Thursday, August 12, 2010

November 4-10

Wednesday 11/4: Laura told me to tell you that she misses you and for you to talk to her ASAP. Convo was actually really good. Really long, but good. Since I didn’t go to work the day before like I normally do, I went in after convo. I didn’t want to, but it worked out. I got to make a flyer, count shirts, and go get papers cut. How exciting! And Scott was working too, so that was nice. He and I went to the Post Office and to Ralphs and then I had to go to class and rehearsal. Lame. Katy and Laura spent the afternoon talking about relationships. Katy says that kind of their thing to do on Wednesdays. Laura’s still convinced that she and Newport are going to get married. We are not okay with this. Katy and I spent a good hour and half waiting to get Pie with the Pi Phis. Not worth it. And Daniel called. He wanted to see if it was okay to visit on Saturday. I’m busy with band and work, but I don’t think he cares. Bad idea.

Thursday 11/5: Going to HUM for the first time in a while felt weird. We got our tests back. Kellie and Laura got B’s, I got a C. Better than an F, but I’m still not happy about it. And I got a B on the REL test I thought I failed, so that was nice. Rebecca asked to Skype at 3:15, so I had that to look forward to after classes. Unfortunately, she was an hour late as always, but it was nice to talk to her for the first time since August. I miss her. I miss you too. Laura left for home again and Katy crashed as soon as she got back from class at 5:30. She spent most of the night studying and I spent most of the night trying to stay up until a regular bed time hour.

Friday 11/6: Katy and I decided to sleep in instead of going to Chapel. Good choice. Katy spent the morning before class doing homework and then studied for her HUM test from the time she got back until the time she actually had the test. I didn’t see her until later since she had tap after class and I had to play at the men’s basketball game. We actually won by 30! It was pretty cool to see us do well. Gus wasn’t doing so hot, but he still looked pretty, so that was okay. I went over to Scott’s around 10:30 and tried to watch The Proposal, but the site kicked us off with half an hour left. No good. I got back around 12:45 and that concluded the evening.

Saturday 11/7: I helped set up for the day’s water polo game from 9-10, helped set up for the day’s volleyball game from 10-12, and then did band stuff from 12-3. By the time I got back to the room, Katy had already gone to dance and left for Oxy. I spent the rest of the evening reading a book that was much longer than expected, and spending time with Scott. But we were both being productive, so it was okay. I’m kind of iffy about Scott. I don’t know if he’s sincere or not. I asked him about it, and he says he’s sincere, but I still don’t know. And he’s been saying stuff lately that kind of has me concerned…

Sunday 11/8: Scott spent the night. BAD IDEA. Things got way too physical and I was not okay with it. I need to have a serious conversation with that boy and clear some things up. Professor Rogerro invited everyone to her house for empanadas today. The drive was pretty scary, I don’t think I’ve ever been that scared driving before, but it was worth it. Her house is absolutely gorgeous. It could be on MTV Cribs or something. Katy and I were both super tired from our weekends, so we watched JUNO and then were in bed by 11.

Monday 11/9: Long and slow, that’s how the day went. We had a quiz in HUM, but it wasn’t really a quiz. We had to get into big groups and discuss a certain question pertaining to the book we had to read. Laura beat me this time. Easy 15 points though. And I need all the points I can get. Classes went as usual, and I just sat around and thought about things until Katy left for dance. I wish I could talk to her about stuff that’s going on, like real, deep stuff, but I’m scared to. It’s stupid and I hate it.

Tuesday 11/10: Productive day, but not really. I made another doctor’s appointment since I’ve still been getting cramps in my chest on a regular basis. I didn’t feel like going to Spanish today, and Katy encouraged it, so I didn’t go. We went to go check our mail instead. Nothing. After I made myself a peanut butter sandwich and Katy got herself a Snickers ice cream bar, she went to class and I went to One Stop to clear some things up with my registration stuff. I lost my old 4 year plan, so I came back and made a new one, then I went back down to the HAWC to discuss some work stuff. I tried to study for accounting when I got back, but it was not happening. And then Katy got back from class and told me to stop, so I did. She was a bad influence today. But she’s older, so I have to listen to her. I tried studying once she left for her Songfest meeting, but then Laura came home from work and starting talking to me, so that didn’t work out so well. I eventually started at 9 and gave up at 11. I can finish tomorrow.

No comments: