I showered, cleaned my room, cleaned the bathroom, Swiffered the floors, and then went out to run some errands. I finally deposited my paycheck, a few days late, but that's okay, I finally mailed my books that I've had for forever, and I went to Ralphs to get some basics. When I got home, I started anxiously awaiting Katy's arrival.
I really should've texted her at some point to get an ETA, so that maybe I could, I don't know, nap or eat, but I didn't. Erin got home around 6:30, said I was dumb for not texting or calling Katy all day, and texted her for me. ETA, half an hour. Erin and I were being silly with Scout until Katy showed up around 8. She didn't really stay for long, she and her sister went on a Ralphs run, and Erin went to bed pretty early since she had to be at school at 6 for NSO stuff. I kind of laid low for a while after Katy and Tess got back, but eventually ventured downstairs and let them take in my company. I didn't say much. I kept Katy company when she decided to start unpacking.
I like how it feels like we were never apart for 4 months. That's good. I was a little scared about that. I'm also a little scared to see how she and Erin get along. They haven't really talked in a year, and when they have talked, it's been kind of tense and about logistical stuff. We'll see. Maybe I'll be the common ground and it'll be perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment