Friday, August 13, 2010

June 16-22

Wednesday 6/16: I needed to do some stuff with the research articles I had printed out the night before and read for class, so I woke up early to do that. I didn’t actually get out of bed until 10, which was difficult. I don’t know how Daisy got my number, but she texted me before class and asked if I could cover her shift. She had her senior dinner that she forgot about. I was just planning on doing laundry and dishes, so I told her I’d be happy to cover her shift. Class was boring, I came home and hung out with Scout for a bit, and then went to work. I worked with Dallas and Johnny for an hour, Dallas for an hour, and then closed with Christian and Tim. Tim and I were being extremely flirty all night, so that was fun. It was uber slow, so we were able to get everything done way early and were out of there by 10:03. I watched an episode of The Secret Life and then called it a night. Oh, and Laura called me, but I was in class. I think she wants to come visit.

Thursday 6/17: I meant to wake up at 8, but I woke up at 10 instead. Totally worth it. Class was lame and I swung by work afterwards to see if I was working. I knew I switched shifts with Heather, but I wasn’t sure if it was for Thursday or Friday. It was for Friday. I chatted with Yeltsin for a bit and then went home. I chillaxed for a few minutes, showered, then did some laundry and made myself dinner. I have the washer figured out, but the dryer not so much. Dinner was a success and I spent the rest of the evening watching TV on my laptop. I should’ve been doing homework, but I’ll probably put off my 20 page paper until the week it’s due.

Friday 6/18: I didn’t sleep in until 10, but I did sleep in a little bit. Class actually went pretty well. There was pie. How can class not go well when there’s pie? And it was custard pie. I really like custard pie. I was home by 1:30 and I had just enough time to change, make myself a sandwich, and then get to work. I had certification from 3-4, which was pretty much just officially officially making me an official barista, and then I worked 4 until 8. It was slow, so Dallas sent me home early. I was supposed to close, but whatever. And I was working with Jesse. I had heard about him, but never worked with him before. He was easy to talk to and a lot of our mannerisms were the same, so that was kind of amusing. And he does the air pistol thing, so that was fun. It was slow, so Dallas sent me home at 8. I spent the rest of the night watching episodes of stuff, fighting off a ninja kitty (I have scratches all over), chatting with Daniel (he’s having girlfriend issues), and texting Katy. I admit, I was being a downer about what we were talking about, and Katy definitely called me out on it. It sucked and I cried about it, but maybe I needed that. Maybe it’s just tough love. But it still sucked.

Saturday 6/19: I slept in and lounged around watching stuff on my laptop with Scout until it was time for work at 3. My favorite freshie, Alex Claud was there visiting Dallas, so I talked to him for a little bit. He said it looked like I lost weight, so that was nice. I worked with Dallas, Johnny, and Amariah for a bit and then closed with Christian and Amariah. I was way off my game. I wasn’t focused I guess. Part of it was because I was working with Amariah, then the other part was because of the text convo Katy and I had the night before, which I wrote to you about. Turns out she meant it differently than I interpreted it. It’s because I turn everything into something negative. I got home around 11, watched a little bit of tv on my computer, and called it a night.

Sunday 6/20: I didn’t sleep in too much since I needed to get ready and get us a pool key by noon. I spent the rest of the day lounging around with Scout when I should’ve been studying for my Research Methods test or writing the 20 page Prospectus that’s due for that class in about 2 week. I’m not the best at balancing being a working adult and a college student, but I’ll get there. I worked from 5:30 until 10:30 with Yeltsin and Dallas. Dallas is definitely gay and he’s definitely fun to talk to. Yeltsin, as always, was a pleasure to talk to as well. I wasn’t focused again for some reason and was off my game again. It wasn’t as bad as the night before, but still. I got home, played with little miss April Scout for a little bit, and then went to bed.

Monday 6/21: I woke up early so I’d have time to eat and study for my test. I was scheduled to go into work at 11, but because my class doesn’t start until 11:30, that wasn’t going to work. I finished my test as quickly, and as thoroughly, as I could, and was clocked in at work by 12:15. It’s not my fault the managers don’t pay attention to the form I filled out about my availability. I worked with Johnny and Yeltsin for a bit, then they peaced out when Daisy showed up. Dallas was around, but he was doing intro stuff with a new hire, Grace. I didn’t talk to her much, but she was asking too many questions for my taste. Claudia showed up around 6, so Dallas and Grace left, and Christian was supposed to come in, but something happened at home, so he didn’t. I was supposed to leave at 6, but since Christian wasn’t coming in and I was late, I stayed late. Not counting the hour I stayed to make up for the initial hour I missed, I got about an hour and a half of overtime in. Nice. I was home and settled by 9, played with Scout for a little bit, and then surfed around online before calling it a night.

Tuesday 6/22: I am a huge fan of cuddling, so having a kitty that is also a fan of cuddling makes it difficult to get out of bed in the morning. And it being cold doesn’t help either. I woke up early enough to get my reading done for class and get to school a little early to check my mail. I got a letter saying that I’ve been denied for the latest student loan I applied for. I have to find one. I actually participated in class, so that was kind of new. It was mostly math stuff today, and I understand math, so I spoke up. I stopped by the bank afterwards to deposit my tips that I got the day before and intended on napping once I got home, but that didn’t happen. I made myself a bacon and egg burrito, talked to my dad for a bit, talk to you for a little bit, and then watched stuff for forever. I took a break to make myself dinner, but I pretty much spent the rest of the night in front of my laptop. I intended to go running for once since I miss being physically active, but I didn’t. I wasn’t motivated enough.

No comments: