Friday, August 13, 2010

July 14-20

Wednesday 7/14: I woke up at 3:45, clocked in to work at 4:45, and stayed until 9:30. I don’t like waking up that early for work, but the opening shift always goes by super quickly. I was at the beach by 10, home by 12, and finished up my laundry before going to class. Clay invited me over after class, so I went over and we swam in his pool for a bit and then spent some time talking and hanging out with Joey and Michael. Then Ryan came by with his girlfriend, Tori, to make dinner for everyone, and Michael Gallagher stopped by for a few minutes just to say hi. George showed up with Lisa Tenorio when we were finishing up with dinner. Ryan and Tori left, George made dinner for him and Lisa, and then we (George, Lisa, me, and Clay), watched a movie. Both Michaels were long gone and Joey was in the backyard talking to some rando girl that showed up. Towards the end of the movie, Clay put his arm around me and we cuddled a little bit. When the movie was over, Lisa and George left, and Clay said he had something to show me and carried me to his room, which was impressive since I'm not the littlest thing in the world. I think it was just a ploy to get me into his room because he couldn't remember what he wanted to show me. I brought up a band he had mentioned earlier, so then we sat around chatting about and listening to music. A lot of the stuff he was saying about what he likes about bands/songs/music in general, was the exact same things I would have said. It was great. And then we kissed. Well, no. We definitely made out for at least an hour. That was great too. But it was 2 and I had been up for forever and he had class the next morning, so I left. I was dead tired when I got home, but I couldn’t help but feel happy with how the day turned out. It felt like summer for the first time and I loved it.

Thursday 7/15: I didn’t wake up early enough to get to the beach before the crowds, so I opted for an hour on our balcony instead. No dolphins or seagulls, but that was okay. I left for class at 2, watched a movie that had nothing to do with what we’re supposed to be learning (we watched Seven when we're supposed to be learning about romantic art), went to the gym, and then came back to make myself some dinner and chillax with Scout. I spent the rest of the evening downloading music and surfing around online.

Friday 7/16: I slept in and planned on doing the whole balcony thing again, but it wasn’t warm enough for that. I ended up lounging around and went to work at 2:30. I could’ve gotten my shift covered and gone to Rebecca’s surprise birthday dinner instead, but decided not to. The two people that I would’ve been comfortable with, Tania and Breanna, weren’t going, Tania wasn’t even invited, and it would’ve been weird with Rebecca, even more so with people there. We used to be so close. I failed with that one. A few times. It was really busy for the first few hours of my shift and I got really queasy and lightheaded at one point, but I fought through it and was able to take a break a few minutes later. I don’t know what happened. I closed with Christian and Tim and Tim asked if I wanted to hang out later, but I declined. And by hang out he meant hot box. Apparently Daisy told him about Johnny’s party. Maybe had I not have felt crappy earlier, I would have agreed. I don’t know. I was home and settled by 11 and chillaxed with Scout until I was too sleepy to function.

Saturday 7/17: I slept in, tanned on the balcony, and then watched Chuck until it was time to go to work. I closed with Dallas and Claudia, which was fun. It was busy the whole time, but we made it fun. Claudia and I were gossiping and being silly the whole time, so that was entertaining. We got out a little late, but that was okay. I was home by 11, did some stuff around the house, and then went to bed.

Sunday 7/18: I had work from 8:30 until 3:30, which was kind of a lame shift, but my hours were crappy this past week, so I didn’t complain. The nicer the weather, the busier we are, so we were pretty busy again. But busy means higher chances of tips. And more tips makes up for crappy hours. Kind of. My mom came by around 6 and we made dinner and just hung out for the rest of the night. It was a little weird.

Monday 7/19: I had planned on going to the beach before I had to go to class, but it was too hazey for it to be enjoyable, so I did stuff around the house instead. The whole first hour of class was a struggle. I just wanted to fall asleep. There’s another HUM 313 at the same time as mine, and I can hear them watching videos all the time. I’m assuming they’re educational. They sound educational. Well, I heard Chopin, and we’re supposed to be learning about Romantic art and music, so that made me think they’re educational. If not educational, at least relevant. I’m starting to think that maybe the classroom has a negative affect on me. I felt like an idiot in my Faith and Reason class and I have absolutely no clue what’s going on in this class. I’ve at least had some awareness in all of my other classes. I went to the gym after class, then to Ralphs, then I picked up and deposited my tips (which were lousy), and then came home and Skyped with Katy for a little bit. She said she’ll probably get here a week before school starts. I spent the rest of the evening surfing the internet when I should’ve been doing homework.

Tuesday 7/20: Scout woke me up multiple times, way before I was planning on waking up. She needs to cool it with the kitty cat kisses. I went to the post office and the gym before class and then sat through 3 hours of confusion. Well, class wasn’t so terrible aside from Sassot speaking in Latin again. And German. I kind of knew what was going on. There’s probably like 30 people in my class, but the same group of 6 people talk. There’s one in particular that sits next to me that talks all the time and it’s annoying. 1, I don’t know how she knows what the professor is talking about and 2, I don’t know how she understands herself. Every other word she says is “like” and she ends everything with “in a way”. Work wasn’t anything special and I planned on doing homework when I got home, but I was too cold, tired, and mopey for that. I want to be able to come home and talk about my day. I know I write everyday about things that happened, but it’s not the same. And I know I’ve never been the debriefing/venting type, but I think that’s changed. I think that’s from the extreme introspection and realization of my previous lack of communication combined with my current inability to communicate (talking to a cat doesn’t count). I constantly find myself craving conversation.

No comments: