Thursday, August 12, 2010

February 3-9

Wednesday 2/3: Katy had the DIF children’s show, so she needed to be at Smothers at 8. Gross. I woke up for convo, but was not feeling it, so I texted the freshies and they agreed to not go either. When I finally got up and ready, 11ish, Katy got back. She crashed, but I did homework until 3ish when we went to the caf to eat. I left campus around 4:30 and headed up to UC Santa Barbara to see my friend, Tania, and my new love, Doug. Doug isn’t a starter, not does he play, but that’s okay. The volleyball game was really good, we won, and then we got pizza afterwards. I didn’t leave until 11:15, so I didn’t get back to school until a smidge after 12:30. Katy had dance until 11 again, talked to Chris, and then was folding laundry when I got back. We had some reading to do, but we opted for sleep instead.

Thursday 2/4: Since Katy slept too much the day before, she woke up even earlier than I did in order to read and catch up on homework. I wasn’t feeling class, but I went anyway. When I got back, I said hi and bye to Katy and then went to some florist across from Duke’s to get her some flowers. I couldn’t go after class, since they would be closed, so I figured I would go during my break. Success. The rest of my day was fine. Dance in Flight was great. Katy is amazing. AMAZING. I can hardly stand it. We got back to the room maybe about 10:30 and then I went out for a run. I did a little more than I’d been doing, but it felt good, so I didn’t mind. When I got back, I talked to the freshies for a little bit about nerdy science stuff that we’re into and then I took the best birthday shower in the world. Rebecca made my night with a birthday call filled with laughs and random tangents that had nothing to do with my birthday. I love that girl, I just wish things were like they used to be. Or maybe I don’t…

Friday 2/5: The freshies, Katy, and I made our way through the rain to get to chapel. JJ was the speaker and he showed some cool movie clips. We got some bread bowls for breakfast/lunch and then Kasey and I headed up early and left Katy and Karen down at the caf. Kasey and I are so different, but we have a lot in common. We decided that we both have commitment issues and that we don’t really like to be tied down… with anything. I had my heart set out on getting some Toms shoes, so I drove through the rain to the head quarters in Santa Monica, but they were closed. Birthday fail. I watched Monday’s episode of The Secret Life on Hulu when I got back, and then took a nap. Kasey woke me up with a distress call at 4:30 though. Turns out Karen’s car battery was dead and they needed a jump. Katy had cables, so she went to their rescue. Fehlbaum picked me up a little before 6 and we went out to Duke’s for dinner. It was delicious. And the Hula Pie, BOMB. And of course, your phone call was the best present I could’ve imagined. Really. It meant a lot. I miss you soooo much. Fehlbaum dropped me off in front of Smothers right as the bells were going of for people to start getting seated. I wanted to change and get pretty, but that didn’t happen. The show was amazing again, and Katy is still phenomenal. When we got back from the show, the freshies and Katy brought out flowers and cupcakes for me. Turns out their car trouble didn’t take all that long and they went to get stuff for me. Cute. Katy wanted to go to In-N-Out, but I was full, so I wasn’t really down to go. She seemed disappointed, so after about an hour of debating and watching clips of Ethan Craft on YouTube, we all went to In-N-Out. Katy got fries and a shake and Karen got a shake. Kind of a waste since nobody got real food, but we had lots of laughs. The freshies are so funny, but they don’t mean to be. And they think Katy and I are funny, so that’s nice. We got back around 1:15 and then I went for a run. It was raining, so I didn’t do as much, but I still felt like I accomplished something. I showered and then called it a night around 3.

Saturday 2/6: Katy’s parental units flew in today, so Katy invited me to go to lunch with them down at the caf. I like her family. They’re fun and I feel comfy around them. After lunch we went to the bookstore and they bought Katy and I matching sweatshirts. Katy’s was for DIF and mine was for my birthday. Katy left us since she had call for the matinee show, I left the Malones to chillax back in the room, and the Malones went off to kill time. I went in search of Toms again, but it didn’t turn out so well. When I got back, Katy just got out of her matinee and asked if I wanted to go to dinner with her and her parentals. I did. We went to Marmalade and then went up to Heroes Garden since we had time to kill and Katy’s mom wanted to go up there. When it got too cold, they dropped me off at Towers and I sorted music and then got ready to go to DIF. Again, it was wonderful. Afterwards, Katy invited me, Isabela, and Chris to her little cast party thing. It was awkward, but we didn’t stay for very long. Then, we all came back to our room and watched Legally Blonde. I wanted to go for a run, but I thought it would’ve been rude to just leave. I was uncomfy, per usual, since I felt like a second third-wheel and because Chris and Katy were all cuddly on my bed. Not okay. They all left at 1, and I felt like I had a million things to say and a million emotions going on all at once. I didn’t know what to do besides sleep. I crashed around 2 and Katy didn’t come back until 3:30.

Sunday 2/7: I went to my grandparents’ house to watch the Super Bowl. I missed my family and all, but I’m glad I was only with them for one day. It would’ve been too much had I been there since Friday. I was wearing my black Converse, which I’ve had since middle school, and my mom made me go buy new ones since they were falling apart. I guess that’s acceptable. The food was great, the commercials were only okay, and the game was exciting. The Saints won and my mom won $75 on a pool. I left around 7:15 and got back to school around 8:30. Katy had her first day of work and she said it went well, so that’s good. I did some homework and then we busted out the birthday cupcakes. Katy and I were so tired, but after we ate those cupcakes and got to laughing with the freshies, we weren’t so tired anymore. We went to bed at 1, but it took us a while to finally fall asleep.

Monday 2/8: It was a normal Monday aside from my decisions to come back to the room during my breaks instead of staying up at the CCB. During my second break, I felt like looking up apartments and stuff, which I messaged you about. Katy got into too once she got back from class. In honor of black history month, the caf had free soul food, so we went down to eat before my class at 6. Katy read for religion while I was in class and was already at dance by the time I got back. I looked up more apartments and houses and then went out for a run. After two days off I was expecting to feel kind of slow, but I actually felt really good and went a little faster than I had been going. Katy was back to reading by the time I got back from my run. I surfed around while she read/dealt with Isabela issues. Apparently she’s had some self harm problems and suicidal tendencies as of late and would rather text Katy than talk to the counseling center. I told Katy how I used to cut myself in high school and about some other deep-ish things. I had never verbally told anyone about that before, so it was scary/nice. You were the first person I had told, but I don’t know how valid that is since it was through Facebook. But I mean, Facebook is pretty legit.

Tuesday 2/9: As soon as I woke up I started reading for religion and doing laundry. I had some drama with my laundry, but it was no big deal. Katy watched TV on her laptop when she got back from class, I went to graphics, and then we went to religion. I really like that class. As soon as class was about to start, Laura calls Katy and tells her that she didn’t get the RA position. They were texting throughout class and Laura says that she wants to live with Shelby, her roommate (?), and me and Katy. We were banking on her getting the RA position, so that kind of screwed us up. And we don’t think we’d like her roommate. Anyways, after we got back from class, Katy and I cuddled since it was cold and watched American Idol on her laptop. When it was over, we were discussing our housing sitch and started looking for houses and apartments again. We found a whole bunch of local affordable ones. We nonchalantly talked to Kasey about housing next year. She and Karen are living on campus, so they’re out. So Katy and I focused our attention to 3 person places (you, me, and katy), 4 person places (3+ Mary), and 6 person places (4+ Laura and Shelby). We’re under the impression that Laura and Shelby are a package deal. Katy and I are a package deal, but we don’t know if you and Mary are a package deal. Katy and I both feel that either the 3 or 4 option would be best, not that we don’t like Laura anymore or anything like that. We just don’t feel as comfy with the idea of living with her and Shelby. And we definitely still want to be friends with the freshies.

No comments: