Wednesday 5/12: I was out cold by 12:15. I think it was because I woke up before the sun did. I got to sleep in until 8 and I even had time to check my email. Turns out my IP withdrawal penalty appeal went through, and instead of owing $2,750, I just owe $500. So I have that to pay and the housing penalty to pay. Great. I left at 9:15 and thought that was a little early, but traffic was gross, so it worked out and I got to work right on time at 11. I learned how to grind, press, and brew coffee, I tasted a whole bunch of stuff, I learned how to make the food display look all pretty, and I learned how to take the trash out. There’s this guy, Johnny, who I had kind of talked to the day before, but I spent a lot of time with him this particular day. He was helping me with some of the stuff I was supposed to be learning and giving me pointers on other things. And we went to take the trash out, which was like a 15-minute trip. Some Gamma Ghkkkkket people came in, so that was nice. I got off work at 3:30 but didn’t get home until 2 hours later because of traffic. I hung out with my mom in the backyard for a good while, went to Ralphs to get stuff for dinner, and then came back to make deliciousness. Success. I hung out with my mom until around 10:30 and I called it a night… before 11. Blasphemy.
Thursday 5/13: I left at the same time as I did the day before since I had to go into work at 11 again, but traffic was better, so I chillaxed in my car for a little bit before going in to Starbucks. I learned a bajillion things: How to pull the perfect shot of espresso, how to make a billion espresso drinks, how to steam milk, how to create foam, and how to make iced versions of the billion espresso drinks I had already learned how to make. Johnny wasn’t around to help, but Yeltsin was. I don’t like him as much as Johnny, but he’s still cool. And I had to taste multiple versions of each drink, so by the time I left work, I was extremely caffeinated. Traffic coming home sucked, and having to pee like Seabiscuit didn’t help the situation. I finally made it home a little before 5:30, messed around with my music library for a few minutes, and then started getting ready to go out to dinner. My mom and I went out with her friend, Steven, and his wife, Vera. He was the one making tacos on Saturday. We didn’t end up leaving until two hours later, but it was fun, so I didn’t mind. I spent the rest of the evening working on my music.
Friday 5/14: Getting to sleep in was wonderful. I spent some of the afternoon looking up info on utilities and stuff like that and I called Mike G. on his office line and cell, but he didn’t pick up, so I left messages. He didn’t end up calling back. I thought about going over to my dad’s to give my sister her sweatshirt that I got her before leaving school, but I didn’t really want to deal with my dad. I ended up spending the rest of the afternoon and early evening at my grandparents’ house where I fried up some chicken and watched way too much TV. I got home around 7 and spent the rest of the evening hanging out with my mom and chipping away at my music.
Saturday 5/15: I actually woke up at a decent time, but I didn’t get out of the house until close to 2. It was my grandpa’s birthday, so I figured I should go over and hang out with the G-units for a while. My grandpa spent most of the afternoon napping, as usual, and my grandma and I spent some time online looking at stuff to get for our house. After my mom and my uncle came home, we had some birthday cake. I left about an hour after my mom did, and she left a little after I got home. She went out for the evening, so I stayed home and took a nap with my dog and cat. I tried watching stuff I missed on Thursday after I woke up, but the internet connection was too slow, so I just surfed around instead. I watched SNL and called it a night.
Sunday 5/16: I woke up fairly early and made my mom and I breakfast. It was cute. We got out of the house around noon and went in search of things to fill up our wonderful house. I ended up finding some dinnerware and flatware at our first stop and my mom bought us a hand mixer. We dropped off that stuff at home since we were in the Jeep and couldn’t leave it in the car and then we went over to get some lunch before setting out again. The next two places were a bust, but our last stop was successful. I got us some knives and gadgets and cooking utensils. My grandma was making dinner and invited us over, so we called it a day and went over to my grandparents’. They are just sooo funny, it’s ridiculous. I ended up getting slapped because I was laughing, but it was totally worth it. After we got home, I spent the rest of the evening finishing up the reorganization of my i-tunes library.
Monday 5/17: I got a good amount of sleep and was over at my grandparents’ house by 1:30. My grandma and I spent most of the day running errands/looking for a cookware set, and finally made it home close to 6. I made dinner and brownies, both of which came out delicious, and stayed to watch the Laker game. I got home close to 9, watched TV with my mom, who ended up falling asleep pretty soon after I got home, and called it a night by 12.
Tuesday 5/18: I was hoping I’d be somewhat moved into our house so I wouldn’t have to wake up super early for work, but whatever. I was out of the house around 8:15 thinking I’d have time to get breakfast, but that didn’t happen. It was raining, so traffic was ugly since Californians freak out when there’s water on the road. I got to work with 5 minutes to spare. I was tired, but there was caffeine to take care of that. The first half of my shift was spent learning how to make frappuccinos, smoothies, and ice teas. The second half of my day was spent being silly with Johnny and Yeltsin, the guy who was helping me the other day when Johnny wasn’t around, and actually making drinks for people. That part was intense. Traffic coming home wasn’t too bad, and it wasn’t too late, so I swung by my dad’s house to pick up some clothes. Unfortunately, as I was pulling onto his street, he was pulling out, so he turned around. He was hovering and lecturing, so I felt awkward, and then he made me go with him to pick my sister up. That part was great. She and her friends were excited to see me and came to give me hugs. I’m a cool big sister I guess. I went to Target after I escaped my dad and my mom met up with me after work and bought us some stuff. We both went to my grandparents’ for dinner and then went home to watch American Idol, Glee, and Parenthood.
No comments:
Post a Comment