I had an extremely difficult time waking up this morning and an extremely difficult time staying awake all day. All I wanted to do was to crawl back into bed and sleep. But did I get to? No.
SOC was boring and I don't know the half of what was being discussed. I figure that I don't really need to pay too close attention now that we aren't having a test on any of the material covered. All we have is a project and that's it. So I just need to pay attention when my topic is discussed in class and I'm golden. Both GEOL classes were hard to focus in too. But there's this one guy, I think his name's Brent, in my lecture class that sits next to me that was making me laugh at stupid remarks, so that helped a little.
I probably could have taken a little nap in my car, but that would have been weird. I got out of class at 3, picked up Bre from her work, and then we made our way to Huntington. We stopped by at Rite Aid to get s'mores stuff and then we met up with Jackie, Jessica, Niki, and Becky. I was expecting it to be extremely awkward, since I hadn't seen Jackie or Becky since 8th grade and I hadn't seen Jessica or Niki since graduation, but it wasn't too bad. I had a really nice time. I felt a little weird being in jeans considering I'm semi-used to going to the beach, but I had come straight from school, so I didn't feel too weird. And Bre was wearing jeans too. Some boys came and hung out with us at our fire towards the end, but they were harmless. Faded and buzzed, but harmless.
I finally got Bre home and finally got myself home, but I still couldn't go to sleep. I had to wash away the smokey smell, which hasn't fully gone away even after washing my hair twice, and I needed to come up with a topic for my report/project. I have a topic, I just don't have a research question. I'll ask Brutlag about it tomorrow. Now, I can finally get some sleep. It won't be nearly enough, but at least I'll get some.
No comments:
Post a Comment