Thursday, August 12, 2010

February 10-16

Wednesday 2/10: It was just me and Katy at convo this morning. The freshies weren’t up when we left. Towers was having a pancake breakfast thing, so we made an appearance there and then went to convo. The gospel choir did a little collaboration with the step team, so that was cool. After convo we ran some errands, looked at some condos behind the stinkies, which ended up being kind of pricey, and then chillaxed back at our room. I caught up on The Secret Life, 30 Rock, and Parks and Recreation while Katy napped. Then we skyped and it was wonderful! We felt much better after talking to you, even though Laura decided to change things at the last second. Katy went to work and I did some number crunching on apartments/houses/condos and I found another house that would fit all 6 of us. Furnished. But I don’t really want it to be 6. I want it to be you, Katy, Mary, and me. Katy feels the same way. Katy came back, I did some homework, Katy went to dance, and I went for a run. Something feels different this week, and I like it. Katy got back around midnight, talked to Chris for a while, and then did homework while I tried to fall asleep.

Thursday 2/11: Marketing was lame and we had a class challenge that nobody finished on time. Stats was cancelled, so I went back to the room to take nap. Katy was gone by the time I got back and I crashed until around 3. Laura called around 3:10, interrupting my lunch, and we talked until 3:30. It was more like her talking sternly at me, and I just tried to be rational. She was just saying that she’s disappointed that she was never considered and she feels backstabbed. Before Tuesday, she was an option, so why would we have considered her? And even then, I thought she needed a place year round. She was swinging everything her way and making it sound like Katy and I were purposefully leaving her out. I went to graphics and then the basketball game, but we didn’t have a director and Katy wasn’t feeling well, so I left and went to get Katy some Gatorade to calm her stomach. It worked. We watched New York, I Love You, which would’ve been good, but none of the individual stories had endings, and that was confusing. The rest of the evening was rather uneventful.

Friday 2/12: We continued with our Friday routine of Celebration Chapel and bread bowls. Kasey and I left Katy and Karen and came back to Towers. I helped Kasey write a big kid letter to the volleyball coach since she misses playing and wants to talk to the coach about playing here. After Katy got back from class, she went to work for a little bit, even though she wasn’t scheduled. She had to pick up a key or something like that. After Katy got back from work, she and I went out looking for those houses that are on our list. Two of the addresses weren’t posted, so we couldn’t find those, we found two of them and think one in particular is wonderful, and the other two are in a gated community, so we need permission from the realtor to see them. We went out to dinner with the freshies at the Melting Pot for my birthday since we didn’t really get to do anything last week. We were there for a long time, laughed a lot, and ate delicious food. It was way too expensive and fancy for it to be for my birthday, but I’m really glad we went. We have major roomie love. We already told them that we expect to hang out in their room next year during our breaks in between classes.

Saturday 2/13: Katy left for work at 8:30 for work at 9 and was gone all day. The freshies went and volunteered in the afternoon, like they do since they’re good people or something, and I just sat around. I pretty much sat around all day. I wasn’t at all productive. Though I did go out and look for TOMS again. I failed. I don’t think the universe wants me to have TOMS or something. When I got back, I continued to sit around. I watched YouTube videos, wrote my first blog in months, and played ukulele. I hadn’t played in a while, so my fingers were hurting by the time I stopped well after midnight. Katy went over to Oxy to visit Chris after work and went to Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles on a double date with one of her acquaintances, Jordan, who also goes to Oxy, and his fuck buddy, Leah, who is one of Katy’s good friends.

Sunday 2/14: Happy Single Awareness Day! The plan was to go to the beach with the freshies from 11 til maybe 2ish, but that isn’t the way it worked out. Kasey had some date lined up, that she was tricked into, and it was supposed to be dinner, but it ended up being a lunch, so we had to cut the beach short. It was still nice though. I continued my weekend of doing nothing, even though I really should’ve been doing homework. I had lots that I could’ve been doing. Instead of being productive, I busted out the uke again. It doesn’t have a name and I think it should. I’ll think about it. Karen and I went down to the caf for dinner, which sucked, and Katy came home a little after we got back. She had spent all day at work, so she probably just wanted to chillax, but we all went out to see Valentine’s Day. I really liked it, but seeing it on Valentine’s Day just made me extra aware that I am single. Movies like that always make me aware of it, and it’s kind of a downer and makes me a little bit sad, but tonight especially. I couldn’t help but to keep thinking about it on the drive home, and it sucked. We didn’t get back til late, and I still had homework to do, so that sucked, but it got done and I was able to finally go to bed.

Monday 2/15: I got ready more quickly than I usually do, so instead of going to get a burrito, I chillaxed in the freshies’ room with Kasey for a bit. Classes went as usual, except I had a test in stats that I feel really bad about. I had a little breakdown afterwards, no tears, I just mentally beat myself up, and I made two new rules for myself. I can’t go out until my homework is done and I can’t go out if I have a test the next day. I didn’t see Katy all day. She’s so busy now. Class, work, dance, and now Songfest. I miss her when we don’t see each other all day. This weekend was even pretty hard to handle. I spent a lot of my downtime just laying down and listening to music. I have so much on my mind and I don’t know what to do about it. I’m starting to get that overwhelmed feeling again and I don’t like it.

Tuesday 2/16: The weather was nice today, so I made myself wake up early and I went to the beach. It was quite wonderful. I got back right before Katy got back from class, and then she went and sat in the sun for a bit. Before I had to go to class, I went out on a little adventure to find Katy a DIF poster since she never grabbed one during the show. I was able to find one in the music building, after checking in the CCB and Towers the night before, and the HAWC on my way down to the AMB. I brought the poster back up to Katy, along with a smoothie from the HAWC, and then went to Graphics. I don’t know if I told you about it or not, but our first project in that class is a poster advertising The Graphic’s website. I’m happy with the way it turned out and I hope it gets picked to be posted around campus and Malibu. After graphics, I met up with Katy in religion and we watched a movie the entire time. It was about a Mexican family growing up in East LA. I’m getting a lot from the class, but I kind of feel a little left out since I know what it’s like to be Hispanic in LA. I mean, I’m pretty assimilated into the whole white culture deal, but I still know what it’s like. After religion Katy and I worked on homework and then talked about how great our house will be, and then we started looking up what it takes to raise a duck. We are definitely getting a duck, eventually, and it will love us and follow us around, and it’ll be wonderful. And its name will be Pudge. Just so you know.

No comments: