Thursday, August 12, 2010

January 6-12

Wednesday 1/6: I woke up at 10:30, as planned, but Katy went back to sleep, so we didn’t actually get up until after noon. Whoops. We spent the afternoon watching TV, and before long, it was time for me to leave. I really enjoyed spending time with Katy this past week. It was nice to finally meet the friends that she speaks about and I love spending time with her family. I didn’t get that growing up, so spending just a few days with a family that isn’t mine is totally amazing and mind blowing. My flight was okay, except for the fact that I needed to pee like a racehorse about halfway through. Right before boarding I got a 20 chai tea latte. Bad idea. The people next to me were old, so I didn’t want to ask them to move. When we finally landed, I sprinted over to the bathroom and my life was so much better. My mom picked me up a little after ten, and it was 73 out. I was sweating bullets after being in 45-degree weather for a week.

Thursday 1/7: I got a haircut and then perused the mall for a little bit. I spent the evening at my grandparents’ and watched Jersey Shore with my grandma. I hadn’t watched it until I went to Katy’s, and now I’m all caught up. Trashy television at its best. I didn’t go home til around 11, but that’s okay. I like spending time with my grandma.

Friday 1/8: I had way too much to pack. It was stupid how much stuff I brought home from school when in reality I was only home for about 9 days. I made it work though. I picked Katy up around 3 and we made it back to school around 4. We met our new bathroommates, who are both freshman, and they seem okay so far. We didn’t spend a whole lot of time talking to them. Kasey is this tall, skinny, blonde, who looks like she could be an A-Suiter, but doesn’t have a fake front, as far as I can tell. Karen is this Asian girl who seems like she’ll do whatever Kasey tells her to. We’ll see what happens. Katy and I went down to the caf for dinner, chillaxed back at our room, and then she left for dance. Dance team hadn’t practiced for a month, so she was a little scared going in. She was pissed when she got back a little before midnight. I felt bad, but I really didn’t know what to do or say. Apparently nobody was listening to her and she felt like she was “still a ‘noob’ even though she’s paid her dues.”

Saturday 1/9: Katy got an e-mail on Wednesday about one of the Dance in Flight theatrical pieces. I guess someone dropped and they were going to hold auditions to fill the spot. So Katy woke up early and auditioned at 10. She got in. Of course she got in. She’s Katy. I chatted with the freshies who were super excited about the games and then I went to work at 12. I was surprised to see that a good number of band members actually showed up. I was a little upset that I didn’t get to work and make more money, but whatev. The first game, the women’s game, was the most full I’ve ever seen it, which was great. They ended up winning. I hung out with Katy for a little bit after the first game and before the men’s game. The first few minutes were completely embarrassing. We were getting our asses handed to us in front of a packed house. I don’t know what happened, but we came back strong in the second half and ended up winning. The Fieldhouse was so pumped and loud and full, it was amazing! And Dance Team did a great job too with 2 timeouts and halftime. There was this gourmet grilled cheese truck and a coffee truck after the game, and I was planning on skipping it, but Katy found me on my way to my car and asked if I’d get food with her. So I did. We ended up in the back of the line, but that’s okay. The grilled cheese was delicious. And free. As was the coffee. Katy got one with mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil, and I got one with Gruyere, butternut squash, balsamic vinegar, and I don’t remember what else, but it was great. We spent the rest of the evening sitting around our room and then called it a night.

Sunday 1/10: Katy and I didn’t get up until 12:30. Whoops. She left for dance around 1:15 and I ate the rest of the tamales my grandma packed me from home. Katy got back around 2:45, pretty much just sat down, and then went back to dance. She isn’t enjoying DIF or Dance Team as much as she did last year. It’s kind of sad to watch, but I kind of understand because I think it’s a similar situation with Pepp band. Laura called while Katy was out. She had a tech question for me and filled me in a smidge on what was happening in DC. It’s not as cold as she thought it would be and she likes her roommate. That’s pretty much all I got. Katy got back a little before 5 and chillaxed until we left to get dinner around 7. Poor girl’s been dancing non-stop since we got back. We were both ready for bed when we got back, but it was too early to fall asleep, so we tried to fill the time with random computer activities/ eavesdropping on all of the noobs packed in the room next-door. Scott stopped by for a sec to chat and pick up his Christmas present. Katy doesn’t like him. I like him, but I don’t like like him. Maybe had I not let him sleep over I’d still like him. Maybe not. Katy said that she doesn’t mind chatting with him, but she doesn’t like the fact that he flirts with everyone. I hadn’t really thought of him that way, but maybe I should.

Monday 1/11: Kasey had class at 8, Karen had class at 9, and I had class at 10. Kasey got back as I was leaving for my breakfast burrito and was flustered since she forgot her phone in her class. Scott didn’t have class until 2 today, but he was up at the law school getting breakfast with some girl. I didn’t want to interrupt his flirting, so I sat by myself outside. My marketing class went well. I think it’s going to be a lot of work, but I’m excited about it. I got out around 11:30, Katy had class at noon, and I sat around the CCB until my class at 2. Stats. It doesn’t sound too appealing, but the professor seems cool, so hopefully it’ll be okay. We got out an hour early, so instead of 2 hours of downtime, I had 3. I surfed pretty much the whole time, searching the web for something to wear on my birthday. I always like to have something new to wear on my birthday. My advertising media class was cool, but I started getting sleepy towards the middle. We got out an hour early, at 9, and by the time I got back, Katy had already left for dance. She came back maybe around 11:30, we stayed up for about 2 more hours, and then called it a night.

Tuesday 1/12: Katy woke up at 11 for her class at noon, and I just sat around until my class at 4. Actually, I left at 3 to pick up my last textbook and grab something to eat before my class at 4. Computer graphics. It’s with my favorite professor, Dr. Rosenkrans, so I know it’ll be a wonderful class. I’m really looking forward to it. Instead of getting out at 6, we got out a little before 5, so I was able to meet up with Katy and grab dinner before our religion class at 6. And guess who I spotted at dinner. Scott. With yet another girl. Katy mentioned something about it again, and she’s totally right. I ate up everything he said and believed it. I don’t think it was sincere. He’s probably trying to see which girl’s pants are the easiest to get into. Anyway, our religion professor seems cool and the class is structured in a totally doable way, so I think it’ll go well. We got out around 8:45, got ice cream, and headed back up to our room. Katy was a good kid and read, but I surfed around and listened to music.

No comments: