Friday, August 13, 2010

May 5-11

Wednesday 5/5: I had forgotten how hot it gets in this house at night. Sleeping, or trying to, sucked and I’m sure it’ll just get better as it starts getting warmer. I woke up and showered at a fairly decent time and left to go to some art supply store that Daniel introduced me to last summer. I picked up a vinyl toy and stopped by Borders on the way back to browse. I love bookstores. Since I was running out of clean clothes at home, I stopped by my dad’s house to pick up all of my other clothes that I had taken home during my first round of packing. I wasn’t looking forward to interacting with my dad, but I didn’t really see a way around it. Fortunately, nobody was home when I got there. I made it to my grandparents’ around 4, flipped through my new cookbook, ate, and laughed at my grandparents and their friends that randomly showed up. My mom came to eat and then went home, and I finally made it home around 8:30. I started reading a book that I picked up at Borders, which was weird because I didn’t have to be reading, but I enjoyed it anyway. After I was done reading and my mom was done watching American Idol, we spent the evening watching Bride Wars.

Thursday 5/6: I had an interview at the Starbucks over by Ralphs at 11:30, so I figured I should leave the house by 10 to account for traffic and to show up a little early. I got there maybe with 15 minutes to spare. The interview went well and Dallas, they guy I interviewed with, said he wants to hire me, but would need to make sure it was okay with his manager. It was barely noon so I swung by school and had lunch with Daniel, Peter, Ian McDonald, and Mike something. It has yet to really hit me that we’re done with school. It was gorgeous out, so I changed and spent the afternoon at the beach. It was quite lovely. I plan on spending as much time as possible at the beach this summer… and during school. I left at 3, swung by our house, and then got home at 5. I watched tv in my room until my mom came home, then spent the rest of the evening with her. I sure as hell know I’m not ready to be living by myself for 3 months, but I do know that I’m very ready to get out of this house.

Friday 5/7: I headed back to the ‘bu for my interview with Malibu Surfside News. It wasn’t so much an interview as it was a tour of the office. Ideally, I’d get both that job and the job at Starbucks, but I don’t think that would be very practical. I think I could totally manage, but I might stretch myself thin. I stopped by school to check my mail and I wanted to see Peter and Daniel again, but my cell service was cut off, so I didn’t have any way of finding them. And because my cell service was cut off, I had no clue if Starbucks had called or not. I wasn’t all that happy about it, but the beach made it all better. The weather was even more marvelous than the day before, barely anyone was at the beach, and there were dolphins, seals, and pelicans. I should get paid to lounge around at the beach and scope out guys and make seagull friends. I’m good at it. My mom came home literally 5 minutes after I got home, so that was nice. I sat around and watched TV for a while and then went to Ralphs to buy stuff to make for dinner. Pork chops and veggies were a success and the rest of the evening was spent watching a Jackass marathon. Why on earth was that show cancelled?

Saturday 5/8: I got up and out of the house at a fairly decent time and went to go help my mom out at work. It was the USPS food drive, so my mom was in charge of the mail and I was in charge of picking up the food. It was rough since it was hot out and we were walking around, but it was fun. And a huge tree branch fell in between my mom’s truck and another car, but her truck was fine. The other car was all smashed. Crazy and random. After we were done, we went back to the office, where Dimler was texting me, and had some tacos that one of her friends was making in the parking lot for all the mail carriers. He’s one of my favorites. We went to my grandparents’ house after that for some more food and to watch the Laker game. My mom left before the game was over, but I waited it out and watched the Lakers come out victorious. Before going home I stopped by Home Depot to get my mom a gift card and then spent the rest of the evening watching Betty White on SNL.

Sunday 5/9: My mom and I got to my grandparents’ house around 11 for some menudo with the fam bam and sat around for a few hours after eating. We all ventured out to catch Iron Man at 3, where I got the call that I got the job at Starbucks. The rest of the evening, until 9, was filled with more food and a marathon of Teen Mom. I hadn’t watched any of this series, but I watched all of 16 and Pregnant, so I kind of knew what was going on. And I guess my grandma had watched all the episodes since she was filling me and my mom in on what was happening. My mom and I left after the marathon and just hung out watching random stuff on TV for a while. However, while I was watching TV with my mom, I was also facebooking. Daniel was on, and since I hadn’t talked to him in forever and he hadn’t returned my last attempts at communication, I wrote on his wall. He promptly deleted the wall post and responded via fb chat. Apparently his girlfriend told him to stop talking to me, which I understand, but is rather unfortunate. I really wanted to stay friends with him. I thought we were better than that. I wrote him a message letting him know I don’t want to be friends on the down low.

Monday 5/10: I got our of bed around 11, got ready for the day, and then went to get some lunch at my grandparents’. It’s free and delicious. I needed to buy some clothes for work, so my grandma offered to take me. And to top it off, she offered to pay. She’s great. I pretty much just chillaxed at my grandparents’ house for a good while, came home and messed around with my i-tunes, and then went to bed around 11.

Tuesday 5/11: I went to bed before midnight, but I didn’t fall asleep until close to 2. I couldn’t get my mind to shut off. I woke up at 5:30, left by 6:15, and then got to Malibu around 7:20. I had time to kill, so I grabbed some breakfast at Jack in the Box. My order was all messed up, but the hash browns were good. I spent the first two hours of work pretty much just filling out paperwork and getting the low down about the company and their expectations. The next two hours, I completed two “modules,” which were these booklet things with stuff I needed to read and fill out, and activities to do. The first one was customer care and the second was lobby slide, which was pretty much cleaning and restocking. I was planning on going to the beach with Clay, but since I left at the crack of dawn, I totally forgot my beach stuff. It was too windy for the beach anyway. I left a little after noon, got home about an hour later, bought some new shoes for work, and then went home and changed. I spent the rest of the day at my grandparents, got home a little before 8, and messed around with my music again until Glee. Then it was time for Parenthood. So good.

No comments: