Thursday, August 12, 2010

January 27- February 2

Wednesday 1/27: I woke up all stuffy and was not okay with it. Katy and I met the freshies down at convo since Kasey needed to buy a new ID. Convo was okay, but I was more focused on getting to CVS to buy some drugs to get rid of whatever I had. I slept until 2:45 once I got back from CVS and felt much better. Katy went to go talk to some internship lady at the Career Center, but she didn’t tell Katy anything that she didn’t already know. We did homework, I should’ve slept more, we watched stuff on our laptops, and then went down to dinner. Jason Yoo came over to talk to me for a little bit and introduced himself to Katy for probably the third time. I’m glad he’s back. After dinner we came back and did more homework, I showered, Katy went to dance, and I forced myself to stay up until a good falling asleep time, which ended up being close to midnight, right after Katy got back from dance and left to talk to Chris. Those drugs made me pretty drowsy.

Thursday 1/28: Towers was rudely awoken at 7 AM due to a fire alarm. Everyone had to get to RHO and we were cold and not very happy. We were able to come back shortly after, so Katy and I went back to sleep while the freshies got ready for class. I felt gross and stuffy when I woke up, but by the time I got to class, the drugs kicked in and I was fine. I came back as Katy was going to class and took a nice power nap. Stats was fine, but halfway through graphics I started feeling lousy. I came back, said hi to Katy, and then headed to the Fieldhouse for the game. Dance team did halftime, we lost by 15, and then it was back up to Towers. When I got back, Katy was doing homework, but I didn’t really have anything to do, so I coloured. We were tired, but it was too early to sleep. We ended up “going to sleep” a little before midnight, but had trouble falling asleep/staying asleep.

Friday 1/29: No fire alarms. Convo was short and sweet and there were bread bowls again for lunch. Katy went to class, Karen’s class was cancelled, and Kasey went to the beach. When Katy got back she got ready to go out and run some errands and get stuff she needed for DIF. I left for work at 3, worked the volleyball game vs. USC which we won in 5 sets, and I fell in love with a volleyball player. His name is Doug, he’s a junior, and he’s 6’3”. I think he loves me too. Fehlbaum even thinks so. I got back around 10:30 and the four of us, Katy, Kasey, Karen, and I, left for Diddy Riese at 11, got back a little before 1, and called it a night.

Saturday 1/30: Katy had been applying for jobs on campus with no luck for about a week, and she applied for some front desk job at a dance studio down by the Country Mart the other day. She had her interview at 10 and said that she’s pretty sure she got the job. She’d been stressing out about working/interning for a while, so this should be good for her. She and the freshies went to get lunch when she got back, but I opted out since I had just gotten out of the shower and I didn’t feel like rushing to get ready to go to the caf. I sat around and did nothing until 5, when I had to be at work. Everyone at work was in a silly mood, so it was nice. We were short a staff member, so I was able to get out of playing with the band for the game. Win. Help came during the second half, so I clocked out and played with the band until the end of the game in which our boys lost. Bad. Stupid San Diego. I came back to the room to drop off a care package my mom brought me, since she came to the game, and then went down to Elkins to watch a screening of the Informant. Chris was coming over and I figured going to the movie would be a good way to not feel awkward in my little corner. It wasn’t a movie that I would normally watch, but I’m glad I did. It was a dark comedy and I liked the way it was shot. It was midnight when the movie got out and I still had an hour to kill, so I went to Ralphs, took a longer way back to school, and then sat in the parking lot until 1, when I figured it’d be safe to go back. I got in a little after 1, but Chris was still there. They left soon after and the freshies told me that I could spend all day with them the next time Chris is over. I like that plan. I’m not a huge fan of feeling awkward/like a cock-block for hours on end. I love having Katy as a roommate, but I hope that whatever living situation we have next year lets her have her own room just so I don’t have to feel awkward anymore.

Sunday 1/31: Katy and I woke up a little before noon and Katy woke up with a cough. Not okay. Ever since I woke up kind of sick, I’d been wishing at 11:11 that Katy wouldn’t get sick. It backfired. I don’t want her to be sick for DIF. We sat around and did some homework, but mostly sat around, until 5. We went to get dinner early since Katy needed to be at tech rehearsal for DIF at 6. When we were at dinner I told myself I would finish my homework, just a quick stats write-up, when I got back, but that didn’t happen. I figured instead of sitting around procrastinating on the Internet, I should try to do something else. That something else turned out to be running. I ran for the first time in forever and it felt really good. I could tell that I was going to be sore the next as soon as I got back, but I didn’t really mind. Katy got back at 9, two hours earlier than she was expecting, I finally finished my stats, and then we chillaxed for a bit and went to bed.

Monday 2/1: As I was on my way out, Katy woke up. She needed to get some reading done. Marketing was fine and then I came back down to the room for lunch and to get some things I had forgotten when I left earlier. I had a quiz in Stats, read for religion during my stupid breaks, and stressed about housing. Katy had a pretty busy day. She had class until 4, then training for work, then Dance in Flight stuff. I got out of class around 9:45, went running again, and then Katy got back around 11:15. She was feeling better, so that was good.

Tuesday 2/2: Tuesday is normally my sleep-in day, but Katy and I woke up around the same time because I needed to get ready for a lunch interview with that record label guy and Katy had a study date with her new stats friend. It took me forever to find the Epitaph office, but I found it and was there on time. Then the awesomeness began. While I was waiting for the guy I was going to be having lunch with, Chris, I was talking to this other guy, Jason, who’s in charge of online marketing. He was talking to me about the industry and about Solstice Canyon, and about he could give me some contacts of record label people in London. Sweet. Then Chris and I walked a few blocks to some sandwich shop and had some lunch and talked business. He was telling me how he got started and how their label is run and all that good stuff, and he told me he could hook me up in London too. When we were done he gave me a quick tour of the office, which is actually an old trolley repair shop, and gave me some CDs. Sometimes I talk to people, or am just around when they’re talking, and they seem so passionate about whatever it is that they’re talking about, and then I feel kind of sad/guilty that I can’t think of anything I’m that passionate about. Like Katy. Sometimes she has me watch these dance videos on YouTube, and they’re cool and everything and I can respect what they’re doing, but the way she sees them and talks about them, it’s cool. Anyway, when I was talking to Jason and Chris, I got excited when I was talking and I felt really passionate. I want to work in the music industry. I want to work for an independent label, like Epitaph, and it will be wonderful. When I got back to campus, Katy was already at the dance studio doing more job training. I went to class, Katy went to DIF, I went to more class, and then the freshies and I went running. I’m on a roll. Katy got back around 11 and said that work went well because she’s scheduled for the next two weeks. So we’re guessing she got the job. We were both hyper, so we stayed up until 2ish looking for doppelgangers. I succeeded, Katy failed.

No comments: