Wednesday 7/28: I opened with Amariah again, but she left pretty early to go to some class in Culver City. Emory and Yeltsin came in in her place, and that’s the way it stayed until noon. Emory forgot to give me my ten minute breaks when I was supposed to get them, so I got to stay an extra 20 minutes, but didn’t have to do anything. I got paid to sit, basically. I got home, got ready for class, and tried really really hard not to fall asleep. I could feel myself doing the head bobbing thing. If my eyes closed for more than a fraction of a second, I was doomed. Class was even harder to get through than usual. Not only was I really sleepy, the Sassot was making even less sense than normal. AND he gave an extension on the paper that was supposed to be due. I wasn’t very happy about that. After class, I went over to Claudia’s and then we went out to dinner at Roscoe’s. Turns out she got the shift supervisor position. I’m happy for her and all, but it’s weird that she’s only been working for 3 months and she’s going to be in charge of people who have been there 3 years. Whatev. We drove around for a bit afterwards and then went to Diddy Riese and to see Toy Story. It was cute. I was tired the entire time, but I had a really great time hanging out with her. I got home around 11:30 and was out cold by 12.
Thursday 7/29: I didn’t open, but I did have to be at work at 5:30. It was really chill until 8, but then it got super busy. I was supposed to leave at 9:30, but Amariah asked if I could stay. I was planning on going to the gym after work and then going home to study, but I figured I could skip the gym. I also figured I’d just stay for an extra hour. I ended up staying until after 1. That didn’t leave me time to really study for my final, but I think I did okay anyway. I was too tired to go to the gym after my final, so I just went home. Part of it was because I was extremely exhausted, part of it was because I was relieved to be done with summer school, part of it was because I miss you and Katy tons, and all of it was because I probably needed to, but I had a nice little tear fest for a few minutes. It was dumb. I made some dinner, chillaxed, showered, chillaxed some more, and then was in bed by 10. Out of character, but was kind of necessary.
Friday 7/30: I opened with Dallas, worked until 11:30, hung around for an hour, and then got a much needed haircut at the salon 2 doors down from Starbucks. I planned on going home after work to get my haircut, but the lady I normally go to was leaving at 1, and I wasn’t going to get there by 1. 2 maybe. It was waaaay too expensive, although it looked and felt really good. Price of beauty in Malibu I suppose. I napped when I got home and spent time with Scout since I felt like I hadn’t been around a whole lot lately and I figured I wasn’t going to be around until the next morning. I got to Clayapalooza around 10:30, and minutes after I got there, Daisy and Dallas showed up, so I spent the first part of my night with them. Dallas got really drunk really fast, so he bailed, and Daisy and the shit show she came with disappeared right after Dallas left. And then I saw Clay making out with Darlena. It was at that point that I decided I would not be staying over. Lisa and George saw too, so George unsuccessfully tried breaking them up and Lisa came over to see if I was okay. They were drunk, but they cared. Clay and Darlena locked themselves in his room a little after midnight and never came out. The cops showed up around 12:30 and made everyone leave. Everyone meaning those who didn’t find a room to hide in. I ended up in the same room as some SigEp freshie, Michael Arevalo, that I fell in love with during Songfest. I saw him during dress rehearsal and was sold. I told one of my freshie friends and he ended up telling Michael. He definitely knew who I was. “Ohhhh! Delphiiiinaa!” “Yeah, I’m that one.” We spent the rest of the night talking, so that was nice. There were still a good number of people around after the cops left, so the party turned into a kickback. I just sat around talking to people until 3, and then Michael and I went out in search of food. We failed. Everything was closed. I dropped him off and was home by 4.
Saturday 7/31: I kind of just stayed in bed until 5, dozing off off and on. I think I needed the sleep. Since the day was pretty much wasted, I lost all motivation to do anything productive, so I spent the rest of the evening surfing the internet and I eventually watched Spice World and ate a pint of Ben & Jerry’s. It was nice. I did some more aimless surfing and went back to bed at midnight.
Sunday 8/1: Wow. August. I woke up around 10, did some stuff around the house, and then went to work at 3:45 and closed with Joe and Sandy. I actually talked to Joe this time. He’s pretty cool. And he’s sorta pretty. Sandy always shortcuts things, so we were out early and I was home by 10:30. I allowed myself an hour of unwinding time and was in bed by midnight.
Monday 8/2: I worked from 7 until 11 with a whole bunch of people. Dallas, Claudia, Amariah, Joe, Grace, and Johnny. We needed the bodies I guess. We’d been super busy in the mornings between 9ish and 11ish. I spent the first hour with Claudia and Dallas, so that was fun, then Claudia started her training when Amariah and Joe got there, so then I was being silly with Joe, which continued when Johnny got there, and then Grace showed up. She is definitely no barista. I went to the gym after work, and then met Dallas, Claudia, and Claudia’s sister, Cece, for lunch at Lily’s. We probably stayed for about an hour and it was great. I like them. I contemplated going shopping when I got back, but ultimately didn’t go. I napped with Scout for 2 hours instead. I just cannot get over how adorable she is. She’s so crazy/silly/cuddly/talkative/great. The rest of the evening was pretty uneventful.
Tuesday 8/3: Sleeping in was great, even if it was interrupted by a cuddly kitty several times. I spent most of the morning/afternoon at home, and then I went to the gym before going to work at 4. I closed with Amariah and Christian, so it wasn’t a whole lot of fun, and we got out a little late because Amariah doesn’t do things until the last minute. And I think it was the last time I’ll be working with Christian. So Sandy is planning on leaving, leaving a shift leader spot open, Claudia isn’t a barista anymore, Daisy’s transferring, Joe’s going back to school, Jesse’s moving, and Christian’s leaving. That’s 5 barista spots open and we’re already short 1. So we need 6. And I bet Grace is going to get fired fairly soon. So that’s 7. It’ll be me, Yeltsin, Johnny, and Amber. And I bet Yeltsin will try to take Sandy’s spot. Or I will. Probably not. When I got home I started listening and downloading music, and it made me kind of sad. I have so much music, and I wish I could listen to all of it, multiple times in a row, and just enjoy it whole heartedly, but I don’t have time. I’m fixin’ for a concert, but like a small one. We’re going to a concert next month, but that’s a big one.
No comments:
Post a Comment