Friday, August 27, 2010

August 26

I woke up around 7:30 to the sound of knocking. I thought to myself, "Is that knocking on our door? Where's Scout?! Did she get out? Are we in trouble?". But I was still mostly asleep, so I didn't get out of bed to investigate. Then the doorbell rang. Katy and I both got out of bed to let Erin in the house. Apparently the kitchen door magically locked. We went back to bed, I woke up for real at 8:30, Katy woke up at 9, and I was out the door by 9:30. I had a doctor's appointment at 10, just to make sure I was good and healthy for school, and it went fine, but I was expecting it to go differently. That's okay though. Maybe it wasn't supposed to go differently. I was done by 10:20, and had 40 minutes to kill before I had to be at school for the Waves Expo, so I hit up sbux and then went to Alumni.
The Waves Expo was actually a lot of fun. I worked at the Riptide booth and sported an awesome orange jumpsuit all while letting the many freshman know about Pepperdine's biggest student group on campus. We got a lot of recruits and ended up running out applications, which i think is a good sign. We'll see on Wednesday I guess when we have our first meeting.
After I got home I kind of just chillaxed and Katy did the same after she came home. Not an ideal roommate bonding activity, but I'll take it. And we talked today. Not like a real talk, but I felt like we were talking in a way that we've never talked before. It wasn't just surface stuff. It was real stuff. I liked it a lot and I'm glad it happened. Erin came home before 11, so we got to chit chat with her for a little bit, which was nice. The three of us will get some bonding time in soon I hope. I would've liked for it to happen before school started, but that's looking a little iffy. But maybe.
Erin went to bed kind of early, so that left me and Katy downstairs to watch an episode of Jersey shore and two episodes of Friends. We started falling asleep on the couch, so we figured it was a good idea to go to bed.
I'm really glad that I'm not alone in the house anymore. And I'm really glad that Katy's back.

No comments: