Thursday, August 12, 2010

March 3-9

Wednesday 3/3: Katy and I woke up around 9:30 and were off to Disneyland by 10:15. We got there pretty quickly, and because I read our tickets wrong, I created some unnecessary drama. They expired December 15th… 2011. I didn’t read the 2011 part. But I eventually did, so all was well. Crisis averted. We went through California Adventure first, and were out of there around 1:30. We ate lunch at the Rainforest CafĂ© in Downtown and then headed over to Disneyland. We decided to buy some annual passes, since this was already the third time we’d gone, even though each time had been for free, but we figured they were worth it. We made our way through the park, rode a few rides an extra time, and got some dessert before leaving at 8. We would’ve stayed longer, but since it’s an awkward season, it closed at 8. Katy left some things at my house, so on the way back to school, we made a pit stop back home to pick them up. We got back to school around 9:30, chillaxed/cleaned our room, and then were in bed by 1.

Thursday 3/4: Katy was supposed to work, but she got a message while she was at Disneyland saying that she didn’t have to. It would’ve been nice to stay home an extra day, but I didn’t really mind being at school. We originally planned on doing homework all day, but that didn’t happen. We slept in until almost 2 and didn’t do anything until 6:15, when we ventured out to Coogie’s and Ralphs. We decided that since we’re on Spring Break and we’ve been stressing over school as of late, it was okay to not do homework. I watched an episode of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Katy caught up on The Office, and then we both watched the new episode of The Office at 9. I’d say we’re like 90% back to normal. Katy wanted some fruit, but didn’t want to go get some, so I offered. She declined, but then I remembered I was running low on lotion, so she came with me when I went to go get some. We got back around 11, sat around for a while, and then called it a night.

Friday 3/5: I had an early start to the day, but it was okay. I woke up earlier than I had to because I heard Katy get up. I realized she was sick again, so I, trying to be a hero, got dressed and rushed out the door to go get her some Gatorade, only I didn’t have my car keys OR my room key. Katy let me back in a few minutes later and then I rushed over to Ralphs. I got back around 7:30, rushed to get ready, and then was down at the stupid Pepp Band bus right on time at 8. We made a lunch stop at 11:30 and made it to the hotel around 2:15. One of my roommates, Hannah, drove up the night before with her friend, so she didn’t show up until our call time at 5. The men’s game at 6 against LMU was really exciting and close, but we ended up losing by 3. Good. After the game, Hannah went out with her friend, and my other roommate, Kelsey, and I went to dinner and watched Alice in Wonderland with some other lame band people. We got back to the room around 12:30, but my freshie friend, Cameron wanted me to come over, so after Kelsey was all set for bed, I went over to his room. Hannah was there, so I didn’t feel so bad. We had a little hotel party and got back around 3.

Saturday 3/6: We all got to sleep in a little bit, showered, and then went down to lunch before the game at 2. Our women beat LMU by about 15, so I was bummed out that we had to stay an extra day. Oh well. We came back to the room to chillax for a bit and then we went to TGI Fridays for dinner. After dinner we did more chillaxing and then Hannah left around 10:30. Kelsey knocked out around 11 and then I went and hung out with Cameron at 1:30. We went bowling. I had 1 point after the first frame, but ended up almost winning. If we played another game, I would’ve won. We went back to Cameron’s room and had another little hotel party. I came back around 3 and was out cold soon after.

Sunday 3/7: We slept in longer than we planned, so we didn’t have time for lunch. We did, however, have time to order room service. We were expecting to lose the game, but it was close the entire time and we ended up beating St. Mary’s by a comfy gap. I was happy for the team, but sad that I wouldn’t be going home. I went down to use my computer for a bit after the game and then came back up to the room and watched the Oscars with Kelsey and Hannah and then went down to get dinner. We were stuffed. We got back maybe around 10, and then Cason, our next-door neighbor, came in to let us know that we’d be expected down at the lobby at 8 to give out shoes to kids who need shoes. Nice, but why at 8? Because I didn’t want to wake up earlier than I had to, I ditched any inkling I had about going out tonight and showered instead. We were all in bed by midnight.

Monday 3/8: We had an early start, and I’m not quite sure it was worth it. The Zappos.com shoe thing was poorly organized, so we were standing around in the cold for over an hour before kids started showing up. We ushered kids over to groups of cheerleaders, who kept them entertained, and then left around 10 to go check out of our rooms. The game was ridiculous. 95% of the crowd was Gonzaga fanatics. We were down by 8 at the half, but ended up losing by 28. We came in 2nd overall and I’m super proud of the team. We left around 2:30 and were back by 8:30. I was sad that Katy wasn’t around when I got back, but I was extremely glad to be at school. I unpacked and tried to unstress before songfest. I’m starting to feel the same way about songfest as I do band. I made the commitment, so I’m doing it, but my heart isn’t in it. It’s quite unfortunate. I got back a little after midnight and needed to shower, but I waited until Katy got back so I could give her a hug and talk to her for a little bit. She came back a little after 12:30. We stayed up til around 3:30 doing homework. Oh, school.

Tuesday 3/9: I didn’t finish all I needed to do the night before, so I woke up early to get it done. I finished, got ready, and then headed down to the IP office to pick up my Visa packet that is going to be the death of me. On the plus side, a CD that I preordered in January showed up all the way from London, just 2 days after it’s release. Fun. I called my dad to talk about London, and I’m not sure if it’s going to happen or not. We can’t afford it. And it’d be selfish of me to go. I can’t expect my dad to pay for London, help out with rent, and help out with my tuition. If I were to go to London, living off campus and even going to Pepperdine in the fall could be in jeopardy. Choosing to come to Pepperdine was selfish. I cried and stressed about it for a while, but I pulled it together. Katy and I went and visited a townhouse in Alex Nicandros’ neighborhood, which Katy wrote about, although not all of it’s true. It was just a play to get some reaction from Laura. Katy stayed at Alex’s to choreograph and I came back just in time to go to graphics. Then I went to religion. I’m not doing as well in my classes as I need to be doing. IMC isn’t going to happen. I’m going to declare advertising. Maybe if I can pull it together this second half of the semester, I’ll declare IMC. Songfest went surprisingly well and I actually had fun. It made my day for sure. After Katy and I got back, the freshies were still awake, so they came and hung out with us for a little bit. And that was pretty much it.

No comments: