Wednesday 1/20: After Katy and I were in bed, we got to talking about random stuff like we usually do. We talked about gold booty shorts, songfest, and about how uncomfy I was talking to her the other day. I explained it to the best of my ability, and I think she understood, and I made it clear that I want to get to the point where I’m not afraid to talk to her anymore. Progress. We didn’t go to convo with the freshies since they were meeting up with some other people. Some African princess with AIDS from the Chi came and spoke. I liked her accent. I met up with the freshies at 1 to buy DIF tickets, came back and did lots of nothing, and then went to work at 4. It was rough shift. Setting up for volleyball always seems like more work than basketball. And there seemed to be less people helping. We ended up losing to UC San Diego in 4 sets, I got back around 10:15, and Katy got back from dance close to midnight. She seems to be having fun now, but she was saying how there’s so much dance in her head, it’s hard to distinguish the new Dance Team dances from the new DIF stuff. I finished the night with some homework and Katy watched TV on her laptop.
Thursday 1/21: I would’ve much rather have spent the day in bed. It was wonderfully rainy and waste to spend the whole day up in the CCB. Class went as usual and I had to be down at the Fieldhouse pretty much as soon as class got out. The women played Gonzaga and we got our asses handed to us. It was sad to watch. Dance team did halftime, and I would’ve loved to have left when Katy did, but I had to stay. I got back around 9:30, we watched the finale and reunion of Jersey Shore, and then we went on our first burger run of 2010. As always, the food was delicious, but the manager rushed us out right at closing. Not cool.
Friday 1/22: Going to bed at 2 and waking up for convo didn’t seem like the best idea, but Katy and I did it anyway. We went with the freshies again and had brunch with them and one of their guy friends, Chase. He looks like the guy from The Notebook. Not too shabby. I came back and did laundry while everyone was in class and then just chillaxed afterwards while Katy messed with her resume for career center/internship stuff. There was a film festival at 7, so the freshies went with Katy and I. The freshies left early, but Katy and I stayed until the end. I didn’t want to stay on campus, so Katy and I went for an aimless drive and didn’t come back til around 2. The freshies were still up since they watched Paranormal Activity and were scared, so they didn’t want to go to bed without us being home. Cute.
Saturday 1/23: Katy had dance at 10, I had work at 10:30, and the freshies didn’t wake up until 11. I set up for the women’s basketball game, played with the Pepp band, watched us lose in double overtime, and then got back around 4:30. Katy got back around 5:15, I left for work around 5:30, and Katy left for Oxy soon after that. She hadn’t seen Chris since she left for school, so it had been a while. I was supposed to go to a party back home that Rebecca invited me to, but because I was relying on Rebecca for details, I didn’t go. She never filled me in. I spent the evening playing ten fingers with Karen and Kasey and talking about some other stuff. I felt kind of guilty because I was having this bonding time with the freshies without Katy and because a lot of the stuff we were talking about I would probably never talk about with Katy. The freshies know things about me that Katy doesn’t know, and I know things about the freshies that I don’t even know about Katy. It just seems so backwards, unfair, and stupid. I’m not saying that we need to know everything about each other, but we’ve been roommates for almost two years and I’ve barely made the decision to try and talk to her. I can’t even begin to imagine being as open talking to Katy as I am writing to you. I bet now that I’ve written to you I could probably actually talk to you about all of this, which might come in handy next year when we’re all living in our house/apartment.
Sunday 1/24: The sun was out for the first time in days, so the freshies spent the afternoon by the pool. I, however, spent the afternoon reading and organizing my junior writing portfolio. Kate Pauley was Skyping with someone in Lausanne in the hallway, so it was hard to concentrate on what I was trying to read, so as I was getting ready to move to one of the lounges, around 3, Katy came back from Oxy/dance. I came back a little after 4, decided to read for marketing later, and then did my JWP stuff. Katy and I went down to dinner with Karen, which ended up being a “how can we get Del to switch songfest groups” sesh. Daniel and I came up with the only three reasons I would switch back during Thanksgiving and they came up with one of them, Gus personally asks me to do songfest with KTD. The other two are in Katy’s control. After dinner Katy and I finished up our homework and went to bed around 1.
Monday 1/25: I don’t know how we got on the subject last night during our pre-sleep chat, but we started talking about majors and how I didn’t think it made sense for me to be a COM major since I’m less than stellar at communicating. Katy said that I think I’m worse than I actually am and that she doesn’t see my inability to talk to her as a flaw. She’s just accepted it as the way I work. It was kind of nice to hear her say that, but at the same time, it kind of made me feel like maybe I shouldn’t try to be more open and try talking to her when I need to talk instead of just keeping it to myself. If she’s okay with it, maybe I should be too. But that’s not how it should work and I want to fix it. Anyway, I woke up with a sore throat, marketing went well and my stats class was cancelled, so I was able to chilllax until advertising at 6. I was able to see Katy during my break, but she was already at dance by the time I got back. And apparently, Kasey and Karen are now friends with some of the guys on the basketball team, so Karen’s determined to find a way to get Gus to talk to me about songfest. Katy got back around 11:15 and the night went on per usual.
Tuesday 1/26: Katy went to class and I was able to shower and get ready before the cleaning lady came, unlike like week. Woops. I chillaxed until 4, went to graphics and came back to do some more chillaxing since religion was cancelled. Good thing too since I was starting to feel crappy. Katy and I met up with Kasey and Karen at dinner, got back around 8, and I spent the evening downloading Katy’s entire i-tunes library onto my computer. Unfortunately, about 900 songs weren’t transferrable. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment