Thursday, August 12, 2010

December 23-29

Wednesday 12/23: I woke up at 10 and didn’t have work until 5, but I felt like I hardly had anytime time to do anything. I did some laundry, changed the bedding on my bed, packed, and watched the second Pirates of the Caribbean. And one of our new roommates messaged me over Facebook. Work was nothing special, except my boss told me that I’m awesome and that I own the Fieldhouse. I must be doing something right. After watching the third Pirates and making myself a baked potato, I went to bed.

Thursday 12/24: My mom woke me up to let me know there was a fire at our house. Our dryer’s older than I am and over the summer it started eating clothes. It caught on fires this morning, so the fire department came and took it out of the house. Nothing happened besides the dryer and my mom’s clothes catching fire, and the house smelling like smoke. My mom put a microwave on hold at Target, so I went and picked it up on my way home. My mom called around 7:30 to let me know it was the wrong one. Great. I got home around noon and went to my grandparents’ house around 2. I helped my grandma make some food, wrapped some gifts, and got another message from our new roommate/bathroommate. People didn’t start showing up to my grandparents’ house until 7:30, and I was ready for bed by then. Things got pretty loud and people got pretty drunk, but it was fun. I think my family is hilarious, but put a few shots of tequila and some margaritas in ‘em and they’re even more hilarious. The last of our guests left at 1, and then we went to bed at 2:30.

Friday 12/25: We woke up around 9 and started opening presents around 10. We lounged around probably until 3 and then I got to my dad’s around 4. His in-laws are down from Minnesota and staying with him for a while, so they were there and one of Jennifer’s sister’s family. So it was 2.5 Delgadillos to 6.5 Baxters/Turners. Awk. My dad and I went to our favorite restaurant for dinner and then I got home around 10 and lounged around with my mom.

Saturday 12/26: First stop: Marshalls in search of light scarves for Katy. Fail. I made it to school to pick up my paycheck and my camera charger and back by 1. After going to the bank to deposit some Christmas money, I went to Kohl’s in search of thermals. Fail. Then I went to the mall where I found everything I needed, minus Christmas presents for Katy and her family. After 4 more stops in search of scarves, I gave up and got to my grandparents’ house around 6. My mom and I had dinner and chillaxed until maybe 9:30 and took the chillaxing home.

Sunday 12/27: My mom and I had a late start on the day, but we got some thing accomplished. We went out to lunch, went to get her a new uniform since one of hers burned, we went all over the place to find Katy a scarf and her family stuff, and then we were done.

Monday 12/28: I spent about 3 hours at my grandparents’ and then went to go pick some friends up. I made plans to go see The Princess and the Frog with Rebecca, Daniel, Tania, and Breanna, but Rebecca woke up with a fever (she thinks she has swine flu, but she’s a hypochondriac) and Daniel flaked at the last minute. I later found out he went and played board games with some of his other friends. Whatev. The movie was really good and not racist, and it was really nice hanging out with my friends. I missed them.

Tuesday 12/29: My mom and I went to lunch and did some last minute shopping for my trip. When we got back I organized about ¾ of my songs in i-tunes, and then we went to dinner at my grandparents’ house. We didn’t get home until almost 10, and then I packed. I got to my dad’s around 11 and weighed my suitcase. 52 lbs. Winter clothes are significantly bulkier and heavier than summer clothes. I took stuff out and got it down to around 44. It’ll be lighter on the way home since I won’t have a movie basket in there. But I may come back with Christmas presents… I finished organizing my music, did some other things, and now I’m going to send this to you and go to bed. I’m waking up in 4 and a half hours and leaving for Washington. I’m so excited!

No comments: