Friday, August 13, 2010

August 4-10

Wednesday 8/4: The little one actually let me sleep in for a while, so that was nice of her. She kept talking to me until I physically got out of bed though. I spent a good chunk of time chatting with Yeltsin via facebook, which was unexpected, but kind of nice. Unfortunately he just broke up with his girlfriend, so that part wasn’t so nice. Then I finally ventured out to IKEA to exchange that coffee table. And I had lunch there. It was kind of weird, eating lunch by myself at IKEA, but it was cheap and surprisingly tasty. And I had this almond cake thing, which was DELICIOUS. I almost went back for another piece, or 2, but then I would’ve felt weirder. It was probably in the low 70s in Malibu, which has been the norm all summer unfortunately, meaning absolutely no tan, but as soon as I got on the freeway it was 20 degrees hotter. I was burning in my car. I think I’m going to give all driving responsibilities to you and Katy when Malibu decides to be warm. I got back around 6, went in to Starbucks to chat until 7, and then went and got some groceries. I built stuff and filed stuff when I got home and then figured I might as well just go to bed. I stayed up for a while texting Tim though. He’d been in Wisconsin for a few days and had been texting me quite frequently. This particular time was about this girl he was benefriends with, but ended up having feelings for. He needed someone to vent to. I just so happened to be that person.

Thursday 8/5: I got to sleep in again and spent pretty much the whole day listening to music, playing with the silly kitty, and surfing around online. Real productive. When I got too bored, I ventured to the gym. I miss having it within walking distance, but at least it gets me out of the house. I made dinner, did laundry, and watched Short Circuit on Hulu for the rest of the night. That is, until Daniel called. It was already kind of late, so I tried keeping the convo as short as possible, but it was still kind of long. He was talking about his break up with his gross Chihuahua momma and about how much he misses “being with me”. I didn’t really understand what he meant by that, and I didn’t really want to ask. I miss spending time and hanging out with him, and I miss the idea of us as an us, but that part wouldn’t work. Not anymore. I would very much like the adventuring to continue, but that probably should be chaperoned for a while. I don’t really trust us as “friends that used to date but aren’t anymore” yet.

Friday 8/6: I slept in, lounged around for a while, went to the gym before work, and then closed with Joe and Sandy. Joe’s fun to work with. I like him. We got out early, I deposited my biggest paycheck ever, which felt wonderful, and was home by 10:30. Claudia asked me to meet her after work at a kickback, but I was feeling kind of crappy, so I opted not to go. Yeltsin went though. I thought about going out after I got home, but figured it probably wouldn’t be smart. It probably wasn’t smart for Claudia to be out since she had to open the next morning. Oh, and I tried putting Scout’s pretty pink collar on again a few days ago, but it was still too big. But now it fits. She’s growing up so fast, but she’s still so little. And I realized that I haven’t been home in 2 months. That’s the longest I’ve never been home. I mean, I went until I think mid October last year, so 2.5 months, but I had gone out that way to see Daniel a few times, so it doesn’t really count. I’ve thought about going home a few times on my days off, but ultimately didn’t really see the point. I’ll go home eventually, I’m sure. Maybe I’ll go home for my mom’s birthday. I’m sure she’d appreciate it.

Saturday 8/7: I didn’t fall asleep until after 4, so that sucked. I had work at 9, which was busy, but fun, and I stayed an extra hour and a half to cover the rest of Johnny’s shift. He tweaked his back and was hating life, so he left at 3, when I was supposed to be off. I took a quick shower and then met up with Sandy, Dallas, and Yeltsin at Claudia’s apartment since we were going out for her birthday. We pregamed a little and then set off for Santa Monica. Sandy drove herself, Claudia drove her sister and Ainsley Oakes Ellington, her roommate, and I drove with Dallas and Yeltsin. If Abercrombie & Fitch had a car, it would be Dallas’s. It smelled like Abercrombie & Fitch, the music was loud and was the type that would be played there, and Dallas is tan, pretty, and ripped like one of the models. We ended up at Barney’s Beanery and met up with Matt Gibson, Johnny, and Johnny’s roommate, Bobby. It took forever to get seated, so when Claudia and I got bored, we went and took shots in the bathroom. It was silly. We finally got seated, ate our yummy food, and left a little before 11. Sandy left early to go get someone from the airport and I drove back with Dallas since my car was at Starbucks and he was going out with some other people. Everyone else ended up at Matt’s house. I would’ve liked to have gone, but I was already super tired from not getting a whole lot of sleep and working a long shift. Oh, and I took Jeremy Piven’s order. One grande skinny vanilla latte.

Sunday 8/8: Sleeping in was glorious. The sun was actually out before 3, so I contemplated going to the beach, but then I remembered it was the weekend. It was going to be packed. Then I thought about laying out on the balcony, except there was a nice shady spot in the shape of a tree branch, so that wouldn’t work. I lounged around instead. And according to Claudia, Ainsley really likes me and wants to hang out more. That’s fine with me. I like new friends. Work was really fun. I got in at 3:30, worked with Joe, Claudia, and Dallas, and closed with Claudia and Dallas. I like them a lot. Way more than Johnny. And Yeltsin came in to chat for a bit, so that was fun too. I stopped by Ralphs real quick to get some kitty cat crunchies and then was home by 11.

Monday 8/9: I woke up to the sound of running water, so that freaked me out a bit. Turns out there was a major pipe in the Villas that was leaking, so everyone’s water was shut off for a few hours. That kind of ruined my plan of getting ready and going out, but it turned out okay. I was supposed to go to the beach with Claudia after she got off of work at 12, but the beautiful weather that was around the day before didn’t stay. She opted for sleep and I tackled domesticity. I finally got around to hemming the curtains in my room, I swept, Swiffer dry clothed, Swiffer wet clothed, AND mopped the floors, I cleaned my bathroom, finally unpacked the rest of my things, and made myself dinner. I suppose it was a productive day.

Tuesday 8/10: I woke up before the sun, but I didn’t mind the opening shift at all. I opened with Dallas and Claudia, and it was just us until Johnny and Amariah came in at 10, so the morning was fun and it flew by. And it was Claudia’s first time being in charge, so that was fun to watch. Claudia and Dallas left at noon, and I stayed until 1:30. It was perfect beach weather, but I felt gross, so I chose to come home and shower instead. And then Scout got a flea bath. She was NOT happy about it, and it was definitely a two-person job. I toweled her off and blow dried her, but she was still cold, so she was extra cuddly so I could keep her warm. We ended up napping for 2 hours. I didn’t really do much of anything for the rest of the evening, but that’s okay.

No comments: