Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Subcompact

I sat around again today.

I woke up around 11, which isn't all that bad now that I think about it. It's just 2 hours off from when I normally wake up on Mondays. But I guess 2 hours is a long time. I was immediately drawn to the computer and was a little weirded out to see that Nathan sent me a friend request on Facebook. It wasn't so much the friend request that weirded me out, but the fact that he was in my dream last night.

My dream: I had flown in to LAX from I don't know where, and Nathan had been on my flight too. We hadn't talked, but when we got off the plane, we went over to some area that was set up like a diner, like Norms. He sat with me, but I was ignoring him. I sent my mom a text asking if I could go to Washington with Katy, who I was expecting to show up any minute, but she never texted me back. I left Nathan to go use a payphone and ended up running into Laura. On my way back to the tables I saw that Katy was sitting with Nathan, so I went to go sit with other people that were sitting with my mom. The end. Weird.

I texted Katy about the Nathan ish and we decided it was best that I deny the friend request. He's bad news. I want nothing more than to not have to deal with him again, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. He causes drama with people and it gets back to me, reinforcing my idea that he hasn't changed at all. I have changed. I'm afraid that if I'm at all connected with Nathan my change will be all for not and we'll just fall into the same cycle again. I don't want that to happen. I feel that it's my fault that he's the way that he is, that it's my fault he's still trying to contact me, and that I can be doing a better job of keeping him away.

I pretty much just spent the rest of the day eating, sleeping, and watching TV. I tried watching W tonight, but it didn't work for some reason. And then I tried watching Palo Alto, an indie movie that I've been trying to find for at least a year, but that didn't work either. Sad.

I was a little productive though. I wrote down some current events for POSC. Tomorrow I'm going to the Nixon Library, so maybe I'll even write my paper about it and start on my essay for REL. I need to contact FBR too. That project is coming way too soon and I haven't done anything for it...

No comments: