Wednesday 12/16: Katy and I woke up early to study Spanish, since we didn’t really do any of that the day before. We finished our finals around 9, ate, and then chillaxed in the Sandbar until our next finals at 10:30. I was back up at the room by 10:40 and Katy was probably back an hour or so later. Laura was getting ready to leave when Katy left for her third final, so they had to say bye a little early. I helped her load up her car and then she was off. I had a presentation for accounting at 4:30 which was a waste of my life since everyone got full credit and then Katy and I went and got dinner after I was set free. She spent the evening studying for her HUM final and then we went out around midnight and wrote “IT” on all the bump sings on upper dorm road.
Thursday 12/17: I didn’t do much of anything all day, but Katy had one more final to get through. After she was free, we made one last burger run of the semester/year. We got back right on time for her check out and then she packed up everything she was taking home. We left for the airport around 6:20ish and I took Isabela and one of her suitemates too. I’m like a soccer mom/taxi service. I got back to school around 8:30 and spent the evening hanging out with Fehlbaum.
Friday 12/18: So for my major, I need a 3.2 to declare. At the end of first semester last year, I had a 2.9, second semester I had a 3.16, and as of this morning, with only 3 grades up, I had a 3.24. I knew once the other grades were posted I wouldn’t have a 3.2, so I went down to OneStop to declare. Unfortunately, the advisor needs to approve it, and I’m hoping he does before my other grades are posted. I came back, napped, ate, and then went to work at 3. I was doing other stuff during the games than I normally do, so I didn’t get to watch. But I know the women won by 6 and the men lost by 6. I hope the men’s team wins something soon. And I saw Gus hobbling back to the locker room after the game, so I guess he got hurt. Pobrecito. After a Ralphs run for dinner, I got back to the room around 10:30, packed and then went to bed.
Saturday 12/19: Home, sweet home. Too bad it’s only for a few days. Whatever. It’s not like I have friends to see or anything. I got to my grandparents’ around 11:15, napped, ate a steak, watched the Misadventures of Flapjack, drank some champurrado with pan dulce, and chillaxed some more. It was wonderful. I ended up spending the night instead of going to my dad’s like I had originally planned.
Sunday 12/20: So one of my grandparents’ neighbors has a rooster now, and it decided to crow at 6. Not okay. Fortunately it stopped and let me sleep for a few more hours. After waking up and having some French toast, I got ready and went over to my dad’s. We went to go eat at some swanky restaurant with his in-laws, but the service and the food sucked. We won’t be going back. After lunch/dinner, it was at a weird time, so I’m not sure what it was, we went to the Crystal Cathedral over by Disneyland and saw The Glory of Christmas. Maybe you’ve heard of it? Anyway, I wasn’t all that impressed. And ever since my REL 102 prof broke it to me that the Christmas card version of Christmas isn’t the way it really happened, I’ve been a little more critical about that stuff than usual. I left my dad’s around 8 and spent the evening hanging out with my mom and my animals.
Monday 12/21: My mom had the day off, so we spent most of it trying to get Christmas presents. After lunch, we hit up Toys ‘R’ Us for my sister. Success. Then we went to some art supply store for some glitter for Rebecca’s present. Fail. Then we hit up JC Penny, Target, World Market, and Michael’s. Success, Success, Fail, and Fail. We grabbed some tacos for dinner, watched The Sing Off, which I wasn’t into, but my mom had been watching it all week, and then went to Wal-Mart afterwards. I hate Wal-Mart. It’s gross. But they have everything. Except glitter. And all my grades came through. I needed a 3.2 and ended up with a 3.13. I ended last semester with a 3.16. So it didn’t change all that much, but the C in HUM is what did it. I pretty sure I didn’t do well because it was at 8 in the morning. My 8 o’clock class last year was my worst grade too. I just can’t function that early. And in high school my 8 am was band, so that woke me up and it wasn’t too difficult. Stupid college. I’m glad I’m not taking any 8 ams next semester.
Tuesday 12/22: I had work at 11 today, which sucked since I would’ve rather have been at home, but I’m getting paid and I saw Gus. After work I chillaxed in the room for a bit and then went to Santa Monica in search for Evan Almighty and some book my mom wanted to get my uncle. I found the book, but not the movie. Then I went to Michael’s in search of glitter. I found all the colours I need except 1. My mom showed me this article about painting with glitter in her Martha Stewart Magazine, and it looks pretty cool. Rebecca said she wanted me to make her something, so I wanted to make her a glittery version of the Gamma Phi Beta crest. She’s in G-Phi at Cal State Sacramento, but theirs G-Phi looks like our Kappa. I don’t know what’s up with our Gamma Phis. On my way back I stopped by Ralphs for dinner and then watched Pirates of the Caribbean. The first one. I’ll watch the other two tomorrow. After dealing with an ant invasion in the bathroom, I decided I was tired, so I finished this up and sent it off to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment