Thursday, August 12, 2010

December 30- January 5

Wednesday 12/30: My dad wanted to leave at 6:30. Didn’t happen. We left closer to 7:15, but we made great time to the airport. Security wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, so that worked out. My flight was great, but the people next to me were eating this weird Asian-y food that smelled bad and they were chewing really loud, so that sucked. Katy picked me up and we went to Panera for lunch since neither of us has eaten yet. We spent the rest of the afternoon and early evening with her family and opened Christmas presents after dinner. We met up Katy’s best friend, Natasha, and at the movies to serve as wingmen because she was meeting up with her ex, Garret. The plan was to see Sherlock Holmes, but it was sold out. We went to get dessert and came back to see the Princess and the Frog. It was even better the second time around. That concluded the evening.

Thursday 12/31: We spent the morning lounging around and started getting ready for the night’s festivities around 4. The original plan was to meet at Isabela’s at 5:30, head out to Seattle, and then go back Isabela’s for the ball drop and to sleep over. It was raining, so after meeting at Isabela’s, we, Me, Katy, Chris, Isabela, Bradley, Max, Steven, and Natasha, debated over whether or not to go out. Out won. We went to Bellevue, where we were the previous night, and played with little kids in a play place in the mall. It was fun. We came back, played Taboo and talked about other things, though it was more like me listening and them talking, and then we wrote wishes on balloons and released them at midnight.

Friday 1/1: Natasha left maybe around 2:30 and Bradley and Steven were debating waaay into the morning. Isabela, Katy, Chris, and I went to bed close to 5, Steven left at 6, and Bradley and Max, who are brothers, went to bed soon after. We woke up at noon, though I really woke up at 10, and had breakfast. Bradley, who I was not a fan of, and Max left around 2, and Katy drilled me about what I thought about everyone. The night was fun, but they are way different than my friends back home. We left close to 4 and were couch potatoes the rest of the day. We didn’t even change out of our PJs.

Saturday 1/2: Katy and I spent the morning/afternoon, since we didn’t wake up til almost noon, watching TV. We started getting ready for snow at 3. We picked up Natasha, who I am a fan of, and were off. The tubing place was sold out and the sledding place was closed, so we picked a spot and the side of the road and went for it. We did sledding, made a snowman, had a snowball fight, and made snow angels. Success. After we got back, around 7:30, Katy and I got ready and went over to her friend Sarah’s house, who is Steven’s sister. A lot of people were there. Alex, Kathleen, Mina, Sarah, Steven, Natasha, Sam, Garret, Jordan, Leah, and Taylor. And four other people that I didn’t meet. That dynamic was more what I’m used to. It was all random conversations and lots of laughing. We didn’t get back until maybe 1:30. It was great.

Sunday 1/3: Katy and I had another late start to the day. I like sleep, so I’m not complaining. We didn’t know what we were going to do for the day, so we ended up taking her parental units’ suggestion and headed to the Pacific Science Center. I’m all about geeky science stuff, so it sounded like a good idea to me. It wasn’t as cool as the Los Angeles one, but I’m probably a little biased. It was fun though. After that little adventure, Katy took me to Dick’s, their version of In-N-Out. It wasn’t nearly as good. There wasn’t enough meat in the middle. It was tasty, but not filling. We headed back home, chillaxed and watched TV for a bit, and then met up with Mr. Best and his friend, Dan, at the movies. We saw Nine, which was not worth paying to see. After the movie we headed back to Chris’ house and chatted til maybe around 2:30.

Monday 1/4: Katy and I didn’t wake up until maybe 1:30ish. Whoops. After eating and getting ready for what was left of the day, we went and got some Starbucks, picked Isabela up, and then met up with their friend, Taylor, in Bellevue to go ice-skating. Isabela didn’t skate, so she was the photographer. She hasn’t busted out her fancy camera, and I don’t know why. Maybe she didn’t bring it home. Ice-skating was fun, but it was difficult. I thought for sure I was going to fall on my face, but I did pretty well. I lost my balance a few times, but I always recovered. After skating, the four of us walked around the mall for a bit. Taylor ditched us for Jordan and went to the Guitar Center, so the rest of us went to the Cheesecake Factory. I had a certificate. We spent the rest of the evening at Katy’s watching wonderful reality television. Around 2, Katy asked Isabela if she wanted to go home. She didn’t. We stayed up until 4 and finally thought it was a good idea to go to bed.

Tuesday 1/5: We thought it best to try to get back on a fairly normal sleep schedule, so we set our alarms for 10:30. We all woke up, but we didn’t actually get out of bed until 11:15. Katy made us banana pancakes with chocolate chips and then we took Isabela home. We were planning on going back to the snow, but after checking the weather and finding that it was raining and not snowing, we decided against it. I would’ve liked to see it snow. We spent most of the afternoon watching TV and then we decided to venture out to IKEA since Katy had never been before. We picked Chris up, which was fine, but I tend to feel third wheelish when it’s just us three, or even Isabela instead of Chris. When our IKEA adventure was over, we picked Isabela up, went to dinner, and then came back to the homestead and played Nintendo. I wasn’t a fan. The evening was fun and all, but I still felt a little misplaced. We left to take Chris and Isabela back home at 2, and Katy said I didn’t have to come, but I couldn’t tell if she meant it like she didn’t want me to come, or if she thought I’d like to stay. And then she asked if everything was okay, which it was. Idk.

No comments: