Perfect timing too. I just finished my POSC paper up to the point where I wanted to finish tonight, and now I need to start studying for my HUM midterm tomorrow morning. Fun!
I did not want to wake up at all this morning. I was contemplating not waking up, but I had told Katy that I'd go with her to convo, and since she was already up, I couldn't just not go. So I forced myself to get up, get ready, and walk down to the fieldhouse. It was worth it though. Some Watoto (?) children's choir from Uganda came and performed. It was fun and a little overwhelming all at the same time. They sounded great and all looked great and were synchronized and everything. A little It's a Small World-ish though.
After convo I should have been productive and worked on my essay, but I was way too sleepy for that. My sleepiness won me over and I took a nap until like 1:20. I went down to the caf before class and got some nasty Chinese food and watched the Manchester United game until it was time to go to class. REL just isn't going the way I'd like it to. The professor is really nice and all, but she doesn't cover the material as well or as in depth as she should and a lot of the things we do in class just seems like time killers. It's a three hour class and we could be getting lots done, but we're just given brief overviews of what we read the night before and are told to answer a broad question in a group of 5. Not very helpful if you ask me.
After class I started outlining my essay, but that didn't last all that long. I got distracted and talked to Laura about hysterectomies and vasectomies for some weird reason. I don't even know how we got on the subject, but we got pretty curious about them really fast so did some research until we were satisfied/grossed out. I hung out in there until it was time for spacing rehearsal. It was unfortunate that only about half the people showed, but I think it was beneficial anyway. Hopefully we'll get to use the stage again with everyone sometime before Monday.
After staging I came back and got to work on my essay. I didn't get as far as I would've liked to before rehearsal, but I got far enough. Rehearsal went really well tonight. We powered through learning half of a dance, performed the whole show the producers and announcers, and then tried to finish learning the dance that we had started. That didn't turn out so well. People were tired and were overly talkative so Alex kind of got mad and told everyone to leave. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive. It needs to be more productive.
Like I said earlier, I muscled through most of my essay. All that's left is a little spiel about marching band leadership, and I'm done. I can do that tomorrow no problem. I just need to study now. Ugh...
No comments:
Post a Comment