Friday, August 13, 2010

June 9-15

Wednesday 6/9: I was supposed to be in London, anxiously awaiting Ellie Goulding’s biggest gig to date, but I had work and school in overcast Malibu instead. I woke up at 4 and was out of the house a half hour later to get to work at 4:45. Gross. It was still dark and everything. Amariah and I opened and before I knew it, it was 7 and Emory joined us. We had a steady stream of customers the whole time, so I didn’t have time to make myself anything to drink. I was hard core falling asleep in class, but we got out at 1, so that was nice. I napped with Scout for a few hours after coming home and did a little bit of cleaning after that. The opening shift left me with little motivation for the rest of the day.

Thursday 6/10: Getting to sleep until 6 was great. How sad. I had work at 7, but only stayed until 9:30 again. I was on bar the whole time even though it was super busy and overwhelming, but I kept up and Dallas said I was doing a great job. I hit up the sandbar to read for class and then sat through lecture, trying to comprehend what was going on. It isn’t a very interesting class. Not yet anyway. When I got home, I hung out with Scout for a bit and then she followed me around as I finally unpacked. I wasn’t too motivated to clean upstairs, so I didn’t. The cable guy came and hooked us up, and since I had a strong internet connection, I spent the rest of the night catching up on TV. My mom stopped by and came bearing groceries. It should be enough to last me a week or so. I could always eat the canned stuff the other girls left if I get that unbearably hungry.

Friday 6/11: My mom left the garage door up when she left, so when I left for class in the morning, I was looking at an open garage and a public nuisance fine. It didn’t have an amount listed, so I don’t know how that works. Thanks mom. I stopped by work to get my paycheck, got myself some drinks, and then made a deposit like a big kid. I headed over to Home Depot to get new plates for the outlets and to get keys made. Target was right next door, so I bought some more stuff for our house. When I opened my car door after pulling into our garage, I heard hissing. At first I thought it was the water heater, but after that initial freak out, I realized it was my front tire making the noise. It was losing air, and fast. I cried for a few minutes, made some calls, and then had AAA come and put my spare on. I magic erasered most of the scuffs off of the walls in my room, but I think I’ll have to wipe them down. They’re kind of dirty. Gross. I surfed around looking for loans for a while after that and then just did some plain ol’ internet surfing. I didn’t really have a choice. I had a kitty sleeping on me. I couldn’t move. I love that little cat.

Saturday 6/12: I woke up at 7 so I could get back home at a decent time. I had just gotten new tires last summer, so they were still on warranty. I drove all the way home plus some with a spare and then got my tire taken care of. One of the studs plus the lugnut broke off when AAA was taken my hubcap off, so that needed to be fixed too. Only the tire place couldn’t do it and I had to take it to Honda. I got my car washed and then took it to the dealer. Even though it was one stud/bolt/whatever it was, it was an ordeal to fix it and very labor entensive. I ran some errands with my dad, babysat my sister while her mom was out shopping and my dad was at some community meeting (the city wants to start drilling for oil in some nearby wildlife preserve, and they’re being shady about it, so the community isn’t very happy), and then finally got my car around 3:30. I made it home around 5, changed the wall plates, and then just lounged around with Scout. I probably should’ve been doing homework, but I didn’t really feel like it.

Sunday 6/13: I woke up earlier than I originally intended, partly because Scout was awake and partly because I needed to make sure the house and myself were fairly presentable. Katy and her mom got to the house around 1, with lunch, and we got to hang out for about an hour before they left for an IKEA/Target trip. I got ready for work as soon as they left and was there by 3. Around 9, Katy texted me telling me she was locked out of our bedroom. I wasn’t going to get off until10:30, so I was panicking a bit. By the time I got home, around 11, her mom and her aunt were with Katy in the living room with boxes of IKEA furniture and Katy was calling locksmiths. We finally got in after midnight. Katy and I built her bed and decided to keep building stuff. I don’t know why, but we kept at it until almost 4. We were delirious and not thinking correctly, so building things probably wasn’t smart, but it was fun.

Monday 6/14: I had decided the night before that I wasn’t going to go to class. 1) Because I was up building furniture until 4 in the morning, 2) I didn’t want Katy and her mom to be stuck building stuff while I was at school, and 3) I wanted to spend as much time with Katy as possible before she went back home. We spent the whole day putting together furniture, which went much smoother than putting together the entertainment center the night before. Having furniture makes the house feel so much better to be in. We said our goodbyes around 4 when Katy and her mom went to meet up with her aunt and I left for work. I worked with Sandy and Yeltsin for a little bit and then Christian and Claudia. This Claudia is a shift leader, not the other new hire. She was working in the back the whole time, so I don’t really know how I feel about her. Because Howard Shultz was coming in the next day, we had to make sure everything was clean and wonderful. Clean and wonderful meant staying until after 11. I was planning on doing homework, but I decided on going to bed instead.

Tuesday 6/15: I woke up early so I could get homework done. Turns out the homework I was planning on doing wasn’t due until the next day. Also, it turns out I had a test. I was up and rearing to go, so I was able to get plenty of studying done. The test took me about half an hour and I think I feel good about it. We’ll see what happens. I contemplated napping as soon as I got home, but thanks to Scout and her catnip filled mice friends that Katy got her, that wasn’t going to happen. I was hungry so I fried myself up some turkey patties and popped some fries in the oven for lunch. Not as good as when my mom makes them, but I think I did pretty well for cooking in a new kitchen, with new a stove and oven, and unsupervised for the first time. I’ll get better. I will. I finished unpacking and then crashed for way longer than I should’ve. I don’t know what I did until 9 besides sit around thinking about things I should be doing, but at 9 I went out to CVS to get some paper and ink for my printer. I could’ve printed everything at school for cheap, but I didn’t feel like putting money on my card since I’ve never had the best luck with that. I printed out 5 meaty research articles, highlighted the stuff I needed to highlight for homework, and then called it a night.

No comments: