I actually did more than just sit around today. Woo.
I woke up at 10 and got ready, assuming that my mom and I would leave for lunch at 11:30 like we had planned last night. It kinda worked out that way, but 11:30 turned into close to 12:30. Lunch at Aculpulco was okay, but it would've been better if they had those corn tamales that I loved. I ate until I was stuffed regardless of their lack of tamales and then headed off to Yorba Linda with my mom.
I don't remember when we got to the Nixon Library, but we spent at least an hour and a half walking around. I had been there in 8th grade for a concert, but we weren't allowed to walk around through the exhibits or anything, so it was like visiting for the first time. I probably would have never went if it weren't for the POSC extra credit aspect of it, but I'm glad I ended up going. I learned a lot of things about Nixon and his family that I had no clue about. I'm contemplating whether or not I should do my reflection about it tonight or not. I might as well while it's fresh in my mind. And it only has to be a page so it won't take very long.
On the way back from the Library my mom and I made a few stops. Lamps Plus= bust. Random lamp place= success. Target= success. Home Depot= success.
Once we got to my grandparents' house I felt like I had never been gone. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing. My mom and I plopped ourselves on the couch like we usually would do, my grandma got us plates of food, and then we ate. I shouldn't have eaten all of that food though. I was still full from lunch and could have survived without eating for an hour or two. I need to start working out again because I'm starting to feel a little on the flabby side and I don't like it. The only thing different about my grandparents' house is that my uncle moved in. He lost his job a few months ago, so he moved from his apartment in downtown LA back into his parents' house. Not so glamorous. After dinner my mom and I watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. I love that movie. I need to find myself a Nick, or a Paulie Bleeker. After the movie my mom wanted to watch American Idol, so we did for a bit, and then we came home... and I've been on the computer ever since. If I don't do my reflection, I'm going to watch W. I bought it at Target.
Going back to Nick/Paulie Bleeker, Daniel and I talked again tonight. I remember I saw him the night Rebecca and I went to go see Juno. It was right after he had pulled the "just kidding about prom" deal on me. I was starting to fall for him again, and I thought he was too, but I was wrong. That night Daniel asked how I liked the movie and I told him that I wanted a Paulie Bleeker. He told me he'd be my Paulie Bleeker if I'd be his Juno. Cute, but not coming from the guy who had turned out to be a douche. But I'm way over it now. We've been talking kind of a lot lately, and I don't know if I want to develop feelings for him. Summer's coming fairly soon, which means we'll both be home, which means we'll probably hang out, which may lead to other things. But I don't know if the third time will be the charm with this guy. I miss him, and I miss how cute we were together, but I don't know if he's my Paulie Bleeker.
No comments:
Post a Comment