Wednesday 3/17: Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Katy and I went to convo for the first time in I don’t know how long. It was about the death penalty and went kind of long, but the tenacious nun from New Orleans that was speaking was fun to listen to. I went to the beach after convo and Katy went to work. We both got back around the same time and kind of just sat around until our call times for Songfest. GGS’s went better than it had the night before, so that was good. I came back at intermission, chillaxed, ate, and then headed off to Payson to do a shit ton of homework. I didn’t finish all of it, but I finished all the important stuff. I ended up going to bed around 3, so it wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been.
Thursday 3/18: Marketing sucked, stats was boring, and we listened to a guest speaker during graphics. Then, it was time for some Songfest. We did better than the night before, again, and I stayed for the finale this time. I hadn’t for the past few shows. Since there are so many in Songfest this year, they’re only letting 50 people from each group do the finale, so they’ve been splitting us up by last names. My mom and my grandma came to watch the show, so Katy and I met up with them after and headed up to our room to show them how awesome it is. Katy and I were pretty hungry, so we decided to go for a burger run. It had been a while, so I’m glad we fixed it.
Friday 3/19: Katy and I went to convo with the freshies and hit up the bread bowls after. I wasn’t feeling the tomato soup, so I opted for a peanut butter and honey sandwich instead. Not as good as a bread bowl, but I wanted to try and be a good Catholic and not have the oh so delicious cream of chicken soup. So the plan for the day was that I would go to the beach after convo/lunch, and Katy and the freshies would meet me after they were done with class. Plan B was that I would wait for them to finish with class and we’d all go together. I went to the beach so I could get a head start on tanning, but it was gross and cold, so I came back. By the time they were all done with classes, the sun was starting to come out again but it was still a bit chilly. Katy suggested that we go down to the hottub. I wasn’t feeling it, so I didn’t go. Katy assumed something was wrong, but nothing was wrong. I just didn’t want to go to the hottub. I slept instead. When they came back, probably like 2 and half hours later, they changed and went to get some dinner out Howdy’s. I didn’t go, triggering another round of questioning if I was okay. I wasn’t all that hungry and if I’m going to Howdy’s, I want a big meaty burrito. But I couldn’t eat meat today, so that was out of the question. Katy left for Songfest soon after they all got back and then I went to Songfest. We had to change a whole bunch of things in our show, but it wasn’t a problem at all. We’re pros. We had our best performance yet and I left at intermission again. Katy had been staying for the finale for all the past shows, but she came back today. She was too cranky to deal with Songfest tonight. I was bored, so I went on a little adventure through Latigo Canyon. Nothing special. Kasey and Karen came back from the movies a smidge before 1, right when Katy and I were getting into bed. Kasey brought a boy with her, even though it was past 1, so Karen came in and hung out in our room for about half an hour. I don’t think I said a word, but she and Katy were talking it up about boys. I didn’t mind not talking, I guess I was kind of jealous. Katy and I would have never had that conversation. We don’t girl talk like that. We don’t talk beyond superficial things. It’s extremely sad.
Saturday 3/20: Katy had work at 9, so I didn’t see her until she got back at noon. She got ready and went to Songfest, and then I got ready and went to Songfest. My energy wasn’t as up since it was a matinee, but we still rocked it. After the show, Katy and I ate dinner together in the caf, and then we parted ways. We had a dance party before we went on for our final show, and I actually participated this time. The first part of our show is all electric guitar, but as soon as it played the first note, it cut out. Awkward. And it was out for the entire show. But we still had our best show yet. Fehlbaum got some award and then Gamma Phi Beta, Pi Beta Phi, and Sigma Chi won for their stupid plague show. I met up with my friend Tania after the show and then went to our after party in the Fireside room after she left. I literally walked in, walked out, and then came back to Towers. I ran into Katy as she was leaving to go to KTD’s after party. She invited me, but it would’ve been weird if I went. I spent the evening catching up on TV and laundry. When I was doing laundry, Sophia, our RA came in and chatted with me, and I was leaving, she asked if I was okay. I texted Katy and asked her if I needed to start wearing a sign or something. We got in a mini argument about it, as we did yesterday, but then I ended it by telling her to have a nice night. I don’t know what’s going on.
Sunday 3/21: I didn’t finish with laundry until 3, so I didn’t really go to bed until 3:30. But I was worried about Katy, so I really didn’t fall asleep until after she got home around 4:30. I don’t know how, but she went to work at 9. I woke up at 10 and Katy came back to take a nap around 11:30. It felt awkward and tense again. I think it’s just because I feel like she expects me to be off and doesn’t believe me when I say I’m fine, even when I really do mean it, so I can’t help but be off. I don’t know how I’m supposed to act around her. Or anyone else for that matter since Kasey and Sophia even thought I was off. Maybe I really should wear a sign. Katy left to go back to work at 12:15. Katy and I had another mini text argument about me being okay, but we fixed it. We’re solid. I headed to Payson around 3 and was there until a little after midnight. I don’t know when Katy got off work, but Chris came over when she did. I was planning on staying in Payson until 3, but I needed coffee and my phone charger, so I went up to the HAWC and then up to Towers. Chris had just left. I didn’t really see the point in going back to Payson, so I chillaxed for a sec, caught up with Katy, and then headed to one of the lounges to do more work.
Monday 3/22: Sunday bled into Monday since I didn’t sleep in between. I was up doing work all night. Well, trying. I got stuff done, but it was incredibly difficult to focus. I didn’t get everything done that needed to be done, but I was okay with that. I stopped around 6, turned the lights off, and watched the sun rise. Cheesy. I headed back to the room at 7, got ready, stopped at the HAWC for more coffee, and then grabbed some breakfast in the caf. I meant to do more work after breakfast once I got up to the CCB, but that didn’t happen. And I didn’t get work done after marketing either. I did, however, meet up with Jason Yoo to get a shirt to wear for his campaign for president. Stats was just a quick review session and then I had about 3 hours to kill. I tried to get work done, but it was just too hard. Advertising went all the way until 9, so that sucked. I headed to Payson after class, to read for religion and get a head start on my graphics project due on Thursday. I was dying all day from lack of sleep, but I was able to make it all the way until closing without losing steam. I headed back up to Towers, finished up some other homework, and then crashed on my bed at 5:30.
Tuesday 3/23: I woke up at 11:30, right where I plopped myself down hours before, shoes on and everything. Katy left for class, and I waited to take a shower until they came to clean the bathroom. They’re tricky. The cart can be right outside your door, making you think they’ll be there any minute, but then they don’t come for an hour. So I could’ve been in and out in no time, but I waited. Stupid. After Katy got back from class, I went to the bookstore, the caf, and then to Payson. I practically live there it feels like. It was taking so much effort to stay awake and even move, and I was starting to get dizzy and feel queasy. The 6 hours I was able to sleep were just one giant tease. When I made it up to the CCB, I knew there was no way I could go on. I turned in my homework, came back to Towers, and crashed. Hard. I didn’t go to religion, but it was worth it. I went to the caf for dinner and then over to Payson. I got back to Towers around 10:45, chillaxed for a little bit, and caught up with Katy.
No comments:
Post a Comment