Wednesday 8/11: I slept in and then met up with Fehlbaum at school for lunch. It was nice catching up with her. I’m really glad she’s still going to be around this year. I like her. I ran some errands, decided to go to the mall, and then went to the gym before coming home around 6. I didn’t mean to, but I napped for about an hour and then sat around until going to bed at 10.
Thursday 8/12: I didn’t open, but my shift started at 5:30, so it was like I opened. I think the 5:30 – 9:30 shift is a waste, and I much rather stay until at least noon if they’re going to make me wake up that early. I was home by 10 and was wired since Dallas made me drink a “coffee bomb” with him and Nandor. Mistake. My parents were coming, but I had time to kill, so I posted all of my old weekly updates onto my blog that I stopped writing on right after I started writing the updates. So really, it’s like I never stopped. And since I figure I won’t have anyone to write updates to within the next week or so, I might as well start doing the daily blog thing again. My dad showed up with the couches and kitchen table around 1:30 and left when my mom showed up with some other stuff about an hour later. I can’t remember the last time we were in the same place at the same time. Maybe it was when I moved into Hayes… Two years ago. Crazy. It’s weird to think my parents were ever married. Well, I guess technically now they were never married. Thanks Dad. I wonder how different things would’ve been had they stayed together. I wonder if we would’ve done family things like go on vacations or even just out to dinner. I didn’t get any of that growing up. I didn’t mind it though. They split up when I was one and a half, so it’s not like I knew any better. I’ve grown to become a little bitter about it though. I guess I’m part of the family my dad has now, but I don’t consider Jennifer family and I’m hardly ever around, so it doesn’t feel like I’m really a part of it. That makes me feel bad for Emme, the not being around part, but I try to be a good big sister when I can. I just hope someday I’ll have a family that does family things together. My mom and I spent the rest of the day doing stuff around the house, although we took a break for dinner. Our shower wasn’t draining well, and neither was one of the sinks in the kitchen, so I went to Ralphs to get stuff to remedy the situation and stopped by Starbucks for some fuel. The sink and shower are totally fine. I fixed them. The shower was gross though, and totally not my fault. I was extremely drained by the time my mom left around 11, but I somehow managed to stay up until 1. Silly me.
Friday 8/13: This week flew by. And hopefully the next 10 days will fly by too. I absolutely cannot wait to see you. Major roomie withdrawals as of late. I slept in, did some stuff around the house, and fb chatted with your boy for a while before running some errands. Our fb chats are always quite enjoyable. I went to work at 5:30 and closed with Sandy and Yeltsin. Sandy is so socially awkward, it’s ridiculous. She was hopped up on caffeine, so she was being weird and hyper, so it was a trip. It was a little too much for me to handle, but I got through it.
Saturday 8/14: As of late, Scout like to run around downstairs for a good half hour before coming to bed. When the couches showed up, it turned into 45 minutes. When I woke up, around 6, I noticed that Scout wasn’t around and I didn’t think she ever was. I went downstairs to make sure she was okay, and there she was, on her chair, sleeping. She came up to cuddle about 45 minutes later and let me sleep until 10. I got ready, finally got our parking stickers, and then sat around anxiously for Erin’s arrival. Erin had a million heavy boxes show up, so I brought them all upstairs for her. That was my gym sesh for the day. The Flowerses… Flowers’s… Erin and her family showed up around 4:45, I showed the around, and then left for work at 5:15. I closed with Sandy and Amber, but Sandy was too much for me to handle. She’s always half-assed things, but it was too much this time. Things needed to get done that weren’t getting done, and she didn’t care. I was trying my best to get things done, but she wanted me to stop. That’s not okay. And every time I would say something, she would say “Well I don’t give a fuck anymore.” That’s not okay either. We got out at 10:30, so on time, but it was a terrible close and I didn’t leave happy. I ranted when I got home, so that was nice. And seeing the house full was nice too.
Sunday 8/15: I had work from 8:30 to 12:30, but stayed until 1 since we were uber busy. Sundays are usually the busiest. I went to the gym after work, and then got home a little after 2. It was just Kate and Mr. Flowers, but Mr. Flowers left for home. Nobody really knows why. And he defriended Mrs. Flowers, Kate, and Erin on Facebook. I showered and would’ve taken a nap, but I figured I shouldn’t. Erin and her home came back with a shit ton of stuff from Target, so her room was pretty much done. It’s very cute and very matchy. We ended up going to Coogies for dinner, and then went over to Mal Yo, and then we went over to Starbucks so I could say hi to Tim. He wanted me to come over, so I obliged. He got really nervous and awkward when I introduced him to everyone and it was silly and cute. We were texting for a while after that and he asked when I was off from work so he could take me out. It’s not going to happen. We got home around 9 and everyone was pretty sleepy. I managed to stay up until 11, but everyone else went to bed at 10.
Monday 8/16: I woke up kind of early, but we didn’t leave the house until almost 11. We went to Paradise Cove for breakfast where I had yummy coconut macadamia pancakes. We got back home a little after 12, let our food digest for a little bit, and then headed out for a Costco and Target run. We took 2 cars since we figured we’d have lots of stuff. We would’ve been fine with 1 if Kate and I just stayed home. Erin got even more stuff, which is great, but I kind of felt weird about it. Her parents are buying her EVERYTHING. I mean, my family has bought me stuff too, but I’m buying everything for the most part. While we were on our way home, Erin got in a fender bender. Both cars came out unscathed, so it was just a little love tap. That happened to me about 2 weeks ago, I just don’t think I put that in your update. It’s a dumb story. Anyway, I helped Erin do some stuff in her room, which was silly and fun and made me really happy, and then we went downstairs and had dinner. I was really tired, so I ended up going to bed around 10, which was smart considering I had to wake up early anyway, but didn’t end up falling asleep until around 12. And I was texting you about being anxious. I was just thinking about how incredibly excited I am to see you and to have you here, but then I started thinking about how much I think I’ve changed this summer. Although, maybe I haven’t really changed that much. Regardless, I like whatever’s changed. But what if things have changed too much? What if our dynamic doesn’t really work anymore? What if I revert back to how I was before this summer? I don’t want that. We’ll be fine right? Things will great between us? We’ll still be silly and have adventures? And we’ll actually talk this year?
Tuesday 8/17: I opened, which sucked considering Mrs. Flowers was sleeping downstairs and I had to walk down the creaky stairs early in the morning. But whatever. It was just me and Dallas until 7, when Grace showed up, and then things got crappy. I finally corrected her about my name, but she was still really annoying. She is just so spacey and doesn’t get it. I was in charge while Dallas was on his lunch, so I had her on register and Johnny on bar while I was helping out wherever I could, and she doesn’t get orders right. Johnny and I had to remake a whole bunch of drinks that she wrote incorrectly. I worked until 10, went over to the gym after work, and then was home by noon. Erin went in to see me after her run, but I was already at school. She agreed hands down about how spacey Grace is. Erin left to take her family to the airport a little after 2 and I just hung out at home until she got back. I needed to get my mom a birthday present, so I figured once Erin got back we’d go to 3rd street or at least do something since it was going to be our first night of being real roommate. She went out with B.A. people instead. I left for Santa Monica around 7 and stopped by Starbucks on the way home. Claudia was really happy to see me, so that made me feel better about not having Erin around. I like it when people are happy to see me. I stayed until 9:30, came home and chillaxed until I was too tired to stay up for Erin.
Wednesday 8/18: Scout slept with me for the first time in days, but I think it was only because no one was downstairs and Erin had her door closed. When I got too tired of her kitty cat kisses, which didn’t take very long, I asked her if she wanted breakfast. That got her out of my face. So we went downstairs and had breakfast. Erin came down and joined us and then Skyped with her friend Claire for a while. My mom came over around 3 and helped us do some handy stuff around the house until she left at 9. Erin had some NSO meeting at 7 and then went over to some party for a second at that guy Josh’s house (the first guy she had a thing with in BA). As she and Tyler were leaving (the second guy she had a thing with in BA), Laura showed up. Erin said she was being really bitchy and was impersonating her perfectly. Laura wanted to do lunch, but Erin’s busy with NSO stuff for the rest of the week. And she threw me under the bus and said I wanted to see her too, so they should wait to do anything until it works with all of our schedules. But that’s okay. She doesn’t want to deal with her alone and I’m sure having me there would kind of deter her from being as bitchy.
Thursday 8/19: Erin had NSO stuff starting at 8:30, so she was already gone when I woke up at 8:15. I headed over to school to check my mail, turn in some paperwork, and go to the gym, and then I spent the rest of the morning and much of the afternoon doing laundry and lounging around. Erin got out at 6, but I missed her since I had work at 6:30. I would’ve worked 11:15-3:45, but I switched shifts with Daisy, which I later regretted after checking my shift for Friday. I closed with Amber and Sandy, and as soon as Sandy got there, a little after I did, I was already annoyed. All she does is bitch and moan about everything. And she was singing the entire time. I tried not to pay attention to her, but it was difficult. I got home around 10:45, and was planning on going straight to bed, but Tyler was coming over, so I had to stick around to at least say hi. It was kind of awkward. I said my hellos and then went to bed a little after 11.
Friday 8/20: I didn’t get a whole lot of sleep since I had to open, but Erin came in to visit me before going to NSO training. I went to the gym and then headed over to the soccer field to do event staff stuff. It was hotter than expected and spending 6 hours in the sun without spf left me really really crispy. Seriously. I ended up taking a nap with Scout after I got home and was settled, then contemplated hanging out with some people from work. Erin got home around 8:30 and left to a party with BA people around 9:15. I met up with Claudia, Yeltsin, Dallas, Jesse, and Sandy at Starbucks at 10 and then headed over to Dallas’s friend’s/Tim’s recently ex-benefriend’s, Hannah’s, beach house. She was actually really cool and nice. Everyone got really drunk really fast, so it made for an entertaining evening. Sandy gets even more loud and obnoxious when she drinks and was creeping Claudia out with her lesbian vibes, so we left her at the house. I was her ride and she was going to stay at Claudia’s, but neither of us wanted that. I got home right at 3 and was greeted by a vocal kitty. And she’s been giving me more kitty cat kisses than before. I don’t know why. It bugs a little bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment