Friday, August 13, 2010

May 19-25

Wednesday 5/19: Traffic wasn’t too bad getting to work and I was on register for the first two hours or so. I didn’t really like it, but whatever. Johnny was helping me out and so was Sandy, one of the managers. She’s nerdy and I can’t decide if I like her yet. This guy Robert, who’s “filthy” when he makes drinks, he’s apparently the best barista, was working on bar the whole time and told me that I was going to be “dirty” in no time. After Sandy left, Johnny and Robert were being silly and showing off. They’re my favorites. I got out a little late, but that was fine, and I got home at a decent time, so that was nice. I was crashing from all the caffeine I drank earlier, so I didn’t really do anything until my mom came home at 6:30. And even then I didn’t do anything until 8 when I made dinner. However, I did email my dad about my financial aid reduction. I asked financial aid if they’d give me more money to help with summer housing and they ended up taking some aid away. It was still set for 8 units in London, not 6 units in Malibu. I wasn’t going to tell my dad, but I checked and I owe $1,750. No way I can pay that myself on top of paying for bills and stuff. He said to get a loan to cover that and to help cover the condo until I get my refund check in the fall since the school isn’t giving me anymore money this summer. He said he won’t be my cosigner and my mom’s credit is shitty, so things are looking really great for me. I’ll figure something out. I’ll sell blood plasma twice a week or something.

Thursday 5/20: I worked from 8 until a little after noon, so that meant waking up before the sun. Gross. I only made a few drinks and was on register the majority of the time. Lame. Johnny wasn’t there and neither was Robert, but Heather Bradshaw filled their void. She’s hilarious. Too bad she’s leaving next week for an internship in New Joisey. I swung by school to pick up my mail before heading home, which didn’t take very long at all. A smidge over an hour. I chillaxed for a few hours and then got ready to pick up my friend Kimi at Whittier College and my friend Nely at her house which is over by my dad’s. CalHi’s last concert was at 7:30, so we went to that. It was nice seeing people, but it’s getting to that point where I only know about 15% of the geeks in band. It’s weird. And all the boys are super tall now and are starting to look like young men. It’s cute. My freshman, Mikey, was really happy to see me and gave me a HUGE hug. The night was filled with hugs and I loved it. I was in need of some serious friend hugs. After the concert Kimi, Nely, and I went to get some food and were being extremely silly. I loved that too. I hadn’t seen or spoken to them since homecoming, but it was totally fine. No awkwardness, just silliness.

Friday 5/21: It was nice to sleep in since I didn’t have to go to work. I didn’t really do much until 1:30. I went over to my dad’s to get the rest of my stuff that I had left over there from school and ended up staying longer than I had wanted to. As usual, my dad had some kind of rant to go on. He was giving me a hard time about my grades and telling me that I need to get them up in order to get into IMC, be able to qualify for more aid, graduate early, and get into the 5 year MBA program at school. My grades aren’t terrible, I am an advertising major and I don’t want to switch to IMC, I would like to qualify for more aid, I don’t want to graduate early, and I don’t think I want to go to grad school at Pepperdine. I watched the last few minutes of Monsters Inc with my sister and then spent the rest of the afternoon chillaxing at my grandparents’ house. After I got home, I realized I didn’t want to be home, but I didn’t know what other options I had. I ended up going for a run and making dinner. After dinner my mom and I watched some weird movie with Ellen Page in it on IFC. I had heard of it before, Hard Candy, but didn’t really know what it was about. It was weird. I don’t know why we watched the whole thing.

Saturday 5/22: Getting to sleep in was really nice. I didn’t really do much at home and when it got too boring to handle, I went to my grandparents’ house. They were getting ready to go out to eat when I got there, so I got to come with. I wasn’t particularly hungry, but of course I ate. I left at 6 when things got too boring to handle over there and I continued to be bored when I got home. After watching hours of Silent Library, I felt creative and finally started working on that vinyl toy I got at the art store. Turning that into a polar bear kept me busy for a while, but I went back to watching TV as soon as I was done being crafty. I was tired of Silent Library, so I watched the Food Network, SNL, and then called it a night.

Sunday 5/23: I slept in until almost noon, but I didn’t get out of bed until 1. It was lovely. I didn’t really do much after getting out of bed besides sit around. That was kind of lovely too. I headed over to my grandparents’ house for dinner and to watch basketball. When I got home, a little after 8, I went back to working on my polar bear. I finished around 11, watched TV with my mom for a while, and then called it quits around 1. Real eventful day.

Monday 5/24: The day felt more like a Sunday than a Monday, but that was totally okay. I slept in, watched some TV, finished the polar bear (which has yet to be named), watched more TV, finally ate around 9, and then watched even more TV. It was really boring, but I have no friends, so it’s not like I could spend time with people. All the people I would want to spend time with, with the exception of Rebecca, don’t come home until I’m already in summer school. Rebecca’s home but is phoneless, not that that makes a difference anyway. My calls and texts would go unanswered even if she did have a phone. Oh, that girl. We’ve changed so much.

Tuesday 5/25: Sleeping in was great, once again. I spent the first part of my day buying books for summer school and looking some stuff up online. When I got too bored, around 3, I headed to my grandparents’ house. Watching my dog and cat sleep all day isn’t very entertaining. I had forgotten that kids are still in school and 3 is prime traffic time. And since I live like 3 blocks from 2 schools, it took me forever to get out of my neighborhood. I finally made it to my grandparents’ house, ate, and watched Food Network with my grandma. She always adds her own commentary and it’s so funny. I stayed to watch the Lakers lose and then went home to watch Glee and Parenthood with my mom.

No comments: