Wednesday 4/7: The weather was gorgeous, but I slept in and did laundry all day and Katy was at work. We met up for dinner and then I had to go to some church in Norwalk, over where I live, for a group project for religion. The service was extremely lively and different than any church that I’d ever been to. We got back a little before 10, but Katy was at a play in Smothers, so she didn’t get back until almost 11. We unfortunately had to do homework, so by the time we were done with that, it was already 2. While we were lying in bed talking about random things, I asked her if she though we were back to normal. To my surprise, she knew exactly what I was referring to. Normal, as in, before our little schism. She said, “I think we’re getting there. Do you think we’re back to normal?” And I said, “Not completely, but I think it’s getting better.” And that was it. I wanted it to be more of a conversation, but it just ended there.
Thursday 4/8: Katy had to wake up early and go to work to fill in for the girl that normally works Thursday mornings. I woke up in time for class, but I wasn’t feeling it. I probably should’ve gone, but I don’t really care anymore. I got ready, ate lunch at the caf, and then went to talk to Chris. We talked about how I wanted last night to go and how I feel about not being able to talk to Katy. I’ve thought about everything we’ve talked about so far before, over and over again, but he’s able to push things further and gets me to think more to the core reasons. It’s scary, but he’s totally right about what he says. Stats and graphics went well and Katy and I got dinner after I was done with class. After that, I worked on some applications for stuff and Katy met up with Madison to do homework. Then we had CLOM/census stuff to do. I sat around for an hour and Katy went to do more homework with Madison. When she got back I was feeling uber restless, so I went for a drive. I was hoping Katy would offer to come with, but she didn’t. And I didn’t ask her to. I got back an hour later, sat around for maybe 20 minutes, and then went on a walk. And I got a text from Katy breaking the news about the house. I was supposed to meet up with Tyler, but I figured being with Katy was more responsible. We didn’t talk about it too much when I got back, but I could tell she was upset. She was so excited about that house. And I was too, but she really really wanted it. I just feel so bad. When she was getting ready for bed in the bathroom and I could tell she was crying so I went in, gave her a hug, and told her that I loved her. We definitely had a moment and it was wonderful. I had wanted to talk to her about some things I talked to Chris about during counseling, but the housing ish bummed me out too much to even try to speak about semi deep things.
Friday 4/9: Katy was out by 10:30, which confused me since she didn’t have class until 12, but then I remember that it was a preview day and she was going to be sitting at DIF’s table. I got ready, grabbed some lunch, and then took care of some things at One Stop and the financial aid office, and then I turned in an application for the Ripboard (Riptide’s Board). Katy had work right after she finished with class, but I didn’t have anything to do so I opted for downloading music and sulking. The housing ish brought in a whole wave of disappointment and other feelings. Katy didn’t get back until almost 7, which I thought was weird, and then we went out to dinner. I had heard great things about this Italian place down PCH, so we went there. Giovanni’s. I liked it. When we got back, the restlessness started again. I tried calming myself down for a bit but then opted to go for another drive. Again, I wanted Katy to come, but I didn’t exactly say that I wanted her to come. We didn’t even have to talk. Just having her there would’ve been fine. I got back around 10, sat in my car thinking for about 45 minutes, and then went up to Towers as soon as Katy was leaving to go see Isabela. She said she’d be right back, which was good because I wanted to talk to her, but she wasn’t right back. By the time she got back I had already made plans with Tyler. We watched some old movie that went until 1:45, whoops, and then may or may not have made out for another hour. We broke both curfews. Oh well. By the time I got back to Towers it was almost 3 and Katy was already asleep. And why do we end up having boys with the same names? What’s up with you and that boy anyway? Deets please.
Saturday 4/10: Katy had work from 9 until 12, but I didn’t wake up until 11. Long night. She got back around 11:30, so apparently she didn’t have to stay until noon. I still felt like talking to her, but she crashed as soon as she got back and didn’t wake up until a little after 1. We didn’t really talk until I mentioned that I would probably want to talk to her the next day, but even then, all she said was okay. We were both hungry, so we went to the caf around 2:30 and ran into Fish and Daniel on our way out. Katy left for Oxy around 3:30, and I had planned on going home to start dropping things off, but Daniel said he wanted to come visit, so I stayed. He didn’t come visit. I napped instead. I woke up around 6:30, surfed around online and caught up on Project Runway. Before I knew it, SNL was on, so I watched that. Then somehow it was already 2, so I figured I should get to bed. The combo of the nap and a myriad of thought running through my head resulted in me lying in bed for a good hour before finally falling asleep.
Sunday 4/11: Katy had already been at work for two hours by the time I woke up. The night before I had written out everything that I wanted to talk to her about when I saw her. As of late, Katy and I normally have a nice little Facebook chat sesh while she’s at work. It’s cute. After we were done talking about ants and Godzilla, yup, Godzilla, I told her that I had written out everything I had wanted to talk to her about and was contemplating sending it to her opposed to trying to talk through it when I got the chance. I opted to send it to her and chat about it if we needed to. The message consisted on my thoughts, feelings, and concerns about our friendship, my fears about communication, and some other random things. It was a lot. But Katy and I chatted through everything and I feel really good about it. I’d like to think she feels good about it too. Around 3 I met up with some people in Payson to work on a group project due next week. We finished at a good time, but I stayed in there to get some other work done. Katy and I met up for dinner at 6 and then came back to do homework. All I had was stats, which was a joke, so I watched another episode and a half of Project Runway before getting in the shower at 10:30. Katy, however, spent that whole time working on homework. We spent the rest of the evening catching up on more TV.
Monday 4/12: Classes went as usual except I started to stress out during my last class. I started thinking about all the homework that needed to be done for that week. It’s A LOT. When I wasn’t in class I was catching up on Parenthood, a show Fehlbaum told me about. I really really like it. Katy and I went down to the caf when she got done with class for an early dinner. Daniel found us, he was supposed to come by Saturday which turned into Sunday which turned into Monday, so we talked to him for a little bit until it was time for me to get to class. When I got back, Katy went to study for stats with Madison and I watched more Parenthood.
Tuesday 4/13: I meant to get up early and be productive, but that didn’t happen. Katy got up early to study for her test at 12 with Madison and I finally got up and was ready for my day by noon. I even watched the latest episode of Parenthood, so now I’m all caught up. I ventured out to get lunch and get your towel around 1, chatted with Jason Yoo for a little bit, and then decided to be productive at 2. I wasn’t nearly as productive as I wanted to be before class at 4, but I was able to get some things done. I got out of class early so Katy met me for dinner before I had a group meeting at 6. I got back to the room a little after 7:30, went back to being productive, and the watched Glee at 9:30. Katy left for some DIF thing at 9 and came back right when Glee was ending. I tried being productive after I was done watching TV, but the internet in Towers was making it extremely difficult. I left for the HAWC a little before midnight, got some work done, and then came back around 1:15 since I figured it would probably be better to sleep and wake up early to do stuff instead of staying up until the crack of dawn to get stuff done and throwing my sleep schedule out of whack.
No comments:
Post a Comment