Wednesday 1/13: Katy and I were up pretty late. She was watching American Idol on her laptop and I just couldn’t fall asleep. When she was done, we were chatting like we normally do. For a while now, we kind of have this joke that she doesn’t trust me. It was funny at first, but not so much anymore. I said something along the lines of “it’s not like you trust me anyway,” and she responded with, “You’re right. I don’t.” But the way she said it sounded so real. That was the end of our chatting. The morning wasn’t much better. I thought it felt kind of weird, but I don’t know if she did. Everything was back to normal after convo. Katy was going to take a social work class, but she decided to take it easy this semester, so she doesn’t have any class on Wednesdays, like me. We spent the afternoon out and about. We went to grab some lunch at Johnny Rockets, saw Leap Year, got some things at Target and Staples, and then stopped by the pharmacy and the post office on the way back home. We were good kids and did some homework, but then we took a nap and went to dinner. Katy went to dance at 10 after a Towers sundae event, I finished up my homework, and then she got back a tad before midnight and did some more of her homework. Oh, and Katy and I have come to the conclusion that Karen is a sophomore, and not a freshman as we previously thought. But she will still be referenced as a freshie since she is fresh to the pdine scene.
Thursday 1/14: I didn’t want to risk having another bleh burrito, so I just grabbed a Danish before marketing. We have this assignment later in the semester where we have to interview an executive from a field we’re interested in. My professor said that many interviews lead to internships, so I got excited and e-mailed about ten different record labels before Stats. Stats was boring and graphics was kind of pointless, but fun. There was a pep rally at 6:30 in the caf, so when I got done with class, I dropped my books off and headed down there. Katy said she’d meet me. The lines were long, I couldn’t wait any more since I had to play with the stupid band, and so I bailed. I thought Katy needed to be there too, or else I wouldn’t have made dinner plans. So I felt bad. The rally was dumb, but there was a huge crowd at the game and we won by one with a nail biting finish. Awesome. When we got back, I already had an e-mail from someone at Epitaph records about an interview. Win. Katy and I watched an episode of Jersey Shore, at 1, and called it a night.
Friday 1/15: I wasn’t too fond of waking up for convo, but I did. Katy even woke up before I did. Weird. We went down to celebration chapel with the freshies and grabbed brunch/lunch with them. It was cute. They’re so new. Last Thursday Rebecca, Pepino pal, had mentioned how she and her sister had wanted to come up before they started school next Monday. I said it’d be nice, but I didn’t actually expect them to come. Rebecca has lost a good amount of trust from me and I wouldn’t exactly say she’s the most dependable person out there. After Katy finished class, we pretty much just sat around until Rebecca and her sister showed up, to my surprise. The four of us sat around for a while trying to figure out what to do, so we settled on dinner and a movie. We went to BJs and had a grand ol’ time, but then they decided to tell me they needed to start heading back by 8:30. It was 8. No movie. It was still nice to see them though. It’ll probably be July the next time I see Rebecca. Katy sat around and watched TV on her laptop and I sat around and thought. It’s what I do when I don’t have anything else to keep me occupied. I went and laid down next to Katy around 10ish, because I was cold and didn’t have anything else to do, and come 1 o’clock, we started talking about stuff. Deep stuff. I don’t even know how it started and I was extremely uncomfortable, but it felt great to talk at the same time. I think I want it to happen more often, so I told her that. She sounded pretty surprised, since that’s rather uncharacteristic of me, but said that she didn’t have a problem with that.
Saturday 1/16: I had work at 8:45, so that sucked since I didn’t go to bed until after 2. One other guy and I were working the swim meet, but set up took like 2 seconds, so we didn’t have much else to do. We figured since we were there, we should set up for that night’s basketball game. It was tough with just two people, but we did it. The meet was over sooner than expected, take down was quick, and we were done by 12:30. I came back, ate, and slept. Katy got back from dance around 4:30 and is starting to sound more excited about Dance in Flight. I’m glad it’s starting to sound that way. It sucks putting in so much effort in something that you don’t enjoy… like Pepp band. I was supposed to go back to work at 4 to set up for the basketball game, but since that was already done, I didn’t have to go back until 5:30 to meet up with the stupid band. I contemplated not going, but they were giving away free socks, so I had to. The game was really good, with both teams dunking up a storm. We ended up winning, thankfully. I spent the rest of the night surfing the web and watching SNL, and Katy chillaxed while watching TV on her laptop.
Sunday 1/17: I did all sorts of nothing today. Katy, on the other hand, spent hours dancing her little heart out. After those hours of dancing, she was a good kid and did homework, while I, being lazy, watched stuff on Hulu and surfed the web. She continued being a good kid after dinner while I continued being lazy. The freshies called us into their room to show us some paintings they did, we got to talking, and then we ended up back in our room, on my bed, and watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I had never seen it before, but they all said it was good, Katy going as far as saying it was in her top ten, but I just thought it was okay. Top fifty maybe. After finishing up an episode of My So Called Life on Hulu, I left in search of food around midnight. As I pulled out of campus, I decided against food and just went for a drive. I thought about everything from how I want this semester to go, whether I should do Songfest or not, how uncomfortable I was talking to Katy the other day, how feeling uncomfortable was probably a good thing, to the justification of my decision to just be friends with Daniel. I got back to campus around 1:30 and went to bed soon after.
Monday 1/18: Katy had dance from 10:30 to 10 with random breaks in between, but I didn’t see her until she got back around 10:30. I woke up a little after noon, got ready for the day, and went to Ralphs to stock up on rainy day food (since it was pouring), and then spent the rest of the day reading. I finished just in time to watch The Secret Life of the American Teenager, and the freshies came in to talk right when it finished. They told me about their weekends and talked to me about some friend zone drama between Kasey and one of her guy friends who put the moves on her at dinner. I told her my whole Daniel thing, but the spark noted cliff note version, and tried to compare her ish to that. She and Karen are so cute. I love it. Karen and Kasey came back later and filled Katy in and we chatted about other stuff. And we found out that they have nicknames for us. D-Dog and Kit-Kat. We approve.
Tuesday 1/19: I couldn’t fall asleep until close to six, and it sucked. I still got about five hours though, so I guess it’s alright. The rest of the day went on uneventfully. Katy went to class, I watched Hulu, I went to class, and then we both went to religion. We got dinner after class and Katy told me that Chris just informed her that there is a strong possibility that he’ll be interning in New York this summer. Katy is a little freaked about it. She spent the evening looking up internships in NY and Seattle. It’s cute that she doesn’t want to be away from him for two months, but at the same time, it’s just two months. I don’t think she needs to pack up and follow him, but she can do whatever she wants. When she realized she was getting to paranoid about it, she turned her computer off and continued to tell me about her plans to go to the career center sometime this week. Chill girl, chill.
No comments:
Post a Comment