Woke up around 11, got ready, ate around 12:30, and then went to the holding room around 1. We were supposed to be in the same room we were in the other night, where my REL class is, but they changed it so we could have an actual functional room. Everyone was pretty dead before this afternoon's show. It was a total different vibe then the evening shows, but we were still able to rock it out. At intermission I get a message from my dad confirming that we were the group right after intermission. We're the group right before intermission, so I corrected him. He texts me back saying that they missed it. That got me upset and made me not want to go out to lunch with them even more than I already didn't want to. After the finale I book it back to my room to change, in case I had to go out, and then my dad calls. He was kidding about the whole missing my performance thing. Not funny. At all. I wasn't really hungry yet, so I told him to take my sister and his dad out to eat and I'd just eat later, which I did. Terrible Saturday buffet.
Tonight's show was an even more different vibe than all the other shows. I've been in a funky mood for the past few days so I wasn't the best example of an amped Gamma Ghkkkkket-er, but pretty much everyone else was excited. I was just on my laptop trying to get through season 4 of The Office, which I finished about a half hour ago. Our performance tonight had a huge amount of energy from everyone giving their all. Unfortunately, I made a few mistakes in the very beginning. But it was all at once towards the end of the song, so I think I was fine. After intermission we embarked on a Gamma Ghkkkkket Sigma tradition, which shall remain secret, and then came back to wait around for the finale. The finale was extra long with all the introductions and extra awards, and because of the Sweepstakes award. I was pretty anxious about who was going to win between KTD and GGS, but GGS prevailed and was named the winners. It was really nice to see everyone so happy. It kind of reminded me of Band Jam. But I'm used to winning Sweepstakes in everything, not to sound cocky, so it wasn't all that big of a deal. We were having a party after the show, but I just came back to my room to watch The Office. Lame right? But I didn't want to be a downer at the party. I wouldn't have been much fun. I haven't been much fun lately. I hope my convo with Rebecca helps...
I'll be able to communicate effectively and correctly one day. One day I will be able to communicate easily with whomever I choose to communicate with. One day I will be able to say what is on my mind without having to analyze every single aspect and possible consequence.
No comments:
Post a Comment