Wednesday 11/18: Laura had to wake up super early for some Thanksgiving service thing down at the Fieldhouse at 8:30 this morning. Katy and I are done with convo, so we could sleep in, but I had to pick some stuff for work at 9, so sleeping in didn’t really happen. Then I was stressing out because I was supposed to sell basketball tickets in the caf after convo, and I asked Scott the day before to reserve a table, but he didn’t. But I shouldn’t have asked him to since it was my responsibility anyway. Needless to say, tickets were not sold today, and I was pissed. But I still got to work, so that means I still get money. Accounting was fine, but then there was no band rehearsal, and I was even more pissed. I want to punch Tony Cason. Dinner with Katy made me feel better, and it turns out she got an 89 on that religion test she was stressing about. Go her. Dance team practice was short, and she spent the rest of the evening working on some sociology project. And Laura keeps picking little fights with Newport. Sad, but I don’t like him, so maybe it’s good.
Thursday 11/19: I decided to try and pay attention in HUM instead of making smart-ass remarks the whole time, and I think I actually learned stuff. Not entirely sure yet. Katy’s Spanish class was cancelled, so we met up after my religion class for lunch. It was nice. The rest of the day was uneventful. Katy spent the evening working on her soc project again, and Laura watched TV. I chatted with Daniel on the phone, listened to some music, and called it a night.
Friday 11/20: I went back to the doctor today about the cramps in my chest. They did an x-ray this time, but it didn’t show anything abnormal, so the doctor said to just deal with it since it isn’t serious, and to come back if it gets worse. I was back in time to get lunch with Katy before class, so that was really nice. Katy spent some time in the library today to work on her sociology project and then I left for work pretty soon after she got back. I was hoping pep band would be cancelled again since I am soooo over it, but enough people showed up. Not enough people for my liking, but we sounded decent. We ended up winning by 2 at the very end, but Gus hurt his shoulder and I don’t think he’ll be starting for a while. Sad. They had In-N-Out after the game, but I didn’t really feel like waiting. Katy went with her dance team friends, so that worked out. Newport decided to surprise Laura and show up a day early, so Katy and I weren’t all that thrilled about it.
*Side stuff: (it’s gonna get a little deep right now, so sorry [that’s what he said]) I felt kind of weird tonight. I think it’s because I have so much going on right now, and I don’t really have any outlets. There are so many things that I want to say, but I don’t know how. I’m afraid to talk to Katy and I don’t want to talk to Laura because I don’t feel as if she’d really listen. (deeper) I had a major issue with outlets in high school, so I went all emo and cut myself for a while because I didn’t know what else to do. But then I realized how stupid that was and how it didn’t help at all, so I stopped… and started getting high instead. But then my friends found out and I promised them I would stop. So I did. Then Rebecca and I started this notebook, and that helped a lot because I find it waaay easier to write about how I’m feeling and what’s going on with me than having to actually talk about it. But I don’t do that anymore and I’m starting to feel stuck again. And I don’t know what to do.
Saturday 11/21: We all woke up early to go to Coogies with Fehlbaum at 8 this morning. It sucked waking up, but it was nice getting to spend time with her. Once we got back, Katy went to ballet and lyrical, I went to work, and Laura went back to her room and hung out with Newport. By the time I got back, everyone was gone, so I slept for a little bit. Katy got back around 2:45, Laura and Newport got back around 3:30, and then Katy left for Oxy around 4:30. And I kind of talked to Katy, not Laura, a while back about what happened when Scott slept over, and I found out today that Katy told Laura. It isn’t a big deal, but if I wanted her to know, I’d tell her myself. I spent the rest of the day studying for HUM. Scott came over and studied for econ, but it wasn’t weird or anything, so that was good. He wanted to sleep over again, but I said no this time.
Sunday 11/22: I woke up around 10:45, as did Laura and Newport. Newport left around 1 to go pick up his mom from the airport and Laura and I left to go to the Getty Museum for some HUM assignment that’s due when we get back from break. The Getty was pretty and all, but trying to find info for our stupid paper was stressful and confusing. I’m pretty sure we got everything we needed though, so hopefully it works out okay. Katy got back from Oxy/dance around 3:30 and Laura and I got back about an hour after that. The three of us went down to dinner at 7, and then went right back to doing homework once we got up to Towers. Katy had some Spanish project to do with some people from her class, so she did that from 9:30 until 1. When she left she said, “I’ll be back in about half an hour. It should only take that long, but I doubt it will.” Poor her.
Monday 11/23: BEAUTIFUL day! The ocean was super blue and the weather was perfect. I feel like I completely rocked the HUM test, so we’ll see what happens. If I don’t get at least an 80, I’m going to be pissed. AND… I TALKED TO GUS CLARDY!!! “Hey Gus, how’s your shoulder?” “It’s a little sore, but I’m alright.” “Oh, good. Are you going to be able to play tonight?” “Yeah, I should be playing tonight.” “Awesome. I was a little worried.” “Are you going to the game tonight?” “Of course!” “Alright, awesome.” And then I died a little and went to religion and aced my quiz. But I didn’t go to game. I wasn’t going to go all the way to UCLA by myself, so I just watched it on TV in my room. We lost by 19 and Gus got hurt again. If I see him tomorrow, maybe I’ll ask him about it. Katy had dance tonight and is choreographing this particular dance, so she’s really excited about it. She’s so cute. Laura’s pretty much all packed up to go home. Since she’s actually leaving in about three weeks, she figures she might as well take most of her stuff home now. Logical.
Tuesday 11/24: Katy and I had an early lunch before heading out to the airport. We were planning on leaving at noon, but we needed to say bye to Laura, so we needed to wait for her to show up. Turns out she was late because she was on the phone with the Department of Justice. She got an internship with them in DC. After driving Katy and Isabela to the airport, I putzed around school until work at 3. I worked the women’s game, which we lost, until 10, headed out around 11, and got home at midnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment