Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Underdog to the Rescue

GGS blew everyone away at dress rehearsal tonight.

This morning started with HUM.  Unfortunately, it didn't start the way I wanted it to.  I was hoping for a biscuit sandwich, but they were serving pancakes, and I was hoping for our tests back, but they'll be ready on Thursday.  Our lecture was on the short side today, I think we were out by 11:10, so I swung over to One Stop to see if they sold Knott's Berry Farm tickets.  They don't.  They sell Knott's Scary Farm tickets, Disneyland tix, Magic Mountain tix, and Seaworld tix, but no tickets just for plain ol' Knott's.  I asked my to see if she could tickets cheap from her work, which she can, so that works out extremely well.  And they don't expire, so if our plans happen to fall through, which I hope they won't, we'll be okay.

I spent the afternoon watching more of The Office, I'm halfway through the third season, and I was waiting for a special phone call.  The package with the astronaut jumpsuits were supposed to come this morning, but they hadn't.  Laura was supposed to pick them up once they got delivered, but she put me in charge since she had class from 2-6.  The package came around 4, and Natalie, Kaitlyn, and I worked on gluing the NASA patches and the flags on them.  they turned out really well.  I'm glad we were able to get them on in time for the dress rehearsal.

I was really nervous, scared even, for how well, or not so well, we would do, but we ended up doing great.  We disregarded the first two groups right away.  We knew we were better than them.  As soon as we got on stage our show magically came together and everything just happened the way it should have.  We definitely have a chance to win.  Katy's group did really well too.  They weren't the best singers, but they looked really good on stage.  They're the ones to beat.  DG and Psi U did well too, but not as well as GGS and KTD.  I'll be very surprised if they win.

We ran through the show 4 more times after the dress rehearsal and we got better each time.  I can't imagine how good we'll be by the time Thursday rolls around.  That's when it actually starts to count.  

No comments: