Thursday, August 26, 2010

August 25

My day started on the early side, waking up at 7. I had originally thought that having to go work at 8 would wake Katy and Tess up, but they were up early to go to a spa with their aunt, and Erin was already gone when we woke up.
When I got to work, Amariah, Grace and Emory were already working hard, and Amber showed up 3 hours early. For the past couple of days, Daisy has been out sick. Like hardcore sick. She was supposed to work 3-close, but she ended up in the hospital. That meant somebody was going to have to cover for her. Then Amber starting getting sick at work, so she left early. She was out probably by 10, but her shift was 11-4:30, which meant that somebody needed to cover her shift too. Claudia came in early to help and Emory and I ended up staying. I think he was supposed to stay until 12, and I was supposed to get out at 2:30. It was fun with just us until around 5. Then it started to suck. Christian got in at 5:30, and his voice was gone, so that wasn't helping. Emory ended up leaving at 7, and I left an hour later at 8. A 6 hour day turned into a 12 hour day. My original plan was to work, work out, then be home with plenty of time to do roommate bonding type activities when I got home. Didn't happen. However, Katy was able to get lots done, so that's good.
I headed straight for the shower when I got home and then joined Katy and Scout downstairs to watch TV for the rest of the night. Not the roommate bonding I was expecting, but it was okay. I'm sure we'll get some bonding time in eventually. We really need bonding time with Erin, but she hasn't really been home as of late. She's just so busy with NSO. She didn't get home until 11 and she headed straight to bed.
Once it hit midnight, we knew it was probably a good idea to start getting ready for bed.

No comments: