Friday, August 13, 2010

June 23-29

Wednesday 6/23: Class went okay, but it was all stats stuff, so that sucked. You would figure that learning about stats the second time around would make more sense than the first, but it doesn’t. I’m still lost. I got out of class with enough time to go home, make myself a quick lunch, and then get to work. Sandy was busy doing supervisor stuff and this new girl, Amber, was on bar while I was on register. We really should’ve switched, but Sandy wanted it that way. It got really busy and Amber wasn’t going to fast, but there wasn’t very much I could do. Sandy assured me that I was/am way faster than Amber, so I felt better. Then Grace and Daisy showed up when Amber left. Grace was pretty much texting the whole time and just got in everyone’s way. Sandy was the most vocal about how annoyed she was with Grace. Sandy also assured me that I wasn’t/am not annoying, so I felt better. Sandy and Grace left when Tim showed up, and then the fun started. We were flirting the whole time, and it was obvious what we were doing. He threw out the, “your boyfriend” line just so I would say I didn’t have one. And he asked when we were going out. And he wrote me a note on a cup. Cute. But I can’t go out with him. It’s not allowed. I was supposed to get out at 9, but there was a lot of stuff that needed to get done and Christian couldn’t come in again, so I stayed until 10. Tim didn’t want me to leave, but I couldn’t work past 10 anyway. I came home, dealt with a hyper kitty, and watched more stuff of my laptop.

Thursday 6/24: Scout woke me up multiple times, so I was tired when I got to class. I had work from 2 until 6 with Sandy and Jesse, but Christian was out again, so that meant I had to stay late again. Tim showed up at 6 when Sandy left, but we weren’t nearly as flirty as the day before. I was too tired. And Jesse and I declared ourselves besties since we’re pretty much the same. And Alyson Hannigan came in, so that was cool. I got home around 10:30, ate, showered, and then called it a night.

Friday 6/25: I woke up early to study for my COM test, which was difficult since it was all stats related, but I think I did okay. I went to go pick up my paycheck after class, which was and then went to Ralphs to stock up on groceries. I was back home by 1, made myself some lunch, and then sat around watching How I Met Your Mother. Scout was in a talkative mood, so we chatted for a bit and then ended up napping for about 2 hours. I spent more time watching stuff online and then left at 10 to go to Clay’s house for s’mores and banana bread. He lives in a house with 5 other boys in Calabasas. It’s only him and one other guy for the summer though. The banana bread and s’mores crew consisted of me, Clay, Jorge, Zach, Mike, Chase, Meagan, and Chelsea. We sat around chatting and making s’mores outside while we waited for the banana bread to finish baking. It was really nice. And the banana bread was soooo good. We all took off around 1, I got back home around 1:30, and then got ready for bed. And Clay texted me to make sure I got home safely and to tell me goodnight, so he earns major points for that. And he cooks.

Saturday 6/26: I slept in and did NOTHING productive. Grown-up/college student fail. It was just so nice to be able to sleep in and not have to go to work or school, so I took full advantage of it. It wasn’t smart, but I think I needed it.

Sunday 6/27: I allowed myself to sleep in until 10 and then I tried my best to get some of my homework done before going into work at 4:30. I closed with Sandy and Yeltsin and was home by 11. Nothing special happened aside from Nia Vardalos (My Big Fat Greek Wedding), coming in. Real exciting day.

Monday 6/28: I had way too much caffeine at work, so I couldn’t fall asleep. I ended up watching HIMYM. I’m all caught up. I was finally able to fall asleep around 3:30, giving me about 4.5 hours before waking up. It wasn’t until after I was already up and getting ready that I realized I had my alarm set for enough time to study for a test, which means an hour earlier than I needed to read for class. It wasn’t that big of a deal though. I was just cold, so the thought of being under warm blankets was nice. I went to class, but after the professor gave us our daily quiz, he said we could leave and work on our papers. Kind of a waste, but whatever. I guess Scout was happy I was home early because she was talking up a storm and being silly. I love her. I tried to work on my paper, really, I did, but I couldn’t. Scout is too amusing/cuddly.

Tuesday 6/29: I spent a good chunk of the night talking Daniel through his girlfriend problems. She definitely doesn’t sound like a keeper. I woke up at the right time, got ready for school/work, and left the house at 11. Class went the full time and I chillaxed until work at 2:30. I worked with Johnny and Emory for a while and then closed with Christian and Claudia. Claudia’s quitting. I had planned on going to the library after work to do my paper, but decided to just do it at home instead. I got about halfway done (I mostly read through all of my lengthy research articles pertaining to my topic) and then decided to go to bed since my mind was burnt out.

No comments: