Wednesday 4/28: I woke up fairly early to study for my stats final at 1:30 and Katy woke up early to go to her social work professor’s house for their “final” and to go run some errands. My stats final felt kind of easy, so I also felt I did poorly because it shouldn’t have been that easy and the answers seemed like, “well duh” answers. I ran some errands after my final and went to go turn in my horn, music, and wonderful Hawaiian pepp band shirt. When I came back I plopped myself down on Katy’s bed hoping maybe we’d talk about that message I had sent her, but we didn’t. We cuddled and fell asleep instead. It was adorable. Katy had a study session for stats at 7, so she left and Tyler came over. We couldn’t decide whether we wanted to go out or stay in and watch a movie, so after some talking and very little deliberation, we decided to stay in and watch a movie. Right after the movie ended and we turned the TV off, Katy came back. It was a little awkward since we were on my bed, in the dark, but nothing was happening. We had literally just ended the movie and were about to talk. Katy left to go study with Madison around 11. A minute later, right after Tyler and I had started conversing again, Madison showed up looking for Katy. I pointed her in the right direction. Tyler and I got back to talking which turned into making out, which went longer than it was supposed to. Katy walked in at 1:09. That was awkward. We left right after and said our goodbyes for the summer. I was already tired, so I got ready for bed and crashed right after that.
Thursday 4/29: Katy got up super early to cram with Madison before their stats final at 10:30, and I woke up early to finish packing and loading up my car. I finished packing and was about 2/3 done loading my car when I realized I had locked myself out of Towers. Luckily, Katy had just finished her final, so I met her at the caf for one last lunch and then we headed back up to the room. She finished packing while I started studying for my graphics final, and then she started loading up her car and I finished loading mine. Katy checked out at 4:30, during my final, so I left her my key. I met up with her and Isabela for one last dinner in the caf and then headed back up to Towers to take my pictures off the wall and check out. We took some last minute pictures, said our goodbyes to the freshies, and then went our separate ways. Katy went to pick up her dad at the airport and I went home.
Friday 4/30: Katy and I planned on meeting at Disneyland at 11, so I woke up early enough to get ready, pick up two complementary tickets for her and her dad, and be able to get there on time. Chris came too, so that worked out nicely for evenness. I was afraid that it was going to be awkward with Chris, but it wasn’t too bad. It was a little awkward when they were being cutesy and I was just kind of there, with her dad, but it wasn’t a big deal. We hit up California Adventure first, then went over to Disneyland, then went back to California Adventure, and went to Disneyland once more. We left maybe around 10 since we were spent. I walked with Katy, Chris, and her dad to Katy’s car so I wouldn’t have to say bye sooner than I really needed to. I was pretty sad thinking about saying bye to Katy while we were on the tram and while walking to the car and I was getting teary, but I didn’t cry when actually saying goodbye. And I had so much to say to her, but I didn’t. I wanted to thank her for being such a wonderful roommate and friend, I wanted to apologize for being less than stellar ones, and I wanted to tell her I’d be better ones next year. She did all the talking. And I think there was a slight mention of the message in her goodbye. Terrible timing and I don’t think it counts, but whatever. In the message I mention how I was worried that it was going to be weird between us next year. When saying goodbye she said, “we’re going to be okay next year.” I was a little teary walking back to my car, but I didn’t cry. I bawled the entire way home last year. I think the reason why I didn’t this year is because this week didn’t really feel like finals week and it didn’t really feel like I wouldn’t be seeing Katy for 4 months. I finally got back to my car and made it home pretty soon after.
Saturday 5/1: I woke up around 10, but didn’t really get out of bed until noon and it was wonderful. I would’ve gotten out of bed when I first woke up, but my dog and cat were both under the covers, so I couldn’t mess their plans up. I scavenged around the house in search of food when I finally got out of bed, but all there was was weird organic stuff. I found a strawberry pop tart and decided I should actually get ready for the day that was already halfway over. And I found out that Lisa didn’t get into UNC, so I don’t know what she plans to do now besides stay here longer. It’s awkward, but whatever. I’m not going to be here for all that long anyway. I pretty much just lounged around for the rest of the day and hung out with my cat. He normally doesn’t hang out with me when I’m home, so it was nice. And by hanging out, I mean sleeping within 2 feet of me. I guess it was good that I was just lounging all day since my back was sore from packing, loading, and unloading, and my shoulder was pretty mad too. I finally ate real food at 9 after hours of watching mindless TV and continued lounging until SNL was over.
Sunday 5/2: I should’ve been on my way to London, but I was at home instead. I’m sure there’s some bigger reason as to why I’m not going, but I don’t know what it is yet. And I’ll probably be a little bitter about not going until I figure out what that bigger reason is. I slept in until 12:30, when a text from Katy woke me up, but I was totally okay with that. I was asleep by 1, but I woke up at 4 for some reason and couldn’t get my mind to shut off until after 6. So really, it kind of made sense to sleep in for that long. My mom made us lunch, I lounged around for a few hours and applied for jobs, and then contemplated heading over to my dad’s, but ultimately stayed home. The rest of the day was spent watching a Rob and Big marathon. Hellooo summer.
Monday 5/3: I meant to wake up before noon, but that didn’t turn out so well. After checking grades, sending emails, and signing the lease to our fabulous condo, I decided to actually get ready for the day. I didn’t head out until 4, but at least I got out of the house. I headed over to my grandparents’ house and hung out with them in the backyard until my mom showed up after work. We had some steak and apple pie, my mom went home, and I stayed for a while longer and watched basketball with my uncle. He’s the type that yells at the TV and leaves when his team isn’t doing well. It’s silly. My whole family’s silly. That side anyway. Delgadillo’s aren’t very silly. I got home around 8ish and spent a good chunk of the evening surfing around online and talking to you until my mom kicked me off. The rest of the evening was spent texting Nathan. Random.
Tuesday 5/4: Not only was I awake before noon, I was out of the house before noon. My grandma wanted to be my friend today since most of my other friends are either out of state or still in school. We went to lunch and then went out to get her some shoes and to get my mom a Mother’s Day gift. Getting shoes took longer than it should’ve, but we were successful, and getting a Mother’s Day gift was a bust. My grandma said she wanted some wheelbarrow thing from Home Depot, but it was weird, so I didn’t get it. But she always gets things backwards, so maybe that wasn’t even the right one. After we were done with our outings for the day, I helped with dinner, went out to get a lottery ticket, and then headed home where I watched last week’s episode of Glee, this week’s, and Parenthood.
No comments:
Post a Comment