Friday, August 13, 2010

July 21-27

Wednesday 7/21: Not only was I woken up early by scratchy kisses, I was also swatted at, which led to my eye being scratched. It’s okay though. I can see just as well/poorly as I did before it happened. I decided to make breakfast instead of having cereal, so that was nice, and I just lounged around until it was time to go to class. I should’ve been doing homework, but I wasn’t. The prompt for my paper was sitting next to me, but I didn’t do anything about it. I seriously contemplated not going to class, but ultimately ended up going. I should’ve skipped. I had work at 5:15, but I didn’t get there until 5:30 because of class. I closed with Tim and Claudia, so that was nice. I like them. We were being silly the entire time and it was great. Claudia’s only closed a few times before, so she was a little confused about some things, but I picked up the slack. Turns out she has an interview for the open shift leader position. Yeltsin’s interviewing for it too. Tim said he suggested me for the position, but because Amariah and Dallas work with Claudia way more than with me, she’s getting the interview. I don’t mind though. I just think Yeltsin deserves it more than Claudia. I wasn’t too motivated to write my paper for class when I got home, so I did stuff around the house and showered before actually getting to work. It was harder to write than the last one, even though I liked the subject better.

Thursday 7/22: I slept in for as long as I could, watched a movie in class, and was supposed to go out with Claudia, her sister, and Claudia’s friend/Daniel’s roommate, Reagan, but that fell through. Lisa asked if I would help make dinner for the boys, Clay and George, so I gladly said yes. Had I known we would be starting dinner at 9:30, I might not have agreed. But the cooking, company, and food were fun, so I didn’t mind. After dinner, the boys played some video games, Lisa’s friend, Kim Wong, came over, and then we started watching Clueless a little after midnight. Lisa decided she wanted to cuddle with me, so I didn’t get any time with Clay. I like to cuddle and all, but I normally don’t, especially with people I just recently met, but I was tired, so it wasn’t a big deal. Lisa ended up staying and George, Kim, and I left around 2:15. I contemplated just staying up, but I was able to get in an hour of sleep.

Friday 7/23: I woke up at 4 and was ready to start work at 4:45. Too bad Amariah was late. She wasn’t too late, but when I’m expected to be at work that early, I expect the boss to be there that early too. Claudia came in at 7, Daisy came in at 9, and Alex Minke, Gamma Ghkkkkket’s choreographer freshman year, who I guess is just working for 2 weeks, came in at 11. I was supposed to leave at 11, but we were uber busy, so I ended up staying past 1. No biggy. I was sooo out of it by the time I left though. Lisa had invited me, George, and Clay to go hiking with her and Sophia, my RA from Towers, but it ended up just being her and Sophia. I was looking forward to it, but not going allowed me some time to get in a nap. I Skyped with you, which was wonderful and was supposed to go see Inception, but that fell through. Clay invited me over, so I went and hung out with him, Lisa, other Sig Eps, and Laura for a while. Laura ignored me for about 20 minutes until I yelled her name and made her give me a high 5. She wasn’t too happy about it, so she went back to ignoring me. It was ridiculous. After a while, Lisa, George, Clay, and this guy Noah decided to hit up a party a few blocks away. Laura and Mike were coming, I saw them walking about 75 years behind us, but I guess they decided to stay home. They seemed pretty flirty when I was there, and Clay and Joey even made a comment that Laura’s bad news but Mike wouldn’t listen. Claudia was at the party, so that was a nice surprise, and a million other people were there too. A Suite, Gus, some of your BA friends, and lots of other people I didn’t know. I thought that I’d be home a little after 1, but that was before we got to the party. Lisa and I were drinking a little bit at Clay’s so she was tipsy when we got to the party, but that didn’t stop her from drinking more. She was pretty shwasted when we left, but I was taking good care of her. Clay and Garret Kass were talking to some girl named Danielle the whole time, and Clay and Noah ended up leaving me, Lisa, and George behind. Clay wasn’t too drunk, but Noah was in bad shape. I ended up getting home around 2:40. I should really work on getting sleep.

Saturday 7/24: I got a good enough amount of sleep and went into work at 9:15. I was supposed to have the day off, but Johnny asked if I would cover his shift, so I did. I worked with Amariah, Alex, and Joe, who I had only worked with for about 10 minutes before. I didn’t talk to him at all. Joe left when Claudia came in, and then things started getting fun. Amariah was in the back doing manager stuff, so the store was left to me, Alex, and Claudia. It was busy, but we were having a great time. Dallas took over for Amariah, and that added to the fun. Alex left when Yeltsin came in and then I left at 5 to chill out at home for the rest of the night.

Sunday 7/25: I opened, so I had to wake up at the crack of dawn again. We open later on the weekends, so I had to be there at 5:15 instead of 4:45. And Amariah was late again. It was busy the entire time, and it got a little hectic, but I had the bar under control. I was supposed to leave at 9:45, but Johnny missed his bus, so I had to stay an extra half hour until he got there. No biggy. Scout and I napped when I got home and then I left around 2 to get some things from Target. I thought about taking another nap when I got home, but figured it would mess my sleep schedule up even more. I didn’t really do much of anything for the rest of the night.

Monday 7/26: I finally got in a full night’s sleep, so that was really nice. I went to the gym before class and then sat through “humanities”. It’s amazing how that class always makes me want to fall asleep. I can be wide awake before class, but as soon as I sit down, it’s a battle to keep my eyes open. I’m sure that doesn’t help with my ability to “understand” what’s going on. It might be because of the lighting, or the temperature, or my computer. I don’t know. And I wanted to slap that girl that talks all the time. It was hard not to. I went to work after class and closed with Tim and Daisy. Tim was in a bad mood when I got there because he got written up by Amariah earlier for not filling something out. I cheered him up though. And it turns out Amariah didn’t fill out what she was supposed to fill out, so Tim, Daisy, and I all took pictures of the form and sent them to Dallas. Smart? Probably not. Scout was pretty wired when I got home, so I didn’t get to sleep until around 2.

Tuesday 7/27: Little miss April Scout woke me up every hour, on the hour, between 6 and 10, so that sucked a little bit. I went to the gym before class, went to class, and then biked for forever after class. I was extremely low on groceries, I had been surviving on Starbucks and peanut butter sandwiches for a while, so I stopped by Ralphs before going home. I made dinner, thought about getting ready for bed, but then realized I had a paper to write for Sassot. Not cool. I was really looking forward to going to bed by 10. I was physically exhausted.

No comments: