Thursday, August 12, 2010

September 23-29

Wednesday 9/23: I don’t know what was up today, but there was a whole bunch of commotion going on in the Tower’s parking lot today, and it was NOT cool. Katy and I woke up cranky because of all the noise, and then when we drove down to the Fieldhouse for convo, there wasn’t any parking. Laura was singing since it was Founder’s Day, but we decided to skip it and went to CVS to pick up a prescription for Katy instead. I wanted to take some pictures of the flags on Alumni on the way back, but we didn’t. Oh well. Next year. Katy studied all day, I worked on my take home midterm for accounting and went to my classes, and Laura was working today I think. She came into our room and starting bitching about the maintenance trucks parking in the way of her car. I’ve had that problem, but I didn’t think it was that big of a deal. After Katy got back from dance her and Laura had a little pow wow that I wasn’t a part of. They’ve been having those lately and I feel kind of left out. But I’m not one to say, “hey, what are you guys talking about?” so I’ll just mind my own business and let them talk about whatever it is they talk about.

Thursday 9/24: My third class of the day was canceled, so I came back and slept for a while. Unfortunately, Laura had forgotten her key in the morning, so she borrowed Kellie’s, but never gave it back. Kellie came back during my nap and woke me up. Nice. Then after everyone was done with class we Skyped with you which was wonderful! I miss you a lot and I know everyone else does too. After we were done with our Skype sesh, Katy watched TV, I cranked out my London application, and I don’t know what Laura did. Laura came and joined as I watched Parks and Recreation and The Office, and then I left for Ralphs as soon as The Office was over since Katy and I were starving. I got us food, we ate, and we were happy.

Friday 9/25: Kate Pauley sang at Celebration Chapel and Katie and I were in the front row. We will be friends. I’m determined. And we’ll sing together. Katy and I thought about pretending we had swine flu and skipping class, and for a second I thought we were actually going to go through with it, but we ended up going to class. After our classes we ran into each other at the Sandbar and went down to the caf for a light snack. Daniel’s birthday present was supposed to come on Monday and I was hoping it would get here by the time I went to go visit, but no luck. But my boxed deluxe edition of Paramore’s new CD came… 4 days before it hits stores. So I listened to that 50 million times on the way to see Daniel, which took about 4 hours. Not cool. We went to the Kid Cudi concert for a second and then went back to his apartment. I made bad choices. And I knew they were bad as I was making them.

Saturday 9/26: Daniel and I didn’t get out of bed until late, but when we finally got up we went to lunch at some Spaghetti Factory that he’s been raving about. I like the Olive Garden better, but I didn’t tell him that. I left around 2:45 and got back to school around 4:30, just as Katy was getting ready to leave for Oxy. Laura and I went to Thai Dishes to pick up dinner and watched tv in my room, even though we both should have been studying for HUM. Especially me since I don’t ever pay attention in class. She was drilling me all night about what happened with me and Daniel, but I’m not really the one to share information.

Sunday 9/27: Katy had master classes for DIF Saturday and was too sore to do anything when she woke up on Sunday, so she skipped them and got back to campus maybe around noonish. Laura and I did homework all day, she stayed in and I went out with Fehlbaum to the Country Mart where we saw Lisa Rinna, and Katy went to Verizon because her phone decided to stop working. It’s probably because it realized she dropped it in the toilet over the summer. But she got a new one, so everything’s fine.

Monday 9/28: Wonderful day. Laura, Kellie, and I had a HUM test this morning, which I BSed, but Kellie and Laura felt comfortable with it. I went to schedule my London interview and ended up having it right then and there. I think it went well. I have to send in some personal statement thing and then wait to find out on October 30th. Fingers crossed. Gus Clardy was wearing a green polo shirt and I have never felt more sure that we were destined to be together than I was the moment I saw him after HUM. It was amazing. And then Kate Pauley said she liked my yellow shoes. We’re already on our way to becoming friends. She just doesn’t know it yet. The rest of my day was dandy, Laura worked on some stupid paper for REL, and Katy had dance. Pretty normal Monday night.

Tuesday 9/29: Wonderfuler day. I went into work early since I didn’t have time to do my normal 2-5 so I went in 11-1 and then put flyers up around campus til like 2:30. Laura did her regular Tuesday stuff, Roggero was sick so I didn’t have to write an essay in class today, and I even got Katy to ditch REL. BIG DEAL. But it was because we had to leave kinda early for Paramore’s kick-off concert way out in Pomona. Awesome to the max and back, but Hayley was sick and her voice gave out like 5 songs in. I felt so bad for her. The band came out and played one last song and said that Hayley felt like she let everyone down. So sad. She didn’t even come out and say bye. Katy and I were pretty wired after the concert so we sang all the way home, stopped at Ralphs to get a midnight snack, and then came back to Towers where Laura told us weird Remy stories.

No comments: