Thursday, August 12, 2010

March 10-16

Wednesday 3/10: I thought I had made an appointment for 9:30 to talk about VISA stuff with IP, but I guess I didn’t. I had to reschedule for 4. Katy was out early because she had to go pick up her friend, Lauren, from the airport at 9:30. After I rescheduled my meeting, I went to One Stop to declare my major. Finally. I came back and did some work for a bit, and then I went to buy my mom tickets for Songfest and the library to work on Gamma Ghkkkkket t-shirt designs, none of which were selected. Laura called while I was on my way down to main campus and she vented about Shelby. I didn’t follow everything she said, but they aren’t speaking to each other. Katy and Lauren wanted to go to dinner at The Melting Pot, so after I was done doing stuff and they got back from Katy’s work, we got ready, picked Isabela up, and grubbed. I shouldn’t have gone since I had a ton more to do, but I would’ve felt bad if I didn’t. I had Songfest at 9, but we didn’t get back until after 9. Whoops. We did our first run throughs, including one for the producers/hosts, and it made me ten times more confident in Gamma Ghkkkkket. It doesn’t look clean, but I think we can make it happen. Lauren was asleep when I got back, so I grabbed my stuff and did homework in one of the lounges. Katy told me to come back since Lauren was out cold. We both failed at doing homework and ended up falling asleep instead.

Thursday 3/11: Katy had a career coaching interview this morning, so we were up and getting ready at the same time. Lauren woke up maybe halfway through our getting ready sesh. Marketing was fine, I came back and did stats, Lauren came back from wherever she was, I went to stats and graphics, and then came back to an empty room. I went to the caf to grab some dinner and then I went to our first spacing rehearsal in Smothers. I came back, around 8:30, stressed about London and did some homework, and then Katy went to spacing at 9. I left Lauren a little before 10 to go the rehearsal. After rehearsal I went for a drive and got back around 2. Katy was out doing homework with her friend, Madison, and I don’t know what time she got back.

Friday 3/12: Lauren and I woke up around 9, but Katy was already up and ready from registering. She left soon after to go study for stats with Madison. I was originally planning on going home today to pick up stuff that I needed for my VISA, but since I wasn’t planning on applying anymore, I nixed that one. But then my dad called a million times, so I went home anyway. I left a little before noon and got back a little before 4. Stupid traffic. I sat around for a little bit and then went to Songfest at 5:30. We just ran through spacing stuff and set our positions since we hadn’t really done that yet. Then at 7:30 we had our second spacing rehearsal. During our spacing rehearsal I made a suggestion that ended up working way better than what we had being doing originally, and she announced to everyone that I was “leadership in the making.” Maybe I’ll be a director or something next year. We finished up around 8:30, did our nightly devo, and then I went down to the caf for some food. Katy had practice at 7:30, so Lauren was up in our room when I got back. She left around 9 to go see KTD do stuff. They got back around 10 and we made a quick run down to the caf to get some butter to make Rice Krispie Treats. Isabela came over and we watched a few episodes of Friends.

Saturday 3/13: Lauren and Katy left around 7 this morning, so I didn’t get to say bye to either of them. I woke up earlier than usual, got ready, and then ventured out to Goodwill in search of a costume. Success. I made it back in time to get some lunch before rehearsal. Rehearsal was kind of slow, but productive. We had a 30-minute break in between rehearsal and orchestra rehearsal, so we all hung out in the Sandbar. Orchestra rehearsal went really well. I don’t know if I told you what songs we’re doing, but they’re Centerfield, River of Dreams, Go the Distance, Now or Never, and New York New York. Go the Distance sounded epic, and New York New York was the right tempo, for Frank Sinatra. We’re doing it faster. After orchestra, I went up to Dresher to help with set stuff. It got too cold to handle, so I left and went to the mall in search of a newsboy cap and some TOMS. Success. I spent the rest of the evening unwinding, when I should’ve been doing homework. Oh well.

Sunday 3/14: I woke up at 10, despite the time change, and realized the power was out. I finally called public safety and it was all fixed up in no time. We had our second orchestra rehearsal at 3:30, regular rehearsal at 6:30, and tech rehearsal at 8:45. Songfest has taken over my life. Katy was back from work/at rehearsal when I got back, so I surfed around online for a bit, showered, and tried to do homework but failed miserably. I’ve been so stressed and busy lately, now I’m just apathetic about everything. It isn’t good.

Monday 3/15: I didn’t want wake up for marketing, but I did and it was as usual. Smothers was releasing 30 more tickets for Saturday’s Songfest, so I went down there to pick up a ticket for my friend, Tania that was coming down to see the show. Fehlbaum needed to me pick up some things, so I headed over to Santa Monica and tried to get back before stats, but that didn’t happen. I got back like 20 minutes into the class, so I just chillaxed/stressed instead. Katy got out of class early and read for a little bit and then took a nap. I should’ve taken a nap. We got ready for Songfest and met up with our groups at 6:15. The dress rehearsal went well, but it was waaay long. I think in general, the shows are a lot better this year, with the exception of Gamma Ghkkkkket and KTD. I think our shows were better last year. I’m guessing Sig Ep is going to win. After dress rehearsal we had our last real rehearsal. We talked through some things and did one last run through, and that was it. I was back a little after midnight and chillaxed for a sec, and then went down to the HAWC to get some coffee. I ran into Katy so we walked back up together. I read for religion, she went to bed, and then I called it a night.

Tuesday 3/16: There was an earthquake with its epicenter in Pico Rivera this morning, but everything’s fine. No damage. Katy went to class, I got the news that I would not be going to London, and then I changed my schedule around. I met up with Katy for lunch, we discussed some things, and then came back up to our room. I opted for a nap instead of going to graphics and Katy opted for catching up on TV instead of being productive. Katy left for Songfest, I went to take a quiz in religion, and then I went to Songfest. I was expecting us to do a run through before tonight’s show, but we just had a dance party and sang four of our five songs. We were louder tonight, but I don’t know how else we did. I left as soon as we were done and came up to find your wonderful facebook message. Katy stayed for the finale and ended up coming back a little after 10:30. We spent the rest of the evening chillaxing and had some pie that was meant for pi day, but we were too busy to eat it on actual pi day. Stupid schedules.

No comments: