Friday, August 13, 2010

May 26- June 1

Wednesday 5/26: The commute to and from work is terrible, but I like my job, so it might be worth it. I worked with Johnny and Robert, who are wonderful, Emery, who I can’t get a read on yet, and Amariah, the store manager. She calls me “mamacita”. She calls all the other girls “mama,” so maybe she’s racist. I don’t know. I didn’t do much when I got home besides eat for the first time, I was starving, and watch American Idol with my mom. I’d only seen bits and pieces of the season, so I wasn’t excited about the finale or anything. And I wasn’t too crazy about the two finalists. Whatev. I surfed around online for a while and then called it a night.

Thursday 5/27: Work came in the form of a 5 hour class in Culver City. It was closer than Malibu coming from home, but I still had traffic to deal with. The class went by really quickly, but getting home sucked. It was prime traffic time. There’s a commercial for the new Hyundai Sonata where everyone gets out of their cars and gets into one they’d rather have except the guy in the Sonata. He stays put. Anyway, I like to play that game in my head when I’m stuck in traffic. I ate for the first time when I finally got home close to 7, half watched TV while I was on my laptop, and thought of names for our kitty. I remembered I had to wake up early the next morning, so I was in bed by midnight. Oh, and Katy finally addressed that last fb message I sent her. The one that I wanted acknowledged. Her explanation made sense, so it’s okay that it was a month late.

Friday 5/28 The excitement from thinking about our kitty led to excitement about our house, so that meant I was up past 4. I was up by 7, and out by 8. I would’ve left a little later, but I had to get gas on my way to work. I worked my normal four hours, 10-2, with Emory and Yeltsin (who were neutral until I was convinced otherwise), Dallas (who is the assistant manager, in Sig Ep, gay?, and fun to be stupid with), and Amariah (the racist). I was given my barista diploma after my lunch and finished my day with Dallas and Daisy (I think I’m probably going to be working with her from now on, and I think that’s going to work well). I got paid, so I walked over to Wells Fargo and took care of opening up accounts and everything and talked to them about getting a loan. I need a co-signer, but I don’t want to ask my dad for any more help. If he volunteers, that’s totally fine. Since we weren’t getting two kitties, my mom went ahead and got hers and ours while I was at work. I spent the evening playing with them and trying not to make my dog and cat too jealous. At least now I won’t be by myself in our house the whole summer.

Saturday 5/29: The kitties slept in their little basket/bed on my bed and they decided to wake me up around 7. It was cute, so I didn’t mind. I spent most of the morning watching them play and be cute. I was supposed to go to brunch with my friends Breanna and Tania at 11, so I got to the restaurant at about 10 til, but Tania didn’t show up until 11:15 and Breanna didn’t show up until 11:30. I think it’s safe to say that most, if not all, of my friends from home are never on time. Brunch was filled with silly conversations and delicious food and I rushed back home to be with the kitties. I took them to the vet just to make sure everything checked out, and they’re purrrfectly fine. I left for work around 4:30 for my shift at 6 and worked with Yeltsin and Emory. It was slow, so we got to talk a little bit, and they’re no longer neutral. Emory reminds me of the walking stick from A Bug’s Life, in a good way, and Yeltsin’s awkward but he’s nice. Lots of Pepperdine people came in and this one cute guy came in too. He just came in for water, but there weren’t people waiting for drinks or anything, so we got to talk for a little bit. I have a feeling he works at Becker, so maybe he’ll be around. Closing wasn’t too bad and I got home around 11:45 and spent some time with the kitties.

Sunday 5/30: The kitties woke me up early again, but that’s okay. They’re so small so when I see my other cat, Rico, it weirds me out. Rico’s a little on the big side, but I have a feeling the boy kitty might end up being bigger than him. My mom said his dad is huge. I spent the majority of my time watching the kitties and I left for work at 2:15. Traffic was bad on the freeway and I didn’t get to PCH until 3:30, so I called in to work to let them know I wasn’t going to make it by 4. I called so many times, and nobody answered. Finally I got a call from the shift leader, Sandy. I finally clocked in at 4:45. Johnny and Robert left at 5, leaving Yeltsin, me, and Sandy. It was busier than the previous night, but we still had a lot of down time, so that meant I got to talk to Yeltsin a bit more. Sandy tries too hard to be liked. I’m not a fan. She took forever to do her extra stuff, so we got out 20 minutes late. I was 45 minutes late, so I really didn’t mind. Making up some time. I got home at midnight, tried to make peace with Rico since I guess he had been angry since my mom got home, and then went to bed.

Monday 5/31: The kitties woke me up at 4:45, but we were asleep again at 5 and stayed asleep until 8. I would’ve liked to sleep longer, but that’s okay. And I was hoping that my mom would be able to take over kitty watching duties, but she and Lisa left to San Francisco at 9 to pick up some of Lisa’s stuff from her old apartment. I hung out with the kitties until 1, got ready for work, and left at 2 for my shift at 5 since I figured traffic would be bad since it was Memorial Day. It wasn’t the best, but it definitely didn’t take me 3 hours to get to Malibu. I said hi to our house and grabbed some food before going to work. It was crazy busy until a little after 8, and then it slowed down a lot. I worked with Sandy again, who I’ve decided I don’t really like, and Daisy, who is super fun to work with. Closing went faster than I was expecting it to, so I was home and settled by midnight. Rico was mad at me about the kitties, but Diva doesn’t really care. I hope he forgives me.

Tuesday 6/1: The kitties woke me up again at 5, and it kind of sucked. Rico escaped since he was mad about them, but he came back when it was time for food. Then Diva escaped because she get’s all anxious all the time, but she stayed in the front yard, so I was able to get her. Rico was mad at me the rest of the day, but Diva was nice. And she’s nice to the kitties, so that’s good too. I wanted to get the keys to our house, but that didn’t work out, so I stayed home until it was time for work at 6. It was just a meeting, but it took almost 3 hours. And I found out that Robert isn’t working anymore. I don’t know if he quit or got fired, but I just know he’s gone. I got home around 9:45, tried to make peace with Rico, spent some time with Diva, and then spent the rest of the evening looking at stuff online for our house and watching the kitties. They are too cute.

No comments: