Wednesday 4/14: I woke up early to study for a make up midterm that I had at 2. I left around 11:15 to grab some lunch before a group meeting at 12 in Payson and Katy went to work. I worked with my group on our advertising project until around 1:45, then I made my way up to the communication division office in the CCB to take my test. Nobody knew where the test was, so I went back to Towers. Then I realized one of my group members had my laptop charger so I needed to go back to Payson. I checked my email before heading back and had gotten one from my marketing group. We were shooting a commercial in the CCB at 2:15. It was 2:13. I made my way back up to the CCB, but it turns out that we couldn’t use a camera, so there was no commercial. I made my way back down to Payson and worked with my group until almost 4. Katy was out shopping with Isabela when I got back and then we left a little before 6 to check out that house Isabela told us about. The landlady was definitely crazy and the house wasn’t too great. When we got back to campus, I went to get some dinner and then hung out with Katy for a little bit when I got back. We both left around 8:15, Katy went to some Delta Tau Delta event and I went to Payson. Katy ended up in Payson too, but we didn’t see each other.
Thursday 4/15: Katy woke up early to get help with some homework, I went to marketing as usual, and then I went to go take my midterm finally. It was harder than I was expecting, that’s what she said, but I think I BSed well enough to get a decent grade. After my test I went to stats and then after stats I went to go help shoot our commercial. It’s going to be cheesy and wonderful. We finished at 4, and since my last class started at 4, I debated whether to go or not. I didn’t. I came back to the room instead and looked at houses. Katy called the realtor of another one of the Rey de Copas condos and asked about possibly seeing it the following morning. I went with Katy and Isabela to the senior art exhibit, which was pretty cool and I would’ve like to have spent more time in there, and then we all went to the caf for dinner. During dinner the realtor called and said we could go over right then and now to go check it out, so that’s exactly what we did. It wasn’t decorated as cute as the other one, the other one was full of DG type stuff (anchors and powder blue things), and it had an extra bedroom, but this one was definitely comparable. We took the LONG way back to campus and ended up getting back close to 9. The Lovely Bones was playing in Elkins at 9 and I really wanted to go, but I didn’t want to go by myself. Right when I was about to ask Katy if she wanted to go, she said she was going to call Chris. I decided to stay in and do the shit ton of homework I had, like a good student. I called it quits around 1 and really should have tried getting to bed, but I had had a venti vanilla hazelnut latte and was wired. Katy wasn’t very sleepy either, so we made a whole bunch of things out of paper and were being silly. It was great. We finally ended up going to bed a little after 3.
Friday 4/16: Katy wanted to go to convo since she figured it was the last one, so I volunteered to go with her. Since everyone’s scrambling for convo credits, we figured we should leave early. We woke up around 8 and were at the chapel 40 minutes early. No line. We sat on some benches behind the chapel for a little bit and then went to convo. After killing some time until the caf started serving lunch, we hit up the baked potato bar and ate with Madison and Karen. They all had class at noon, so we parted ways and I went back to Towers to go pack. I left at 1 and headed to UC Santa Barbara to pick up my friend Tania. We left at 3 and headed up to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo (SLO), to visit our friend Breanna. The ride up was nice. We caught up on things and made it to SLO around 4:30. We sat around talking for a while and then finally headed out around 7. Tania needed to buy pants since she hadn’t done laundry in forever and all of her pants were dirty. After that little adventure we went out to eat at this bomb bbq place. Right when we were starting to get full, Tania said we needed to leave because she wasn’t feeling well. Bre and I were babysitting her when we got back until she ended up crashing on her floor. It was still fairly early so Bre and I stayed up talking about random things and laughing. I can’t remember the last time I talked or laughed that much. It was really good. It continued while we were in bed until we fell asleep.
Saturday 4/17: Breanna and I were up and ready to go by noon, but Tania didn’t wake up until 1. We didn’t want to wake her since we didn’t know how she’d be feeling. She took a 40 minute shower and took almost just as long to get dressed, so most of the day was already wasted by the time she was ready to do something. It was already close to when I wanted to leave, so we made a quick run to get my lip pierced. Semi-planned, semi-spontaneous. We were almost back to SLO when Tania decided she wanted to eat before we left for home, so I needed to turn around and go back into downtown. I wanted to eat too, but I couldn’t because of my piercing. I texted my mom about it and she said she was bummed and didn’t think I would want to do something like that. So then I felt really bad and now I think I might take it out. I wanted to leave at 4, but we didn’t end up leaving until 5. The ride back to UCSB was kind of quiet, but I didn’t mind one bit. Tania was starting to bug me a little anyway. Probably because she wasted my day. I got back to the bu at 8, went to Ralphs, and then went to Payson. Unfortunately Payson was closed. I came back to Towers, showered, and then hid away in one of the lounges to do homework. Katy got back from work/Oxy/her aunt’s/Oxy again at 11:15 and came to visit for a little bit. I was really looking forward to venting to her when I got back from visiting my friends, but she wasn’t around. When I got the chance to vent it didn’t seem right, so I didn’t. I should’ve, but I didn’t. I got to work on my homework and didn’t go to bed until 5:30.
Sunday 4/18: I was out cold when Katy left for work. Normally I kind of hear her, but not today. I woke up at 10, got ready, and then went out to get a smaller stud for my lip. I was back by 1:30 and started working on homework. Before I knew it, it was 4 and I was at a Ripboard meeting. I’m really excited about it. I miss school spirit and I want to help bring it to Pepperdine. And I want it to stay. I don’t think we’ll have any traditions while we’re here, but I can help start them for the future. The meeting got out a little late, so I drove Myriah Stockman back up to Towers, grabbed my stuff, and then went to a group meeting for my marketing project. I didn’t get back to Towers until 10. Katy and I were starving, so we went on a burger run. Delish. After we got back, I chillaxed for a little but and then headed to Payson at 1. I got all of my stuff done by 6:15, headed back to Towers, and then chillaxed in one of the lounges until 7, the time I was planning on waking up.
Monday 4/19: I went back to my room at 7, got ready, and then grabbed some breakfast before meeting up with my marketing group in Payson at 8 to go over our presentation. Our presentation went really well and my professor even said that I did a great job. Keep in mind that this is the same professor that said I disappointed him. That still sucks. I crashed after class for about an hour and a half and then went to stats. We got out early so I went to the caf to grab some lunch and get some mail. I ordered a dress and two slouchy tank tops that are adorable, but the weather’s been crappy over here so I don’t know when I’ll be able to wear them. Katy crashed when she got back from class, but I had to finish up some last minute things for my advertising project and then head to class early to meet with my group. That presentation was just okay. After class I didn’t really feel like staying up to do homework, so I didn’t. I watched a few episodes of things and then Katy and I were in bed by 1. And I guess I talked in my sleep…
Tuesday 4/20: Katy and I both woke up early to work on a paper for our religion class. It needed to be 2500 words. I got maybe 100 done by 11, headed to the caf for lunch, and then got to 1700 in Payson. I came back to the room around 4 so Katy and I could complain about the paper together. I ended up with almost 2400 words. It was 10 pages and looked pretty, so I think I’m okay. I didn’t go to graphics since I had to finish my paper, but whatev. Religion was okay. Katy and I were fb chatting about our possible house the whole time. After class Katy and I started packing up our room. I can tell her side looks a little empty, but my side looks pretty much the same. I did laundry, but it took forever for people to put their stuff in the dryer, so I wasn’t really done until an hour after I was supposed to be done. I finished packing a little before one, loaded my car, and then got ready for bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment