Friday, August 13, 2010

June 2-8

Wednesday 6/2: The kitties woke me up at 4, 6, and 9, but I didn’t actually get up until 9:30. It worked out kinda sorta. I just wish they’d sleep straight through the night. I spent the majority of the day surfing around online and eventually made my way out to IKEA to pick some stuff up. I spent some time with Diva and Rico when I came home, and since my mom was home, I helped her with dinner. I hadn’t cooked in a while, so it was nice. The rest of the evening was spent with the kitties. They’re silly. I’m going to miss them together once Scout and I move out. And they both fight over who’s going to sleep where, but they normally both end up on my chest or on my pillow. It’s cute, but it’s been really hot lately, so it hasn’t been all that pleasant.

Thursday 6/3: I’ve gotten to the point where the kitties wake me up incredibly early and I acknowledge them, but I can go right back to sleep. I got out of bed and started getting ready for my day at 10. I hit the road close to 1, stopped by school to pick up some books that I ordered only to find the mail place was closed for lunch, talked to Clay Karels for a bit, then waited around for Mike G.. I went over to his barn, which I guess is just a house that looks like a barn, to get the keys and then went over to our house. I assessed the place, took pictures, unloaded my car, and then thought about being a grown up. I didn’t like that part. I stopped to get some food and by work on my way home since I was hungry and going through coffee withdrawals. I was able to get away with a free drink, so that was nice. I stayed to chat with Daisy for a bit and then finally left for home. I think she’s a keeper. I got home around 9, spent some time with Diva and Rico, uploaded pictures, and then spent the rest of the evening with the kitties.

Friday 6/4: I woke up fairly early to get ready, buy some cleaning supplies, and get to our house at an early enough time so I could clean it up before work at 4. The girls before us weren’t very helpful with that. I got to the house at 11:30, tried for forever to unlock the back door, called my mom to come over, went to Pavillions and Lily’s, and then came back to try getting in the house again. My mom didn’t have any luck so we called Mike G.. He was able to pick the lock and get it open. We don’t have a key for that door, so we’re not supposed to lock it. I made my bed and started doing the floors and my mom attacked the fridge. It was gross, but only because the power was off and all the moisture made it all funky. I left for work at 3:30, my mom got mostly done with the foul fridge, and left at 4:15. I worked with Sandy, who I still don’t like a whole lot, and Christian, who I met at the meeting the other day. He’s sarcastic, but I can’t decide if it’s a fun sarcastic yet. I got home around 11:30, posted some pictures, and then watched some TV. And I guess my dad bought a Honda Accord. I don’t really want that one to be handed down to me. I’d take the Pilot, but I think that one’s for my sister. But maybe not since she won’t need a car for like 8 years. And I bet she’ll get a new one even though “girls in this family don’t get new cars.” I’ll buy her a new car.

Saturday 6/5: I didn’t wake up as early as I wanted to, not was I out of the house as early as I wanted to be. I went and bought a mattress at 12 and was off to our house at 1. I was hoping it’d only take me an hour so I could go by our house and be at work on time at 3, but it didn’t work that way. I got to work at 2:45 since traffic was bad. It was me, Sandy, and Johnny until 5, then Christian came. Johnny left 5:30, but while he was on one of his breaks he had me make him a drink. I made him something sweet, and then he was giving me a hard time about it because he said I only made him something sweet because I liked him. So for the rest of his shift he kept saying “Ooooh, Delphina likes me.” It was silly. But he gave me a hug before he left. That was new. The rest of my shift wasn’t anything special, but I like Christian now. He gives Sandy a hard time. And she gets flustered so easily, so it’s funny. I got home around 11:45, got spat hissed and swatted at by Rico, and dealt with 2 rambunctious kitties. Scout was in a particularly bratty mood, and I don’t know why.

Sunday 6/6: I was up and ready to go by 10, but my mom and I weren’t out of the house until 11. We went to my grandparents’ house so I could ask them about borrowing their truck for either that day or the next so I could get the couches and the kitchen table over to our house, but they said no. Really my grandma said no. She’s the decision maker. She always has something negative to say about everything. “That’s stupid. Why are you gonna do that? That’s not going to work. Yeah right.” I definitely missed my grandparents since I hadn’t seen them in a while, but I was really glad to leave as soon as we did. I was on the road by 12 and my mom left about a half hour later. I finished the floors upstairs and my mom went back to attacking the fridge. It’s gross. I got to work at 3:30, was given a hard time by Johnny again, and closed with Yeltsin and Tim. I had never met Tim before, but he’s a shift leader and just transferred in to Pepperdine last semester. He’s our year. He was super chill to work with. I got home a little after 11, packed up the rest of my stuff, and went to bed.

Monday 6/7: My last night with the kitties was bittersweet. The idea of not having them fight over a spot on the pillow in the wee hours of the morning was wonderful, but not having both of them to cuddle with was sad. I woke up early to load my car and get out to Malibu well before class so I could have time to unload my car, pick up my books for class, and figure out when I was supposed to work. I was scheduled 1-5, but my class got out at 1:45, so that wasn’t going to work. I didn’t make it in time to unload my car, but I was able to clear my schedule up. I saw Clay in the Sandbar as I was getting my mail and we chatted from a good 20 feet away, and I saw that Laura was sitting next to him as I was leaving. I waved but received no acknowledgement. Class was okay and work was fun. I was working with Yeltsin for about an hour, and Daisy for the rest of the time. Dallas was doing managerial stuff the whole time and Johnny was in the back counting tips. I stayed until 6:30 and then went to our house. The power was on, so I did a quick assessment and then went to Target to get some things. I unloaded the car when I got back, freaked out a little bit about how dark, empty, and quiet the place was, and then went to sleep.

Tuesday 6/8: I made it through my first night and woke up early to go into work at 7. Gross. Dallas and Claudia, the other new hire, opened, so they were still there when I got there. I was on register, plus it was busy, so I didn’t get to talk to either one of them a whole lot. Dallas and Claudia seem to be besties though. Whatev. I was supposed to work until 2, but I got off at 9:30 and went to go pick up some books from mail services. I read for class, ran into Karen and chatted with her for a bit, and then went to class. We got out a little after 1 so I was clocked back into work by 1:30. I worked with Johnny and Sandy, and then Yeltsin came in at 3. Johnny left at 5 and I ended up staying until 5:30ish. My mom was at our house cleaning, so I joined in once I got home. All of downstairs is done, and the kitchen and bathrooms are done. The fridge is still a little funky, but we left bowls of baking soda in there. Hopefully it helps defunkify it. She brought the Kitty, so she was running around all over the place splorin’, like she does. My mom left a little after 9, and I got ready for bed soon after.

No comments: