Wednesday 3/31: I was not happy about waking up early to go to counseling. Who does that? I needed to be there early to fill out some paper work, but I figured I might as well go earlier so I could get some breakfast. I ordered a biscuit sandwich, with no cheese, but it wasn’t until I left the caf to eat in the Sandbar that I realized the sandwich was just egg and cheese. Fail. And the cheese was all melty already, so there was no salvaging it. I didn’t really have time to eat anyway. I went to the counseling center and probably spent about 20 minutes on questionnaires about background history and current conditions. It was fun and a little weird at the same time. Then at around 10 after 10, I met with Robert. He explained the process and then he started asking me questions. We got pretty deep pretty fast, but I didn’t mind. That’s what she said. I felt pretty comfortable. Before I knew it, it was already 11. He scheduled me to meet with Chris for the following day and I went back up to Towers. Katy was barely waking up, she’s starting to get a little sick and she had the day off so sleeping in was totally allowed, and we briefly spoke about counseling. She fbook chatted with Mary, I napped, and then around 2:45 we ventured out for breakfast. We went to Lily’s for some burritos and they were great. And going out to eat with Katy was great too. We just sat around when we got back and then I went to the volleyball game to play with the band for the last time. We won against UCLA in 5 sets, I came back and chillaxed for the rest of the evening, and Katy spent her evening with Madison and my man, Payson.
Thursday 4/1: Katy woke up earlier than I did to go ask her stats professor some questions about the homework. Marketing went fine, but instead of having an awkward 2 and a half hour break until stats, I came back, switched stuff around in my backpack, and then went to my first counseling session. I was kind of bummed that I didn’t get to keep the guy I talked to the day before, but my counselor, Chris, is pretty easy to talk to. I kind of felt like I had to start over with the background stuff though. Before I knew it, it was time for class. After I finished up with class, Katy and I went to dinner, and then we went to Mr. All American, some beauty pageant for athletes. It was silly. After we got back, Katy met up with Madison to do homework. I got bored so I ventured out to the HAWC where I ran into Tyler. We sat and chatted for about an hour and then moved the chatting to his room. It was almost 1 and Katy was asking where I was, so I figured I should get back to Towers. He walked me back and I called it a night.
Friday 4/2: Katy and Kasey went to Celebration Chapel, Karen went to work, and I went to go get a haircut. Traffic was bad, so it was a good thing I left 2 hours before my appointment. I cut a smidge off the length, trimmed up my bangs, and thinned it out since it was getting too big. After my haircut, I went over to my grandparents’ house and went to lunch with my grandma. After lunch, we went and found my mom on her route. I left for school pretty soon after that and got back just after 4. Katy was napping off and on pretty much until 7:15ish, when we went to the caf for dinner. We got down there a little before the Coffee House was starting, so we grabbed our food and stayed for a little over an hour. We had planned on going to the movies to see How to Train Your Dragon, so we had to cut it short. I’m not a huge fan of 3D movies, but I liked this one. I still would’ve liked it had it not been in 3D though. We got back a little after midnight, were being silly with glow sticks, and then got ready for bed.
Saturday 4/3: We didn’t wake up until after noon and it was great. Chris was coming over at 2, so I tried to get all my stuff together so I could leave and not have to come back until he was gone. I really shouldn’t have to leave, but I don’t want to be put in another awkward position and I don’t want to kick them out. I don’t think Katy would put me in the same position as I was in before, but still. I left a little before 2 to go pick up a CD for my mom at Barnes and Noble in Calabasas. I spent forever looking around at everything. I really like bookstores. I got back to school a little before 5, so I just sat in my car in the Fieldhouse parking lot and read until 5:30 since I had to be at work at 5:45. One of the girls I was supposed to do tickets with called out, so Tyler came in to work for her. How nice. I think I like him, but I also think it’s a bad idea. He’s a freshman, he’s a stoner, he smokes, and there’s less than a month of school left. I got off work around 8:15, parked up in Towers, dropped some stuff off in my room, and then headed to the caf. Closed. Then I went to Payson to get my homework done for the week. Closing in 15 minutes. Katy and Chris had gone to a movie, so the room was free, but I would’ve wanted to sleep if I was there. I tried to be productive in one of the lounges, but failed. I got about half of Monday’s homework done, so I guess I didn’t fail too much. I headed back around 1:15, a safe time, and got ready for bed. Katy got back around 2:30, but I was already out cold.
Sunday 4/4: Katy left around 7:30 to go to some church in Boyle Heights for an assignment for religion. She was going to meet me at my grandparents’ house after she was done, but she finished early, so she came back to school and we drove down together. We left around 11:45 and got there a little after 1, ate, and had a great time. I think my family is hilarious and I’m really glad Katy was able to experience it. We tried to not blow the joker (the video I posted), flew wooden airplanes in the backyard, played with a baby bird, and dealt with an earthquake. It was a 7.2 in Baja, but we felt it pretty strong over where we were. It was Katy’s first one and she dealt with it like a true Californian. It lasted for maybe 30-45 seconds and was the rolling kind, not the shaky kind. We spent the rest of the evening laughing and watching TV. Katy napped on the couch since she had a long day and I ate again, even though I was still pretty full. We ended up headed out a little after 8 and got back home about an hour later. Katy was a good kid and did homework, but I just sat around and didn’t do much.
Monday 4/5: I allowed myself to sleep an extra 20 minutes since I was decided the night before that I was just going to put my hair up in a ponytail the next morning. I think those few extra minutes made a difference. While I was in marketing I came to the realization that although I find it fascinating, it’s far too formal and structured for me. I don’t like formal. I’m an extremely casual person. So there went my minor. I’ve decided that I want to minor in multimedia design. That’s way more my style. I changed my schedule around some more, so hopefully it’ll all work out in the long run. The rest of the day went as usual, except Katy started to feel sick around 12:30. We thought we figured out the problem, we thought it might be her birth control in combo with that time of the month since that’s when it had happened the last 2 times, but the timing’s off for this wave. I hate seeing her like that. I can tell she’s in pain and feels terrible, and there’s nothing I can really do, which makes me feel bad. I don’t like it when I can’t fix things. I stayed up with Katy until she fell asleep around 3.
Tuesday 4/6: Katy felt better, so that’s good. I got to sleep in a bit and then got ready to go give blood. The last time I tried, I wasn’t able to since it hadn’t been a year since I had gotten my tattoo, but I was good to go this time. I was kind of scared, but it went well. I didn’t pass out or anything. Graphics went well, as did religion, and Katy and I surfed around online for a bit when we got back. We got bored quickly, so we decided to cuddle and watch a movie online. Katy’s computer isn’t the best, so after about 11 minutes of Shrek the Third, we called it quits and watched a DVD instead. We decided on Penelope since I had gotten it for Christmas, but had never watched it. It was pretty cute. Karen was who knows where all night, but Kasey had a boy over and there was definitely something going on over there. She’s a huge tease and doesn’t even realize it, but I think she really likes this guy, so I guess it’s cute. Katy went out to call Chris and when she came back at 1:30, we helped Karen blow up an air mattress using my blow dryer. We’re pretty awesome like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment