Wednesday 7/7: I really like sleeping in. It might be one of my favorite things. Forget raindrops on roses and girls in white dresses. Anyway, I read for class, sat through an excruciating 3 hours of humanities, and then went to the gym after class. I made myself some dinner and was supposed to go out with Clay again, but that didn’t end up happening. I watched some stuff online and then called it a night fairly early.
Thursday 7/8: To contrast with sleeping in, I really dislike having to be at work before the sun is up. Or before normal people are up. I showed up on time, 4:45, but Dallas slept in and didn’t show up until almost 6. I’m still getting paid for being there at 4:45 though. I hit up the gym after work, came back home to change, and then did the whole class thing. It was brutal. I don’t know how I’m going to make it through that class. Clay said I should come over after class, so I did. I sat around talking with him and a few other sigeps and then Clay and I ventured out to Topanga and hit up Trader Joe’s and Cold Stone. It was cold out, so Clay let me wear his jacket. Cute. And there was definitely flirting going on. When we got back to his house, we watched a movie with a most of the guys who were there when we left. They were there the entire time I was, so Clay and I didn’t have any time to be flirty. We did, however, sit awfully close on the couch. I left at 1 and there was no kiss goodnight, once again.
Friday 7/9: Scout doesn’t understand that I don’t enjoy having my face attacked by what feels like wet Velcro. It isn’t pleasant. I woke up and 9 and texted you and Erin for a while and then crashed until 1:30. Glorious. I enjoyed not having to go to school and then went to work at 6 with Yeltsin and Tim. Turns out Sandy’s quitting too. Claudia’s leaving, Daisy’s leaving, and now Sandy’s leaving. That just leaves new Claudia to converse with, but we hardly ever work together. But we’re going to be friends, so I guess everything will be okay. And Jessie, Yeltsin, and Tim are good to talk to too, but it’s not the same. I stocked up on groceries after work and surfed around online until it was time to go to bed.
Saturday 7/10: It did not feel like a Saturday at all. I think it was because I didn’t have class 5 days in a row. I went into work at 9, worked with Christian, Jessie, and Sandy, then Johnny replaced Christian, then Yeltsin replaced Jessie, then Amariah replaced Sandy, and the Amber replaced Johnny. I was supposed to leave at 2, but ended up staying until 5 to cover part of Claudia’s shift. Her house burnt down about a week ago, so she went back home to Chicago for the week and wasn’t back in time to come into work. I probably should’ve napped, but I just showered and sat around instead.
Sunday 7/11: I was planning on sleeping in and doing laundry until work at 6, but I woke up early and went to Clay’s to watch the World Cup instead. I texted you about the Laura dilemma, but eventually went in. She didn’t notice me for a while, but we hugged and then didn’t really talk until we left around 4. She said, “you know we need to talk, right?” I nervously smiled and that was it. And there were no developments with the Clay situation. I got home around 4:30, chillaxed for a bit, and then went to work with Tim and Amber. The last hour of work was super slow, so we were able to get a lot done and were out right after closing.
Monday 7/12: I slept in, paid our electricity bill, and read before going to class. Class was brutal, as expected, and I hit up the track before going home. I should’ve started working on my paper for HUM as soon as I got home, but I didn’t. I surfed around and watched a few episodes of Chuck. I’m about 11 episodes away from catching up. I left the house around 9 to go get some coffee and picked up and deposited my tips. Depositing money into my account makes me feel like a responsible adult and I really like it. I just wish I were in a position where the loan I took out for summer school wasn’t necessary. The whole reason I’m going to school is so I’ll be able to get a decent job that pays well once I graduate. My mom’s worked hard to support the two of us for the past 20 years, but it’s never been quite enough. I want to make sure I’m in a position where I can help her out as much as possible and ensure that my kids won’t have to worry about what utility is going to be shut off that week or if there will be food in the fridge. I was home by 10, but didn’t start working on my paper until 1. I was too busy fb chatting/flirting with Tim from work. And then I got restless and still didn’t want to start my paper, so I did a mini workout to wake me up a little bit. I was able to bust out 4.5 pages before calling it a night.
Tuesday 7/13: I woke up early to shower, finish my paper, and read for class, and then did the whole class thing. I can’t follow what’s going on in that class. Sassot gets all philosophical and starts speaking in Latin. Not only do I not speak Latin, I don’t do too well with theories and philosophy. I thought I was supposed to be learning about history. I’m a factual kind of person. I want to know facts, I want to see how things work, and I want to put into practice what I learn. After 3 hours of nonsense, I decided to run on the treadmill vs the track since it was hot out, and then went to Starbucks to flirt with Tim before going home and talking to you. I showered and did laundry for the rest of the evening and tried to get in bed at a decent time.
No comments:
Post a Comment